Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2022, 09:40 PM

32,063 posts, read 15,058,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
A judge in California rules a baker does not have to make LGBTQ wedding cake.

This is similar to another case a few years ago before Covid.

This time in California nonetheless. I take it the Central Valley is still have some conservative values left. According to the article though, the baker is able to refute making any cakes for the LGBTQ wedding. In the similar case a few years ago, the bakers offered to sell any other cake to the buyer/plaintiff.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ju...?siteid=yhoof2
What is the big deal about making a cake for a gay wedding. This has nothing to do with conservative values. It's all about being prejudiced and blaming it on being conservatize. We were all created equal as should be treated as equals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2022, 09:52 PM

14,226 posts, read 4,592,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What is the big deal about making a cake for a gay wedding. This has nothing to do with conservative values. It's all about being prejudiced and blaming it on being conservatize. We were all created equal as should be treated as equals.
Conservative values? Don’t you mean religious values?

Did you bother to read the article before you post?

Old 10-24-2022, 09:58 PM

32,063 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Conservative values? Don’t you mean religious values?

Did you bother to read the article before you post?
Op said conservative values so ask if they meant religious values. Just responding to what they said.

Old 10-24-2022, 10:56 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,943,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Why does it have to be a gay wedding? In fact, why even have to mention its a wedding? Just ask baker to make you a large cake. Heck, you dont even have to say who the cake is for. You can just be a purchasing agent.

Old 10-24-2022, 10:57 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,943,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snerk View Post
You've never heard of a pork pie? There's even a hat named after it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
It’s British’s dish and it’s delicious
I have heard of savory pies like fish/seafood pies, steak and kidney pies, cottage pies, sherperd's pie, chicken pot pie, Steak and ale pie. Never heard of pies with pork in it though.

Old 10-25-2022, 02:52 AM

24,623 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Did I miss the repeal of the "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" freedom?
It’s Biden’s America.

If you refuse service to me, I can claim it’s because I’m black.

Old 10-25-2022, 07:24 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,738,627 times
Legally that’s the right call.

The baker’s still a dumb*** though. I don’t understand how a business owner can’t understand that gay dollars spend the same as all the other dollars. Probably doesn’t make a whole lot of money.

Old 10-25-2022, 08:37 AM

13,954 posts, read 5,623,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post

The baker’s still a dumb*** though. I don’t understand how a business owner can’t understand that gay dollars spend the same as all the other dollars. Probably doesn’t make a whole lot of money.
Truth, both parts.

Legally and according to the freedom of association, it is indeed the right call.

And yes, from a business, market share, profitability and positive publicity standpoint, it's dumb as hell because yes, absolutely, the LGBTQ_lmnop_expialadocious dollar does spend exactly the same as the standard dollar. Turning down revenue is generally not the preferred move for any business.

Old 10-25-2022, 08:38 AM

16,082 posts, read 10,744,030 times
So what? Go get your cake somewhere else. Simple.

Old 10-25-2022, 08:45 AM

1,926 posts, read 557,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Truth, both parts.

Legally and according to the freedom of association, it is indeed the right call.

And yes, from a business, market share, profitability and positive publicity standpoint, it's dumb as hell because yes, absolutely, the LGBTQ_lmnop_expialadocious dollar does spend exactly the same as the standard dollar. Turning down revenue is generally not the preferred move for any business.
Some businesses still put personal convictions over the dollar. I doubt this will result in bankruptcy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies