Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2022, 12:26 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,636,021 times

Advertisements

a 'stunning shift' indeed
Quote:
Top House progressives backed off their position questioning President Biden’s Ukraine policy on Tuesday afternoon, withdrawing a letter released Monday that perplexed and angered many Democrats.

“The Congressional Progressive Caucus hereby withdraws its recent letter to the White House regarding Ukraine,” Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-Wash.), the caucus chairwoman, wrote in a statement, representing a stunning shift in their call for a diplomatic push to end the Russia-Ukraine war.
Progressive Caucus withdraws letter on Ukraine strategy amid blowback

Progressives ‘didn’t consider election timing’ with letter on Biden’s Ukraine strategy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2022, 12:31 PM

7,444 posts, read 3,576,623 times
party before country. it’s the motto and worldview of the militant wing of the Democrat party (which isn’t all democrats, just the ones holding and running for office)

Old 10-25-2022, 02:01 PM

5,960 posts, read 2,780,154 times
They got a good ol' fashioned tongue lashing!

"Fall in line, or else!"

Dems: We will fund war and provoke a nuclear armed nation to escalate! More War.

Old 10-25-2022, 02:07 PM

22,674 posts, read 24,650,273 times
I agree with anyone who wants to inject some sanity into the mess
that the US has stuck its nose in.

But I guess the Warhawks don't want to hear all that mess.

Last edited by tickyul; 10-25-2022 at 02:41 PM..

Old 10-25-2022, 02:08 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,636,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
They got a good ol' fashioned tongue lashing!

"Fall in line, or else!"

Dems: We will fund war and provoke a nuclear armed nation to escalate! More War.
whether you agree with them or not, i think the possibility of at least discussing some sort of negotiated settlement deserves more consideration than just an embarrassed 'we didn't really mean it.'

Old 10-25-2022, 02:31 PM

15,113 posts, read 8,661,118 times
Democrat War mongers. Yes, this is their written confession, blasted all over the news. And the imbeciles on the left will support these psychopaths no matter what.

They all seem to have an extreme allergic reaction to anything that makes sense, or is somehow associated with anything good or beneficial to the country or the world.

The Party of Satan, hell bent on destroying humanity in every way possible. Destroy the borders … destroy the economic … destroy health … destroy children … destroy families …. destroy political opponents …

They promote war, promote abortion, promote moral degradation, stand up for criminals and defund police … everything they do is destructive.

Old 10-25-2022, 02:35 PM

17,476 posts, read 14,710,390 times
I saw that letter this morning before they said "nah, just joking" ... and though I most likely don't agree with 99.99999999% of their policies, I did with the letter.

They also should've sent it months ago when it was apparently drafted.

Old 10-25-2022, 02:35 PM

1,576 posts, read 916,901 times
Biden -- "Cease and desist or next time you run a candidate for president we are going to flush him down the rat-hole like we did to your boy Bernie, and don't cry to me about stealing elections or you and your family will wind up in the insurrection wing at Gitmo."

Old 10-25-2022, 02:43 PM

10,150 posts, read 7,809,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Democrat War mongers. Yes, this is their written confession, blasted all over the news. And the imbeciles on the left will support these psychopaths no matter what.

They all seem to have an extreme allergic reaction to anything that makes sense, or is somehow associated with anything good or beneficial to the country or the world.

The Party of Satan, hell bent on destroying humanity in every way possible. Destroy the borders … destroy the economic … destroy health … destroy children … destroy families …. destroy political opponents …

They promote war, promote abortion, promote moral degradation, stand up for criminals and defund police … everything they do is destructive.
I don't understand anyone supporting all this but they do. People are getting ready to vote for fetterwoman and he wants murderers out of prison and to roam their streets. It makes no sense. Are they brainwashed? In a cult? They are the party of doom and gloom and death.

I think they would welcome and wish for a nuclear war just to support their party even if they died. Kkk raaa zee!

Old 10-25-2022, 02:47 PM

43,262 posts, read 18,396,803 times
I think the Progressives woke up and the Dems put them all back in their place.

I agree with them....get peace talks going.

Then again...shouldn't it be Zelensky calling the shots here and not Biden ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies