Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2022, 03:19 PM

18,336 posts, read 8,162,371 times

Advertisements

"could"??....are we in a recession yet

think prices are high now.....just wait for it

"Oil prices and President Joe Biden’s continued draining of the Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) have dominated the headlines over the past few weeks, but analysts say a more impactful and serious crisis on the energy front looms: a diesel fuel shortage."

"Diesel doesn’t get as much of the limelight as oil and gas, but it should because diesel fuel is the industrial lifeblood of the United States, and the price of diesel alone probably has a more significant impact on inflation and the prices you’re paying at the grocery store over any other factor. Without ample amounts of diesel, semi-trucks don’t move, farms are shut down, and critical manufacturing sectors are crippled.

"The Biden administration has remained strangely silent, probably hoping that the dismal news doesn’t hit the mainstream because it’s a total political timebomb waiting to go off, especially as the midterm elections are so close."

"Add to that a potentially hard, cold winter for many parts of the country, when heating oil demand will skyrocket, causing prices to soar once again over competition for what’s left in the tank"

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...ipple-economy/

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...-seen-n1638814

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...uverify%20wall
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2022, 03:31 PM

42,662 posts, read 17,872,014 times
Did anyone tell Biden about this yet ?

Now the government is trying to starve us to death.

Old 10-23-2022, 04:14 PM

25,442 posts, read 17,128,344 times
25 days?
We could go 25 days without a supply of diesel fuel? Is that what it is saying?..... Because if it is, it is nothing but garbage headlines. It's like telling us Kroger only has 1 week supply of food and expecting us to jump through some sort of hoop.

Old 10-23-2022, 04:35 PM

17,385 posts, read 9,207,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Did anyone tell Biden about this yet ?

Now the government is trying to starve us to death.
As long as they don’t run out of Diesel until AFTER the Mid-Term Election …… TeamBiden doesn’t care.
The Mississippi River is becoming i passable due to low water right now.

Rail Strike agreement that TeamBiden worked out can’t happen until AFTER the Election.
TeamBiden has no problem with OPEC reducing oil production IF they wait until AFTER the Election.

I think we are seeing a definite pattern here.

Old 10-23-2022, 04:38 PM

9,357 posts, read 6,926,491 times
What specifically is the problem with diesel? Do we have refining capacity problems? Was there a demand spike due to Ian?

Old 10-23-2022, 04:53 PM

12,785 posts, read 9,298,764 times
I noticed yesterday that diesel fuel here at regular stations is about $1.60 higher than regular gasoline - $3.299 for gas, $4.899 for diesel. Don't know if truckers pay that much. I think there's a bit of a gas war going on in that particular stretch of road however, which might account for "low" gas prices (they're still close to twice as much as 2 years ago).

A friend of mine bought a Mercedes diesel car some years ago. They get better mileage than a gasoline car, but not that much better.

Old 10-23-2022, 05:06 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,927,604 times
In June they said we have 6 to 8 weeks...now we have 25 days.

So what does Biden need to do?

Old 10-23-2022, 05:41 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,918,985 times
The SOR holds about 700 milion barrels. Last I heard it's around 420 million. We use 20 million barrels a day in the US. Most of that is internally produced, I think we import around 2 million a day. I don't know what percent end up as diesel.

Do the math. It doesn't look good.

I'm all for protecting the environment, but not when nuclear war is at our doorstep. This is gross negligence. We coild end up with insane prices or outright rationing.

But neither party is going to protect the people. We need a total revision of the federal government and it's relation to the states. Cause what we got isn't working.

But when you have idiots electing idiots you end up with an idioracy.

Old 10-23-2022, 10:17 PM

25,442 posts, read 17,128,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
The SOR holds about 700 milion barrels. Last I heard it's around 420 million. We use 20 million barrels a day in the US. Most of that is internally produced, I think we import around 2 million a day. I don't know what percent end up as diesel..............
A barrel of oil is 42 gallons. There are 11 gallons of diesel in each barrel.

There is also 20 gallons of gasoline; 4 gallons of jet fuel; 6 gallons of other stuff.

As the US population grows, so does the need to move stuff around. Most experts expect around 500 million Americans in the next 80 years and then it begins to taper off.
Electric delivery trucks are showing some promise, but long haul trucks will use diesel for a very long time.

Old 10-23-2022, 10:37 PM

45,400 posts, read 26,983,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
25 days?
We could go 25 days without a supply of diesel fuel? Is that what it is saying?..... Because if it is, it is nothing but garbage headlines. It's like telling us Kroger only has 1 week supply of food and expecting us to jump through some sort of hoop.
It does get them past the elections...

I'm expecting some tough times for the next 18 months or so... most of it by design unfortunately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies