Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2022, 03:30 PM

6,384 posts, read 2,707,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
The article is self-explanatory, and I don’t think my comments are confusing. And yes, any money funneled into any group’s agenda behind tax payer’s backs is not something I support.
Your issue is that the money being "funneled" is meant for poor families. The money you say should be going to Planned Parenthood instead. But their primary purpose is to make sure a woman doesn't have a family.

Yet you say your comments are not confusing...

The fact is that these "Pregnancy Crisis Centers" also help poor families. You may not agree with them, but many don't agree with funding Planned Parenthood.

So I'll ask that question again. What do you tell people who do not want taxpayer funding going to Planned Parenthood?

Old 10-25-2022, 03:37 PM

2,565 posts, read 1,642,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
And that's before we even have a discussion about effective use of money.

Want to hand out diapers, clothes and other baby supplies to poor women........yeah I'm all for that.

But, give it to existing food banks. No need to spend taxpayer funds building or leasing space to scam women while you're giving other women free stuff.
I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
The American Association of Pro-Life Obstetricians and Gynecologists disagrees with you on that one-

https://aaplog.org/what-is-aaplogs-p...pic-pregnancy/
“abortion is not care” is one of the arguments trotted out by forced birthers, over and over again. They don’t care that actual health care professionals disagree. After all, they fully support politicians making women’s reproductive decisions for them.

Old 10-25-2022, 03:47 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Actually, these centers actively try to dissuade women who want to have abortions from obtaining abortions, via lies and other shenanigans. Their agenda is to prevent abortions, period, and of course rabid forced birthers on this forum support that agenda.
Again, showing that you do not know what a pregnancy crisis center is.

Any more disinformation you want to add to the thread?

Old 10-25-2022, 03:49 PM

Quote:
I agree!

“abortion is not care” is one of the arguments trotted out by forced birthers, over and over again. They don’t care that actual health care professionals disagree. After all, they fully support politicians making women’s reproductive decisions for them.
It's not an argument. It's a fact. No disputing that.

Women can make any reproductive decision for their own body that they want. Killing someone else just because they feel like it is not a health care decision.

Old 10-25-2022, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
Your issue is that the money being "funneled" is meant for poor families. The money you say should be going to Planned Parenthood instead. But their primary purpose is to make sure a woman doesn't have a family.

Yet you say your comments are not confusing...
Again, my issue is that tax payer money is being funneled to support and push anti abortion efforts, meaning to “centers” which use every trick available to convince women to carry out unwanted pregnancies, all while pretending they just want to support women/families to do what is best for them. Planned Parenthood does not pretend to be something they are not to push their agenda.

Quote:
The fact is that these "Pregnancy Crisis Centers" also help poor families. You may not agree with them, but many don't agree with funding Planned Parenthood.

So I'll ask that question again. What do you tell people who do not want taxpayer funding going to Planned Parenthood?
If planned parenthood pushed an agenda inconsistent with their stated agenda I would not support them. However, unlike “anti abortion family centers”, PP are transparent.

Old 10-25-2022, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Again, showing that you do not know what a pregnancy crisis center is.

Any more disinformation you want to add to the thread?
Oh please.

Even the AMA Journal of Ethics has their number:

Crisis pregnancy centers are organizations that seek to intercept women with unintended pregnancies who might be considering abortion. Their mission is to prevent abortions by persuading women that adoption or parenting is a better option. They strive to give the impression that they are clinical centers, offering legitimate medical services and advice, yet they are exempt from regulatory, licensure, and credentialing oversight that apply to health care facilities. Because the religious ideology of these centers’ owners and employees takes priority over the health and well-being of the women seeking care at these centers, women do not receive comprehensive, accurate, evidence-based clinical information about all available options. Although crisis pregnancy centers enjoy First Amendment rights protections, their propagation of misinformation should be regarded as an ethical violation that undermines women’s health.

https://journalofethics.ama-assn.org...thical/2018-03

Old 10-25-2022, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Oh please.

Even the AMA Journal of Ethics has their number:

Crisis pregnancy centers are organizations that seek to intercept women with unintended pregnancies who might be considering abortion. Their mission is to prevent abortions by persuading women that adoption or parenting is a better option. They strive to give the impression that they are clinical centers, offering legitimate medical services and advice, yet they are exempt from regulatory, licensure, and credentialing oversight that apply to health care facilities. Because the religious ideology of these centers’ owners and employees takes priority over the health and well-being of the women seeking care at these centers, women do not receive comprehensive, accurate, evidence-based clinical information about all available options. Although crisis pregnancy centers enjoy First Amendment rights protections, their propagation of misinformation should be regarded as an ethical violation that undermines women’s health.

https://journalofethics.ama-assn.org...thical/2018-03
And yet you trust PP to offer abortions ... when it is a money maker for them.

They profit directly off of every abortion. Directors get bonuses when they go above their quotas -- and yes, they have a sales quota for abortions. Like they are selling washing machines or used cars.

Yet you think that qualifies as "care." Suuuureeeee.

You, again, literally have no idea what pregnancy crisis centers do.

Old 10-25-2022, 04:18 PM

6,384 posts, read 2,707,824 times
Quote:
Again, my issue is that tax payer money is being funneled to support and push anti abortion efforts, meaning to “centers” which use every trick available to convince women to carry out unwanted pregnancies, all while pretending they just want to support women/families to do what is best for them. Planned Parenthood does not pretend to be something they are not to push their agenda.

If planned parenthood pushed an agenda inconsistent with their stated agenda I would not support them. However, unlike “anti abortion family centers”, PP are transparent.
I knew I wouldn't get a straight answer.

The fact that you don't look beyond the propaganda of what Pregnancy Crisis Centers do, makes it no wonder you don't support them.

I didn't ask if YOU supported PP, that answer is obvious. I asked what you say to people that do not support taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood.

Old 10-25-2022, 04:23 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times
Quote:
I knew I wouldn't get a straight answer.

The fact that you don't look beyond the propaganda of what Pregnancy Crisis Centers do, makes it no wonder you don't support them.

I didn't ask if YOU supported PP, that answer is obvious. I asked what you say to people that do not support taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood.
The only say any of us get in how tax money is spent is through voting for our preferred congress critter.

This isn't about funding that has or has not been allocated. This is about using funding for other than the purposes determined by elected officials.

It is a subversion of the will of the people(granted not all the people, but those whose votes prevailed). Thems the rules.

Old 10-25-2022, 04:26 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
Actually, these centers actively try to dissuade women who want to have abortions from obtaining abortions, via lies and other shenanigans. Their agenda is to prevent abortions, period, and of course rabid forced birthers on this forum support that agenda.
Yes, I do get that. My point was that no one, obviously, is against helping anyone who’s pregnant and in need. I find it repugnant that there are people who would take advantage of such a dilemma to push desperate women into following their agenda.

However, I think we have to accept that there are two sides to this debate and unfortunately there are not many services available to women that give unbiased, non politicised advice or support of all options available to them.

Anti abortion centres, masquerading as pregnancy support, are going to operate regardless - and it’s important, as you are doing, to highlight the imbalance here and be honest about inequity of funding.

I think planned parenthood had a good go at providing all options, including prevention, and of course they’ve been demonised beyond repair at this point.

Would be great to find a balance, to have places that truly help for the sake of helping, that offers all solutions and support, but the climate is so polarised that I can’t see it happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies