Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2022, 02:38 PM

10,483 posts, read 7,005,412 times

Advertisements

People need God, church and religion. The evil secular world is creating these monsters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2022, 02:42 PM

19,722 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
People need God, church and religion. The evil secular world is creating these monsters.
Oh please, religion does not stop anyone from being evil. People are always being killed in the name of a religion. In fact, the Bible and Quran both say to kill non-believers.

Old 10-24-2022, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Oh please, religion does not stop anyone from being evil. People are always being killed in the name of a religion. In fact, the Bible and Quran both say to kill non-believers.
Name a Christian that we all know about who killed in the name of Jesus.. ill wait. Also, the Quran says to kill Jews, Christians, gays, non-believers, the Bible does not.

Old 10-24-2022, 02:45 PM

6,667 posts, read 2,975,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
The shooter was a young man. Looked to be in his 20's, according to a witness.
So this shooter didn't even attend the school? I saw footage of the response police and some had 'Gang Police" on their vests, whatever that means.

Was this gang related?

Old 10-24-2022, 02:46 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post
Fix the culture. Culture is raising more evil people by many means.
^^^

100% correct.

Old 10-24-2022, 02:56 PM

19,722 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Name a Christian that we all know about who killed in the name of Jesus.. ill wait. Also, the Quran says to kill Jews, Christians, gays, non-believers, the Bible does not.
In over 30 places, the Bible says to kill non-believers.

https://www.openbible.info/topics/killing_non_believers

Posting things you are completely wrong about is not smart.

Old 10-24-2022, 02:57 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,155,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
So this shooter didn't even attend the school? I saw footage of the response police and some had 'Gang Police" on their vests, whatever that means.

Was this gang related?
I don't know. Last I heard, they haven't identified the shooter yet, so I would think if they haven't identified the shooter, it'd be hard to tell if it was gang related, or not. But...it was an inner-city high school, and St. Louis has gang problems like a lot of other cities...so who knows.

Old 10-24-2022, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
In over 30 places, the Bible says to kill non-believers.

https://www.openbible.info/topics/killing_non_believers

Posting things you are completely wrong about is not smart.
I know the Bible very well, and none of these 30 places say that. Just for reference of your source, you referenced John 3:16 in your link.

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."

Old 10-24-2022, 03:03 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,635,195 times
Quote:
Fair enough, the problem is it is a larger conversation than we can fully have here. To quickly name a few that I think share some of the largest blame without going into great detail on each: weakening of morals and ethics, weakening of commitment to spouse and family, weakening of traditional family values, attacks on the traditional values of self worth (country, family name, God-given gender), rise of selfishness, increase in pridefullness, social media with it look at me and bullying complexes, and lastly, the access to internet content that is beyond what a young brain is able to process and form a proper response to.

That’s a start but certainly not fully inclusive, and each one of those deserves at least a page all on their own.
Whatever previous comment of yours I gave a rep point to, I sure hope it was as good as this one.

Old 10-24-2022, 03:11 PM

6,667 posts, read 2,975,051 times
Quote:
Fair enough, the problem is it is a larger conversation than we can fully have here. To quickly name a few that I think share some of the largest blame without going into great detail on each: weakening of morals and ethics, weakening of commitment to spouse and family, weakening of traditional family values, attacks on the traditional values of self worth (country, family name, God-given gender), rise of selfishness, increase in pridefullness, social media with it look at me and bullying complexes, and lastly, the access to internet content that is beyond what a young brain is able to process and form a proper response to.

That’s a start but certainly not fully inclusive, and each one of those deserves at least a page all on their own.
I knew exactly what you meant in the original posts and pretty much all these points popped into my head. We all know them, we all have heard it.

But you also know exactly what these conversations will be branded as and where they'll end up, sadly.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies