Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2022, 11:14 AM

3,041 posts, read 5,000,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Thank you for pointing out the sheer ignorance of the people on this thread. I guess these girls they don't look like seventh graders because they aren't.

But what is more important for all these guys who are in the "random guy can just transgender and beat female athletes" camp...

Here we have a seventh grade girl who is running the equivalent of a 10.8ish 100 yards. For those who still have no clue about track and field but know football... This seventh grader could probably run the 40 in the mid to high 4.4s.

If you are a male on C-D and you have ever run 100m as fast as this girl, or think you could... or could have in your prime. Please feel free to chime in.

First off, where did you get the conversion from 100M time to the 40y? Every source I can find puts her time at around 4.9s.

https://www.milesplit.com/calc?time=11.79&event=100m
https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comment...to_100_sprint/

Secondly, the 100M is one of the worst sports to choose as an example of men beating women.

https://boysvswomen.com/#/

2016 High School Boys NBNO Finalists vs 2016 Olympic Women's Finalists

NO women would have qualified against the high school boys in the 100M. Ok, it's not a 'random guy', but high school boys are better than the best women in the world. And there are plenty of high school sprinters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2022, 11:20 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,577,728 times
Yes, she is an extraordinary young lady, and has a rare gift. Kinda like a young Tiger Woods or LeBron James, who at 7th grade age were recognized as that 1 in a million or billion athlete.

God bless her!

Old 10-21-2022, 11:44 AM

1,110 posts, read 671,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
These are the best in the nation, so top 0.0001%.

They have superior DNA and physically matured faster than most other 7th graders. It is amazing to see, but then I have seen videos of 8 year old Pop Warner football players just running away from everybody on the field and are bigger and faster than everybody.

It is a bell curve. Some people just have that top tiny percentage of DNA. After that, it is just a LOT of disciplined work.

Could it be steroids? Sure. It could also simply be freakish HGH, human growth hormones.
They could be cases of red-shirting too (where parents will deliberately delay entry to public school for a year to lend their children psychical and psychological advantages). As they are top tier athletes, it's likely that some are tutored and a 7th grade level is a result of balancing tutoring with their training and performance schedules. It's a real stretch to think these girls are 12 years old.

Old 10-21-2022, 11:48 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,575,531 times
Yesterday someone was whining on here that obesity is killing American children (totally false BTW)...today, children are being accused of being on steroids because they look "too buff". Some of you need some serious hobbies and need to get off the Internet.

Old 10-21-2022, 12:10 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,150,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA Bubbleup View Post
They could be cases of red-shirting too (where parents will deliberately delay entry to public school for a year to lend their children psychical and psychological advantages). As they are top tier athletes, it's likely that some are tutored and a 7th grade level is a result of balancing tutoring with their training and performance schedules. It's a real stretch to think these girls are 12 years old.
Pearce was 13 at the time of the race. The remainder were in high school. If you click on the link I provided earlier in the thread and click through to the individual profiles, you can see their ages. Other than Pearce, they are between the ages of 15 and 18.

Old 10-21-2022, 01:02 PM

10,230 posts, read 6,314,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
Kids develop at different rates. I have a cousin who is 30 now and was 5’11” when she was in 5th grade. She was a student athlete who played volleyball, but she was absolutely not on any steroids/drugs. Pass any HS/middle school bus stop and you will see some kids who are tiny/late bloomers and kids who are early bloomers. The latter just happens to provide a great benefit to student athletes in some disciplines.
In 1995 at age 11 (6th grade) my daughter decided she wanted to play Ice Hockey instead of Soccer. No GIRLS teams then in our area. Can girls play on BOYS teams? That was all a girl could do.

Something nobody is talking about with their all STEROID talk. FEMALE Puberty versus MALE Puberty. Girls go through puberty YOUNGER than boys do. At 11 daughter (Defense) had already, and towered over the boys same age. Many of the FATHERS on other teams were questioning her AGE. lol Go ask your wife how old she was versus how old YOU were when you went through puberty. NOT STEROIDS just BIOLOGY. Yeah, in a few years the boys would go through THEIR Puberty and tower over the girls. ALTHOUGH, through JV and Varsity, there still were girls on the boys teams; majority were Goalies. Can you tell if a Goalie is on steroids? ROFL Daughter made Boys JV team but switched to a Varsity Travel Girls Team, OUT OF STATE at 16.

Last edited by Jo48; 10-21-2022 at 01:14 PM..

Old 10-21-2022, 01:36 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,670,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
In 1995 at age 11 (6th grade) my daughter decided she wanted to play Ice Hockey instead of Soccer. No GIRLS teams then in our area. Can girls play on BOYS teams? That was all a girl could do.

Something nobody is talking about with their all STEROID talk. FEMALE Puberty versus MALE Puberty. Girls go through puberty YOUNGER than boys do. At 11 daughter (Defense) had already, and towered over the boys same age. Many of the FATHERS on other teams were questioning her AGE. lol Go ask your wife how old she was versus how old YOU were when you went through puberty. NOT STEROIDS just BIOLOGY. Yeah, in a few years the boys would go through THEIR Puberty and tower over the girls. ALTHOUGH, through JV and Varsity, there still were girls on the boys teams; majority were Goalies. Can you tell if a Goalie is on steroids? ROFL Daughter made Boys JV team but switched to a Varsity Travel Girls Team, OUT OF STATE at 16.
One thing with girls who are very competitive in sports is that puberty can be delayed quite a bit because the girls have such low body fat. I remember listening to Misty Copeland talk about how dancing became more difficult for her when she went through puberty because she has a more naturally muscular body type than is preferred in ballet. That said, she is still an overall petite woman. I would imagine if she’d ended up 5’11” and muscular, she would not have been able to remain in dancing.

As with any sport, there is only so much you can attribute to practice. If your body type is not compatible with the sport, you’re not going to make it to an elite level. People with more petite/short/compact figures tend to better in different sports than the tall, lean types and the just generally large types. My nephew is just a beanpole. He loves rock climbing and apparently this is a great sport for his body type, but no amount of practice is going to make him a good football player or sumo wrestler. Similarly, here’s a reason why you don’t see a lot of huge men/women in rock climbing/ninja warrior type competitions. Back in the old communist days, the national teams typically looked for people with the right body types for each sport. If Galena’s parents were 6’2” and 5’11”, chances are that she wouldn’t be selected to be a gymnast or figure skater.

Old 10-21-2022, 01:51 PM

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
What is the problem here? Girls aren't all wilting lilies. These are girl athletes.

All of them look like girls to me. Tough, athletic, strong girls.
Bonus is they look like bio females. Hard workers. Good for them.

I hope they take it all the way to scholarships for college. ALL of them.

Old 10-21-2022, 02:11 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteVirtue View Post
It looks like she already is looking at that video.
That's what I thought too.

Madeline my ass!

Old 10-21-2022, 02:17 PM

1,885 posts, read 1,001,883 times
I was about to comment that underage PED use is indeed more rampant nowadays, and it is, but...

None of these girls show significant evidence of PED use, specifically steroids. All of these girls look like potential biological females as well. Could be wrong, of course. I've seen women pass for trans, and trans passing for women. Get off the computer and into the gym, OP
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies