Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2022, 07:01 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I'm becoming concerned. I have my doubts as to whether dominion can make things "all better" this time around.
Things were fine last time around.

If republicans lose again, it's still fair and square losses, sorry.

On the other hand, I do sense Republicans will do better in 2022 than they did in 2020, which will make them stop complaining that the election was rigged.

So that's a positive. If y'all win, suddenly Dominion isn't cheating, and the results are accurate.

And I believe if the democrats lose, they will nod their heads in dismay, and agree the results are accurate. Because that's how they roll. In general, democrats understand technology and systems, and don't imagine goblins are there in voting booths stealing the elections from the voters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2022, 07:06 PM

17,623 posts, read 6,908,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

On the other hand, I do sense Republicans will do better in 2022 than they did in 2020, which will make them stop complaining that the election was rigged.

So that's a positive. If y'all win, suddenly Dominion isn't cheating, and the results are accurate.

And I believe if the democrats lose, they will nod their heads in dismay, and agree the results are accurate. Because that's how they roll. In general, democrats understand technology and systems, and don't imagine goblins are there in voting booths stealing the elections from the voters.
I'm not technologically savvy enough to do it, but someone needs to post the 25 minute long clip of Democrats denying election results in 2000, 2004, 2016, etc.

You need to watch each and every second of it.

Old 10-21-2022, 07:07 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:

That’s certainly not how they roll as they’ve goosechased because Trump and impeachment nonsense soon started after poor Hillary lost…and let’s not forget this. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1238156

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I'm not technologically savvy enough to do it, but someone needs to post the 25 minute long clip of Democrats denying election results in 2000, 2004, 2016, etc.

Bingo….the hypocrisy has no bounds

Old 10-21-2022, 07:12 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
And I believe if the democrats lose, they will nod their heads in dismay, and agree the results are accurate.
Sure... like they have every other election they lost. Isn't Hitlery still whining?

Old 10-21-2022, 07:12 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,237,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I'm becoming concerned. I have my doubts as to whether dominion can make things "all better" this time around.
I have no confidence in the majority of republicans. Most will be absorbed into the machine and/or lose the next election. A handful will realize what a cesspool Congress really is and exit on principle. Few will have the courage and fortitude to carry on.

At best We the People get a brief respite from the brazen insanity that is today's left.

Old 10-21-2022, 07:51 PM

3,162 posts, read 2,212,781 times
Quote:

Even in the best case scenario for Republicans, they are going to lose races in many of the solidly blue states and districts. There are likely to be voices declaring that the elections in (for example) Massachusetts, Maryland, Hawaii and California are rigged, and their message will get amplified by the key right-leaning media personalities. It would take Democrats getting literally zero votes nationwide for such messaging to stop.

Old 10-21-2022, 07:57 PM

3,113 posts, read 938,783 times
Out of these, I know DeSantis/Rubio will be fine.

I haven't been following the rest except Oz/Fetterman. I'm hoping Oz wins, and I donated to his campaign. He's a smart guy, a little eccentric, but he will do well for the people of Pennsylvania. Fetterman is a phony + he's literally brain damaged. The only reason he's not losing hard is the media and some people just vote straight ticket.

Old 10-21-2022, 08:12 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,728,246 times
This will be a high turnout election on both sides, I'm not paying much attention to the polls, I don't think they have a handle on who is a Likely voter and who is just a Registered voter. The Early Vote so far is historically high...what does that mean got me...traditionally the early vote favors Dems. But Virginia had a very large early vote in 2021 and the Republican won Governor. Neither side should be feeling comfortable right now. Here is good write up from the Cook Political Report.

The Midterms May Come Down to the Last Gust of Political Wind

https://www.cookpolitical.com/analys...political-wind

Old 10-21-2022, 08:17 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post

In 2000 Gore lost by 500 votes. If any election results should be denied that was the one. Of course Gore challenged it but once it was decided that was the end of it. He didn't go on a pity tour, with this stop the steal BS and encourage his supporters to deny Bush's legitimacy. His supporters didn't storm the Capitol to stop the counting of electoral votes. This is the difference. There are always people who deny the results because their guy didn't win. What matters is that these candidates accept their loss and move on instead of trying to divide us because they can't accept their defeat.

Old 10-21-2022, 08:24 PM

3,162 posts, read 2,212,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I agree but think GOP will come in with 245-249 House seats, and either 52 or 53 Senate seats. Plus 30-32 governorships.
The House breakdown of 247 R/188 D after the 2014 midterms was the strongest for Republicans since before the Great Depression. It would be no small feat to exceed this, but there are a huge number of #MAGA Republicans who didn't vote before Trump entered politics and now will never miss an election. The Democratic base will likely show up more than during the Obama midterms, but that won't help them if independents swing further right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies