Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2022, 09:07 AM

1,154 posts, read 274,081 times

Advertisements

I'm surprised by how short her tenure was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2022, 09:11 AM

4,295 posts, read 1,553,339 times
Boris will be back, mark my words.

Old 10-20-2022, 09:18 AM

17,297 posts, read 12,225,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by concreteblonde View Post
I'm surprised by how short her tenure was.
So short that not even a single new Dr. Who episode aired during her tenure.

Old 10-20-2022, 09:18 AM

27,132 posts, read 13,424,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
Boris will be back, mark my words.
The problem with Boris, is that he is facing future an on-going parliamentary inquiry in to whether he misled parliament, and the end result could see him removed as an MP.

Boris Johnson could be removed as MP if found to have misled Parliament, speaker confirms - ITV News (29th July 2022)

Old 10-20-2022, 09:21 AM

4,295 posts, read 1,553,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
The problem with Boris, is that he is facing future an on-going parliamentary inquiry in to whether he misled parliament, and the end result could see him removed as an MP.

Boris Johnson could be removed as MP if found to have misled Parliament, speaker confirms - ITV News (29th July 2022)
Singular?! I don't think Boris himself sees that as any kind of hurdle.

I think Mourdant would be a good shout.

Old 10-20-2022, 12:12 PM

26,206 posts, read 49,007,205 times
Another failure of trickle down conservative fantasy policies which we proved in the 1980s didn't work and even the father of "supply side" (David Stockman) has refuted. But still they persist, trying mightily to find some new fantasy that provides them a moral justification for the selfish greed of their billionaire backers.

Or, as a very wise man once said: "“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” ― John Kenneth Galbraith

Early on, when I saw the silly looks on the face of Ms. Truss, I did a head-smack and muttered words to the effect that the UK has replaced a buffoon (Boris Johnson) with a nitwit.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 10-20-2022, 01:00 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,146,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Another failure of trickle down conservative fantasy policies which we proved in the 1980s didn't work and even the father of "supply side" (David Stockman) has refuted. But still they persist, trying mightily to find some new fantasy that provides them a moral justification for the selfish greed of their billionaire backers.

Or, as a very wise man once said: "“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.” ― John Kenneth Galbraith

Early on, when I saw the silly looks on the face of Ms. Truss, I did a head-smack and muttered words to the effect that the UK has replaced a buffoon (Boris Johnson) with a nitwit.
If trickle down wasn't valid, people would not be railing against it today.

Truss isn't Conservative - that's why she got booted. She is WEF.

Old 10-20-2022, 01:17 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,773,391 times
Good for her. Can't blame her for leaving the mess. In the future they can't blame her for the ongoing problems there.

Old 10-20-2022, 02:46 PM

30,135 posts, read 11,759,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post

Interesting turn of events.

Old 10-20-2022, 02:52 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,791,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post

Because demand side economics, where you create all kinds of demand for supply you don’t have driving up prices, has worked so well. 2021 45%! of the economy was government spending. Focusing on supply creates abundance which in turn lowers prices and raises quality of life. As seen historically in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies