Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2022, 07:19 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,777,671 times

Advertisements

Ejaculate Responsibly

I have always endeavored to do just that.

Old 10-20-2022, 07:20 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
If the probability of something occurring is 2%, and someone attempts that something 100 times, they can reasonably expect that something to happen 2 times. This is how the laws of probability were explained to me back when I was in school.

STDs are incredibly common in the USA now. Like, record highs. Condom use is not falling in popularity, yet the rates of STDs keep growing. The surprising thing is, surveys show Americans are having much less sex than just half a decade ago. So STDs continue to rise as people (supposedly) are having less sex.
Yeah, I'm trying to figure out how 1 + 2 = 48 (hyperbole used for effect), as well.

Old 10-20-2022, 07:21 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,227,205 times
argument for a woman entering into a contract with a man, who now owns a share of the offspring in utero, negating her claim to own it all simply because it is on her property.

'my body my choice' ends with mutual sex.

Old 10-20-2022, 07:22 AM

29,825 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
And here's where that FACT becomes very relevant. 95% of unintended pregnancies are due to women participating in unprotected sex, by their own admission. They don't want a baby (single, not a good time due to pursuing an education or career, financial concerns, etc.) BUT they don't use birth control while being sexually active? Someone please tell me WHY so many women are acting this stupidly. I'm a woman and I don't get it.

Figure 1.3, here: https://www.guttmacher.org/sites/def...lth-reform.pdf

Because they are pressured by their partners 100's of times, until they finally say F it and just give in to temptation. The women who put up with all that badgering might make the right decision dozens and dozens of times, until they finally slip and make that one bad decision, which often leads to more bad decisions in the future. The man knows that all he has to do is get her to agree once. After that, she will be much more inclined and open to unprotected sex during future intimate moments. And we all know what happens eventually if that continues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
That's not the way it works at all.

No, you are not "likely to have a child" if you have sex 50 times a year. When you use a condom, you have a 98% chance of not having a kid, that effectiveness doesn't decrease just because you have more sex.

You would have 100 STDs by now, if that was the case.

If the probability of something occurring is 2%, and someone attempts that something 100 times, they can reasonably expect that something to happen 2 times. This is how the laws of probability were explained to me back when I was in school.

STDs are incredibly common in the USA now. Like, record highs. Condom use is not falling in popularity, yet the rates of STDs keep growing. The surprising thing is, surveys show Americans are having much less sex than just half a decade ago. So STDs continue to rise as people (supposedly) are having less sex.

Quote:
Correct. It also contains sperm. Thank you for posting this as I'm astonished that people (both men and women) don't know this fact.

Pre ejaculat often doesn't have sperm. But sometimes it does have a little bit of sperm. But if that little bit of sperm is viable, it can result in a pregnancy. It's not as likely to happen, but it can. This is what confuses people sometimes.

Old 10-20-2022, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Again, that's not the way it works. This study was not conducted on one random person who hates condoms. This is years of scientific backed research with countless modern improvements to the modern condom.

Now since you claim you don't know how to use a condom correctly, then yes, you can expect to have some unwanted children.

Not with the correct usage of condoms.

I never claimed I don't know how to use a condom. I was responding to your claim that condoms are 98% effective. Does that mean 98% effective when used correctly, or does the 2% represent the people too stupid to figure out how they work? I really don't know the total effectiveness. I was just taking your word for it that it is 98% effective. Sounds similar to what teachers told us in sex ed class way back when. But one thing those teachers stressed was even when used properly, there is still a small chance they might fail. I have no reason to doubt what they told me.

Old 10-20-2022, 07:28 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Because they are pressured by their partners 100's of times, until they finally say F it and just give in to temptation. The women who put up with all that badgering might make the right decision dozens and dozens of times, until they finally slip and make that one bad decision, which often leads to more bad decisions in the future. The man knows that all he has to do is get her to agree once. After that, she will be much more inclined and open to unprotected sex during future intimate moments. And we all know what happens eventually if that continues.
If they have a male partner that is with them enough to pressure them "100's of times" for sex, WHY aren't they using birth control if they don't want a baby? What woman of child-bearing age has a male partner and thinks they'll never have sex?

Old 10-20-2022, 07:29 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,276,133 times
Quote:
Again, that's not the way it works....

That's exactly how percentages work.

God, I HATE it when people will spew the statistics and then argue that it doesnt work that way.

Old 10-20-2022, 07:36 AM

24,632 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
That's exactly how percentages work.
Then where are all your unwanted kids.

I have zero. I guess I must be Superman.

The 2% is derived from 100 different people in 1 year, not 1 person having sex 100 times back to back.
Quote:
I never claimed I don't know how to use a condom.
You’re clearly claiming that, as well as your claim they’re ineffective.

Just because you hate birth control, doesn’t mean the rest of us don’t use it effectively.

Condoms are the cheapest, most effective, and least invasive form of BC, and you can’t accept it.

The 2% is derived from 100 different people in 1 year, not 1 person having sex 100 times back to back.
Quote:
When used correctly every time you have sex, male condoms are 98% effective. This means 2 out of 100 people will become pregnant in 1 year when male condoms are used as contraception.
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/contra.../male-condoms/

Old 10-20-2022, 07:40 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,469,281 times
If we want to stop pregnancies that are exclusively the man's fault we should outlaw rape.

Old 10-20-2022, 07:41 AM

Quote:
If they have a male partner that is with them enough to pressure them "100's of times" for sex, WHY aren't they using birth control if they don't want a baby? What woman of child-bearing age has a male partner and thinks they'll never have sex?

A lot of people are impulsive and pleasure seeking by nature.

A lot of men hate the way condoms feel. I suppose many women feel the same way. Lots of people end up making bad choices in the pursuit of pleasure. We certainly have no shortage of people like that in this country. Just look at all the drug addicts. Hell, we all know smoking is bad and still millions of Americans smoke. Why? Because it makes them feel good, or they are just plain addicted. There are also sex addicts. They let a different head do all the thinking for them, with very predictable results.

These urges and desires were once vital to the survival of the human species. People had to have lots of children in the past in order for the populations to remain stable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies