Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2022, 05:58 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Well jeez, you attack them every chance you get, at least here.

People have been wearing clothes and dressing up in the spirit of things that they identify with for eons.

Always have.

Punks, jocks, metal heads, yuppies, preppies, wasps, mods etc etc etc.

What do you prefer people do? Walk around in the same white shirt and chinos as everyone else?

Were you never young? Never into music, or a political movement, or a fan of something?
And young people do it for ATTENTION.

To create reactions. To make other people mad.

This is not new. LGBTQ just brought a deeper level of narcissism to it because if you do not acknowledge it, you're a homophobe.

Did we have to praise all the goth chicks for their bravery? Ask the guys with Mohawks how they did the hair since it was so 'brave' and 'cool'? Be an ally to the sports team? Of course not.

Again... trying to relate situations that don't apply to what is happening now in order to diminish that truth of why it's happening now.

Cannot compare someone wearing a baseball hat 40 years ago to pronoun pins/signatures today. Last I checked you wouldn't get fired if you didn't like the baseball team.

But refuse to acknowledge the promoun? Hooo boy. Get your lawyer ready.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2022, 11:55 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,947,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
That is true, I don't care if someone decides to wear a mask. I don't know their personal health concerns or that of their loved ones at home. Who knows maybe a mask wearer couldn't get the shot due to other issues so they have decided to protect themselves while out in public instead of rolling the dice.

When it comes to the topic the OP put up about "Wearing your Virtues" I do believe that there were/are many that donned the masks because it was the thing to do and they did so in such a way that was both smug and loaded with an attitude that they are smarter than everyone else.

I don't know if this is a typical air that many Democrats present but in my experience it sure feels that way.

If you need a mask than that is up to you and no one should have an issue with it but there are many that don them like a badge of honor to virtue signal.
I wonder how many mask wearers you asked, while out and about, if they were wearing the mask for medical reasons or to virtue signal. Otherwise, how would you know?

BTW there are more sick people and caregivers to sick people walking around than you might imagine. Many people live with one or more significant health issues .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies