Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2022, 05:27 AM

20,046 posts, read 20,850,556 times

Advertisements

Epic, biblical level butthurt.
Aka business as usual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2022, 05:38 AM

17,619 posts, read 17,665,401 times
My realistic (not hyperbole nor joking) belief is the television news media as well as daytime and late night talk shows will be doom and gloom for a while and then go on the attack against republicans who were elected as well as attacking the voters by saying they were racist or some other slander. ANTIFA and BLM radical groups will begin mobilizing (possibly thanks to funds from George Soros groups) to repeat their actions in cities across the country again starting with friendly liberal cities and then working their way out towards more conservative cities until the push back from citizens and police become too much for them. Hopefully some good district attorneys can make a direct financial connection between these groups and a Soros organization and then bring charges against the organization as well as freezing their assets.

Some politicians in the Democratic Party will try to move more towards what they feel are the center on issues to try to recover support lost. Some will move further left to the point that even their fellow democrats in Congress don’t want to associate with them for fear of how their voters will view him or her.

Sadly neither party in Congress will do what’s right and that is to represent the will of the voters in their state to do what’s best for the nation as a whole instead of doing what their party leaders tells them to do for the good of the team/party.

Old 10-25-2022, 05:44 AM

4,582 posts, read 3,408,206 times
Hochul will arrange for the spotlights on the statue of liberty to be altered so it looks drenched in blood

Old 10-25-2022, 05:51 AM

7,917 posts, read 3,462,774 times
Protests, screaming, wailing, gnashing of teeth, limited rioting perhaps but not much really. More noise than anything else. There will be a Summer of Love Part Deux, but it will be in 2024. They bullied America in to electing them in the summer of 2020 and there's no reason they shouldn't try again in 2024. Why mess with success? Full scale rioting right after the midterms wouldn't gain them anything though.

Old 10-25-2022, 06:39 AM

20,046 posts, read 20,850,556 times
Maybe this time the celebs will actually leave the country?
Lol. Nah…

Old 10-25-2022, 07:30 AM

25,730 posts, read 12,808,029 times
-Pelosi and Shumer will need to be forcibly removed from their seats like that old CCP coot was by Xi earlier this week.

-Lib voters will be so distraught, they won't be able to watch the news, so ratings will plummet to new historical lows.

-Some Libs in DC will resign their posts because they'll be unable to function in a Republican controlled environment.

-The underlings in DC will resist, & undermine the incoming Congresspersons & Senators in every way possible.

-The Congresspersons who lost will steal the art and furnishings on their way out the door..like it was their own to take.

-The most corrupt losers in DC will start burning the evidence, & destoying the paper trails leading to their offshore bank accounts.

Old 10-25-2022, 07:30 AM

8,492 posts, read 4,738,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
I fear there will be riots, burnings, lootings, shootings and protesting. They never just sit and accept loss. They are louder and more boisterous than the right.

I hope everything can be calm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
If Democrats win House & Senate, how will the far right react? fear there will be, Riots, the storming of federal buildings, state legislative buildings, false and made-up accusations of voter fraud refusal to certify election results.

I Sure hope our democracy will remain intact.
These pretty much sum things up. Neither party is interested in acting in good faith anymore - or even trying to look like they are - and they’re dragging actual Americans with them. There’s also not much room to not be a hypocrite anymore when talking about blind partisanship and people doing dumb things in the name of politics.

I’m glad I don’t follow much of this anymore, and I’m glad that before that I decided I wanted no part of the major parties, both of which IMHO are morally bankrupt and unfit for leadership.

Old 10-25-2022, 07:39 AM

494 posts, read 180,012 times
My guess is....NOTHING. We'll go back to the usual day to day of both parties refusing to give an inch to each other and nothing gets done in the country.

Old 10-25-2022, 07:44 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
I fear there will be riots, burnings, lootings, shootings and protesting. They never just sit and accept loss. They are louder and more boisterous than the right.

I hope everything can be calm.
January 6th sure did give us a picture of what can happen when people aren't happy that their team didn't win.

I hope we don't see a similar reaction to losing.

Old 10-25-2022, 07:45 AM

4,660 posts, read 1,951,679 times
I think most people on the left realize they are likely to lose. But MSNBC/CNN and Dem leadership will spend the next two years pointing out all the election fraud, voter suppression , racist tactics of the right to build up emotion on the left for the next election and to promote civil unrest. The same civil unrest they promoted under Trump. As many people get mad at whoever is in power for failure to stop the unrest and ignore who pushed it and vote for the side not in power. And the far left learned it worked once so why not again?

And lets see how long to someone says BUT Jan 6th.......that all so terrible day of MAGA violence that was so bad we just have to go ahead and forget the hundred days or so of left wing violence and civil unrest that happened before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies