Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2022, 03:36 AM

10,454 posts, read 4,038,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneParty2022 View Post
With a mostly Latino & Jewish population it seems like it would be a cinch. But it hasn't happened. Making me wonder.

When will Florida turn from Purple to Blue state?
A lot of it has to do with religion and women's rights. The democrats have decided to embrace anti religious views and their pushing for transgenders into women's bathrooms, lockers and sports is not sitting well with many people. Many of the democrats are also pushing for communist views and many of your Latinos and Jews came from communist strongholds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2022, 05:04 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneParty2022 View Post
With a mostly Latino & Jewish population it seems like it would be a cinch. But it hasn't happened. Making me wonder.

When will Florida turn from Purple to Blue state?
When the sun doesn't shine!

Old 10-20-2022, 05:55 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,589,940 times
Florida appears to be drifting slowly red.
Georgia is drifting blue.

Old 10-20-2022, 06:01 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
you tell that old glory but I doubt he understands because of his bigotry!!
Rubbish and personal attacks are against the rules of the forum. I only object to illegal immigration and that's not bigotry.

Old 10-20-2022, 06:04 AM

5,581 posts, read 2,306,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
A lot of it has to do with religion and women's rights. The democrats have decided to embrace anti religious views and their pushing for transgenders into women's bathrooms, lockers and sports is not sitting well with many people. ...
Your view also relates to abortion...with Republicans pushing their religious views on women. This is not sitting well with many people.

Old 10-20-2022, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I hardly think that 33% stating they will vote Republican is a significant number. That's only 1/3 compared to 2/3rds that won't vote Republican. In Florida the Hispanics are mainly Cubans and they have always voted Republican. Not so of those from south of our border.

Old 10-20-2022, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Your view also relates to abortion...with Republicans pushing their religious views on women. This is not sitting well with many people.
One doesn't have to be religious to object to abortion just out of convenience. Many Republicans and Democrats alike don't have an issue with abortion when the woman's life is in danger or in the case of incest or rape.

Old 10-20-2022, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
I guess you missed the memo. blacks and latinos are the fastest growing block of republican voters. I saw one poll where 70% of Latinos nationwide now favor the GOP.

You have to remember, most of these Latino immigrants fled tyranny and communist crackpots, they have no desire to empower the Democrats to ruin their lives here too
You didn't provide a link to your poll. However, another poster just linked one and it stated that only 1/3 of Latinos will vote Republican and blacks have always overwhelmingly voted Democrat. I don't see that ever changing as long as the Democrats keep promising hand outs and keep telling them that the Republicans are racists.

Old 10-20-2022, 07:01 AM

25,729 posts, read 12,808,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
One doesn't have to be religious to object to abortion just out of convenience. Many Republicans and Democrats alike don't have an issue with abortion when the woman's life is in danger or in the case of incest or rape.
Most Floridians do not object to early term abortion. This reflects American opinion at large. The main point of contention, regards late-term abortion.

Since the recent SCOTUS's recent ruling to correct Roe v Wade, each state now decide's.

I'm very confident that Florida laws will ultimately match national sentiment...early term abortions are lawful, but late-term abortions will be restricted to rape, incest, & the health of the Mother.

Florida is currently Red, & trending Red moreso. How Red will be seen on Nov 8th.

If Dade, Broward, & Palm Beach votes were removed from the state tally, FLA would be a deep Red state.

Recent newcomers to FLA, tend to vote Red, & latino's are also trending Red, as are Black Men.

Old 10-20-2022, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Most Floridians do not object to early term abortion. This reflects American opinion at large. The main point of contention, regards late-term abortion.

Since the recent SCOTUS's recent ruling to correct Roe v Wade, each state now decide's.

I'm very confident that Florida laws will ultimately match national sentiment...early term abortions are lawful, but late-term abortions will be restricted to rape, incest, & the health of the Mother.

Florida is currently Red, & trending Red moreso. How Red will be seen on Nov 8th.

If Dade, Broward, & Palm Beach votes were removed from the state tally, FLA would be a deep Red state.

Recent newcomers to FLA, tend to vote Red, & latino's are also trending Red, as are Black Men.
It would be nice if you had provided a link denoting Floridian's and Americans in general's opinion of early term abortions.

Trending is not the same as actual percentages. The Hispanic Cubans have always voted Republican but as I said most of those with roots from south of our border do not. As for blacks it's the same thing. Their voting numbers for the Republicans are minute compared to the number of them that vote Democrat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies