Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2022, 10:05 PM

16,078 posts, read 10,744,030 times

Advertisements

I have not seen people wearing these pins and I doubt many others have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2022, 10:13 PM

631 posts, read 288,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Just wondering why some feel the need to virtue signal by wearing the following:

- pronoun pins
- lgbt rainbow style clothing
- masks
- Ukraine flags
Thanks for a great Halloween costume idea! I’m going to top it off with a MAGA hat.

Old 10-25-2022, 10:15 PM

631 posts, read 288,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
I have not seen people wearing these pins and I doubt many others have.
I see the equivalent in work email signatures every single day, several times a day, unfortunately.

Old 10-25-2022, 10:16 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Why does anyone even care

Old 10-25-2022, 10:27 PM

18,727 posts, read 7,604,328 times
Quote:
Just wondering why some feel the need to virtue signal by wearing the following:

- pronoun pins
- masks
- Ukraine flags
To ward off attacks by Democrat rioters/thugs/criminals.

Have you forgotten what happened in 2020 across the country?

Old 10-25-2022, 10:58 PM

5,743 posts, read 3,598,707 times
Opposing view, if one is allowed: This is a democracy, where public policy may sometimes be driven by a perceived majority. Joiner signalling may actually recruit others to your point of view which may bring about change. Virtue signalling played a very large part in the end of the Vietnam was and Segregation and gratuitous Gay-bashing.

Old 10-26-2022, 01:54 AM

13,419 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:

- pronoun pins
- masks
- Ukraine flags

also, why is the Ukraine flag more worthy of display than the American flag

now i know people also wear maga hats, dont tread on me, and 2nd amendment clothing…and the reason i excluded those is because i see those as political opinions rather than specific virtues. like making a statement without outright making a statement.
Are you really wondering? Or just giving everyone the opportunity to have a good poke at other people’s expense? (Which I’ll take the opportunity to do at the end of this post).

And bs that wearing maga gear etc isn’t virtue signaling.

Of course it is. The virtue being signaled is “we’re all way more patriotic and the true Americans. Now get off my lawn”.

Last edited by FinsterRufus; 10-26-2022 at 02:12 AM..

Old 10-26-2022, 02:11 AM

13,419 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I have no issues with religion garb because people who wear them don't give a chit what I think.

I have issues with LGBTQ/pronoun idiocy supporters because they will basically attack me if I don't support, celebrate, engage, and congratulate them on how brave and awesome they are for wearing clothes that look like they were pulled out of the lost and found at a local daycare.
Well jeez, you attack them every chance you get, at least here.

People have been wearing clothes and dressing up in the spirit of things that they identify with for eons.

Always have.

Punks, jocks, metal heads, yuppies, preppies, wasps, mods etc etc etc.

What do you prefer people do? Walk around in the same white shirt and chinos as everyone else?

Were you never young? Never into music, or a political movement, or a fan of something?

Old 10-26-2022, 03:24 AM

7,354 posts, read 3,525,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Well jeez, you attack them every chance you get, at least here.

People have been wearing clothes and dressing up in the spirit of things that they identify with for eons.

Always have.

Punks, jocks, metal heads, yuppies, preppies, wasps, mods etc etc etc.

What do you prefer people do? Walk around in the same white shirt and chinos as everyone else?

Were you never young? Never into music, or a political movement, or a fan of something?
I too was young once. you would probably classify me as a punk/skater/metal head kid. i wasn’t into politics or thought of myself as overly political but was quite mischievous and got myself into some scary situations…but when i was 17, i was working at a grocery store as a cashier late at night and there was a book staring right back at me titled “the way things ought to be” by Rush Limbaugh. i had no idea who he was and i hated reading, but I read the book and that definitely gave me another perspective in life. i believe that is a big problem in our day and age - lack of perspective. i seek to understand what seems foreign to me.

Old 10-26-2022, 05:51 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,085,701 times
Quote:

- pronoun pins
- masks
- Ukraine flags

also, why is the Ukraine flag more worthy of display than the American flag

now i know people also wear maga hats, dont tread on me, and 2nd amendment clothing…and the reason i excluded those is because i see those as political opinions rather than specific virtues. like making a statement without outright making a statement.
Maybe they are trying to get promoted at work. It probably helps your promotion chances if you wear a pronoun pin at the EPA. Think of it as a “pledge pin” in the movie Animal House.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies