Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2022, 01:29 PM

13,072 posts, read 7,508,849 times

Advertisements

I crossed the border into Canada at Vancouver. One of questions asked, carrying CBD?
I said, yes, it was for my sciatica and I had planned on doing a lot of walking. I got taken aside and the five pills confiscated. They said they would send me a receipt. I said, don't bother, their value was maybe US$5.00 (CA$7.50). They said that the occurance will not go on my record.
They photo copied my NEXUS card. The amount of paper work for this confiscation must be horrendous. I think they just chucked the stuff and forgot the incidence.
YPMV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2022, 01:32 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
They want something from us and they are playing hardball. I think this is very detrimental mentally n emotionally to this person, and wondering if will continue to play after gets released.
9 yrs for the weight of 4 paperclips worth drugs is payback, nothing to do with a real sentence over crime. Russia just showing it’s true colors.
She broke the law in Russia no matter the amount. She was stupid and is paying the consequences for her crime. Compare to Fogel she got off easy. Can’t do the time don’t do the crime.

Old 10-26-2022, 01:37 PM

13,072 posts, read 7,508,849 times
I wonder it the same law applies domestically?
YLMV

Old 10-26-2022, 01:40 PM

35,692 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
A penal colony...that's harsh.

She hates the U.S.A. anyway. Think of it as 9 years vacation away from such a horrible country, Brit.
So dig a hole worth her in it, and put red ants it right ?? My lord, the lack of empathy and fairness - ugh

Old 10-26-2022, 01:45 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
So dig a hole worth her in it, and put red ants it right ?? My lord, the lack of empathy and fairness - ugh
What isn’t fair about the position she put her self in by taking a banned substance into Russia?

Old 10-26-2022, 02:07 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,126,254 times
Best wakeup call she could have gotten, away from all of the twisted influencers that got her "turned out" in the first place. I'll bet if she does serve out her entire 9 year prison sentence in Russia, when she gets back she'll no longer need to be on any type of controlled substances and maybe even prefer caulk, in which she would have been that way from the start hadn't she been subjected to years of indoctrination by the wacko's teaching kids their perverted lifestyle and agenda in the public school system.

Old 10-26-2022, 11:32 PM

24,623 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Those who look for empathy and fairness... Don't travel to Russia. For the 8th time... As a millionaire... With drugs in their possession.

Old 10-27-2022, 09:25 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
I don't have sympathy for traitors. She has bashed this country, repeatedly. She can rot in another country - she voluntarily went there, she must like it. Now she gets to be there for 9 years. Good for her.

Old 11-04-2022, 05:04 AM

304 posts, read 238,301 times
I would love to hear/see how much effort the US is actually putting into getting her freed. Not the public statements.....but what's actually being done.

I suspect a strongly worded email has been sent. Maybe in all caps for emphasis.

Old 11-04-2022, 05:12 AM

30,366 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
A penal colony...that's harsh.

She hates the U.S.A. anyway. Think of it as 9 years vacation away from such a horrible country, Brit.
Anther bonus is that she won't have to hear the oppressive Star-Spangled Banner or put up with living as a famous millionaire because of white Supremacy.

On a serious note, I think she is a kind of political prisoner giving the strain in US and Russia relations. Even though she is guilty, I think her punishment would be far less severe if there wasn't a strain in US/Russia relations or if Trump was President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies