U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: should we be able to
yes 12 75.00%
no 4 25.00%
i agre with both 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 08:29 AM

18,696 posts, read 39,203,652 times

Advertisements

If you want to say something bad about the president, that's your right. But I'm sure folks, like me, are sick and tired of threads being created just to bash the president.

Can these folks not articulate well enough in general discussions? Look at the latest thread about "The Idiot". Pretty much sums it up.
Rate this post positively

Old 05-27-2008, 08:40 AM

10,478 posts, read 14,658,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
If you want to say something bad about the president, that's your right. But I'm sure folks, like me, are sick and tired of threads being created just to bash the president.

Can these folks not articulate well enough in general discussions? Look at the latest thread about "The Idiot". Pretty much sums it up.
Yes, & I'm tired of all you conservatives constantly looking down on liberals & calling us "loony" & a truckload of other names & also blaming us for the oil crisis. Close the thread if you're so tired of it.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:44 AM

196 posts, read 187,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Yes, & I'm tired of all you conservatives constantly looking down on liberals & calling us "loony" & a truckload of other names & also blaming us for the oil crisis. Close the thread if you're so tired of it.

ditto.....

Old 05-27-2008, 08:45 AM

69,360 posts, read 59,989,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fla33 View Post
i think it shuld not be alowed to do so becasue hes helping u whther u know it or not so stop whining about hi. isnt there a rule about this on th terms of service, if not please add it thanks.
yes, individuals should be allowed to talk about the president, or any elected official in any manner they wish. My wish is that they actually criticize those elected using factual data, and that tends to the be the problem here.. To many just making up arguments as they go along using absolutely no factual information to backup their claims.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:48 AM

69,360 posts, read 59,989,033 times
Quote:
So a liberal doesnt like to be blamed for the oil crisis? Maybe I also dont like to hear people blame Bush either. I can assure you though that I have a lot more factual data to point the finger at the environmental "loonies" then Bush is to blame for the oil crisis, especially considering that this problem was predicted 15 years ago if we didnt start to drill for our own oil, build power plants, and become independent from the middle east.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:49 AM

196 posts, read 187,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
yes, individuals should be allowed to talk about the president, or any elected official in any manner they wish. My wish is that they actually criticize those elected using factual data, and that tends to the be the problem here.. To many just making up arguments as they go along using absolutely no factual information to backup their claims.
when the president decides to deal with truth/facts so will we.... to me, thats how we get our moneys worth....

Old 05-27-2008, 08:49 AM

4,042 posts, read 5,739,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fla33 View Post
i think it shuld not be alowed to do so becasue hes helping u whther u know it or not so stop whining about hi. isnt there a rule about this on th terms of service, if not please add it thanks.
I can't think of a single positive thing this administration has done that is "helping" me. I have nothing kind to say about it, either.

Why should the TOS be modified simply because you like the current administration?

Old 05-27-2008, 08:56 AM

8,321 posts, read 14,325,685 times
In a perfect world, people should be able to speak about whomever they want, in any manner they want.

When it comes to City-Data, please feel free to speak about whomever you want as long as it does not breach the Terms of Service.

Case Closed.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:10 AM

18,696 posts, read 39,203,652 times
Quote:
You know nothing about me. Conservative or Liberal. I'm also tired of people opening threads just to Bash Hillary or Obama. If somebody wants to discuss any of them, feel free. But don't open a thread just to bash them. What does that accomplish?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.