Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2022, 05:35 AM

25,409 posts, read 12,537,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Sounds like she wants to suppress the vote. What difference does it make if there is early voting. Voting should be made easier not harder.
Early voting & voting by mail makes voter fraud by voters, and those who move the ballots and process them much easier.

They have a lot more time to commit the fraud (days/weeks not hours), are not face to face with anyone, & too many hands are along the chain of custody and it only takes one bad actor to commit the fraud. It also opens up a lot more ways to commit voter fraud.

I'm with Lake. I don't say eliminate it totally, because some can't physically get to the polling places (like my Brother), but limiting it makes the election much more secure.

Old 10-24-2022, 05:35 AM

19,777 posts, read 12,021,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
She wants to eliminate voting methods used by 90% of the people? Is she a freaking moron lol. That should be a real winning position.

2020 was an anomaly due to covid. Nationally, the prior presidential election saw only 40% voting either by mailing ballot or early voting.

In 2020, 43% of voters cast ballots by mail and another 26% voted in person before Election Day. In 2016, 21% mailed in their ballots and 19% voted in person prior to Election Day.

Old 10-24-2022, 07:08 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,665,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Early voting & voting by mail makes voter fraud by voters, and those who move the ballots and process them much easier.

They have a lot more time to commit the fraud (days/weeks not hours), are not face to face with anyone, & too many hands are along the chain of custody and it only takes one bad actor to commit the fraud. It also opens up a lot more ways to commit voter fraud.

I'm with Lake. I don't say eliminate it totally, because some can't physically get to the polling places (like my Brother), but limiting it makes the election much more secure.
I'm with Lake, too. And I will add that it must be eliminated totally. Because once you begin making exceptions, they never end....and exceptions become the rule. That's how we got to this point. You cannot allow some and deny others "fairly".

Old 10-24-2022, 07:20 AM

6,744 posts, read 13,956,658 times
Well those supporting this nonsense are going on the assumption that there was voter fraud despite the state saying there was not. It's just amazing to me how gullible these folks are.

Old 10-24-2022, 07:22 AM

7,222 posts, read 4,503,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CastletonSnob1 View Post
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ting-chopping/

Lake is a HUGE believer in the lie that the 2020 election was stolen from Trump. We CAN'T let this psycho be elected.
She is correct. What we can't do is allow voting to be corrupted.

Old 10-24-2022, 07:32 AM

3,577 posts, read 1,556,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Sounds like she wants to suppress the vote. What difference does it make if there is early voting. Voting should be made easier not harder.
At the expense of reliability? The easier it is to vote the more potential for fraud. The harder it is to vote (stricter controls and regulations, verification, etc) the less potential for fraud.

Voting is counting. That's it. Sounds simple but can be easily corrupted when more variations are added to the counting system. For example say counting money. If you have a jar of money with bills and coins it's not too hard to count. Although different people might add up different results of the same jar, with minor total differences.

But say you want to determine the financial status of a large corporation. You'll need to gather all the accounting records of debits and credits, all the current bank statements, etc. Not so easy. May require a CPA.

Same thing with voting. If votes are gathered in several ways, say mail-in, drop-off, in-person, etc it makes it easier to vote, but adding more complexity to gathering and tallying.

I would prefer the verification and counting of ballots to be as transparent as possible. That anyone can observe. Keep the voting identity private, but show everything about the ballot gathering and counting open and transparent. And even recorded on video. Do this at the precinct and county level.

My plan is to count paper ballots one-at-a-time using a simple calculator, sitting at a table, and record every count on video for anyone to play back and verify. If you do this at every precinct then anyone can verify the accuracy of the vote at any precinct. Do the same with verifying the registration of each voter at a precinct.

In other words make it easier, not harder, to verify registrations and ballot tallies.

Last edited by james112; 10-24-2022 at 07:41 AM..

Old 10-24-2022, 08:29 AM

5,507 posts, read 2,243,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
2020 was an anomaly due to covid. Nationally, the prior presidential election saw only 40% voting either by mailing ballot or early voting.

In 2020, 43% of voters cast ballots by mail and another 26% voted in person before Election Day. In 2016, 21% mailed in their ballots and 19% voted in person prior to Election Day.
Every election the volume of early in-person and mail voting increases. More and more states have been adding all-mail voting, early in-person voting or allowing no excuse mail voting.

3 additional states converted to all mail voting starting in 2022. Now a total of 8 states are all-mail voting.

Only 4 states have only election day in-person voting.

Expect 2022 to have a higher percentage of mail and early voting than prior elections.

Old 10-24-2022, 08:43 AM

22,142 posts, read 19,377,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Here's what it said:

OK, so I was a little unfair to you. The article says "nearly" 90% but you said 90%. The bigger problem with the article (and your claim) is that 90% vote by mail or by early voting. That's not true in any normal election, but it probably was true in the rigged 2020 COVID election.
1. 2020 wasn't rigger, enough with this nonsense

2. Arizona has been trending in the mail in and early voting direction pre-covid. It did go up in 2020, but it was heading in that direction anyway. 61% voted early in 2012, in 2018 it was up to 79%

Quote:
In the 2012 general election, 61% of Arizona voters cast an early ballot according to the Secretary of State’s office. By 2018, that number grew to 79%.
https://news.azpm.org/p/newsfeature/...oting-by-mail/

Old 10-24-2022, 08:55 AM

13,547 posts, read 4,854,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Fantastic. I agree with her. Everyone should vote on Election Day.
Why?

Old 10-24-2022, 09:01 AM

25,409 posts, read 12,537,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
Well those supporting this nonsense are going on the assumption that there was voter fraud despite the state saying there was not. It's just amazing to me how gullible these folks are.
Nearly every national election for President, the losing side claims fraud. "Its amazing how gullible these folks are"..."these folks" are every American.

Voting is a very important civic duty, so I don't see it as asking too much of American voters to go to their precincts to vote. It was done that way for 200+ years, so why is it an issue now?

We have cars now, taxi's, public transportation, precincts closer than ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies