Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2022, 06:48 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Democrats try and take the .1% of abortions and use it to legitimize all other abortions.
Yep.

Pro abortion posters are the most dishonest posters I've ever seen. Always moving the goalposts and always ignoring basics facts and basic biology.

Why? So they can support their mindset that babies should be killed.

It's a mental illness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2022, 06:49 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Why should a woman be forced to relive her rape every day for 9 months? Some women can deal with that, others can't, and should not be forced to.
Why should any woman be forced to carry a fetus to term and deal with her dilemma every day.

I just want to understand the reasoning behind people's obsession with others medical care and lives. Is anti-abortion about saving the lives of the unborn, believing that fetus is equivalent to an actual viable, born sentient baby or is it about emotion, judgement and control of others' lives?

Old 10-27-2022, 07:33 AM

24,490 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
<b>
I would think that most women would start to wonder why they didn't have their period and after a few weeks
</b>
How many times do men need to be told that all women do not run on a regular 28 day cycle? And a missed period is not unusual.

<b>
I think most of America agrees that Abortion should be legal in the first Trimester
</b>

If most of America agrees, why are we hearing from so many Republican legislators and candidates that they want to ban abortion altogether?

I'm only going on my own personal experience with women. Are you saying that if a woman misses her period and she is sexually active she isn't thinking that she might be pregnant? What if she misses 2 and is starting to feel oddly inside? I think most women are in tune with their bodies and know if something is not feeling right. I suppose there could be some that after 3 months of being pregnant are still denying that they are?

Yes I think most Americans agree that Abortion should be legal in the first trimester. I'm sure there are plenty of people that voted for Biden that do not agree with many of his destructive policies that we are now living through.

Most of the Democrat elected are catering to the Far Left that is not what the Average American is.

That goes for the Republicans too that stand on their stack of Bibles and talk down to us about morals BUT would anyone be surprised that if a REP or a Dem got their intern pregnant that they wouldn't arrange an Abortion for her so as not to derail their DC careers?

The Far Left wants Abortion on Demand up to the point of and sometime after Birth.

The Far Right takes the opposite stance and seeks to Ban all Abortions.

Both parties need to work in the Middle because that is where most of America stands.

Old 10-27-2022, 07:36 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Yep.

Pro abortion posters are the most dishonest posters I've ever seen. Always moving the goalposts and always ignoring basics facts and basic biology.

Why? So they can support their mindset that babies should be killed.

It's a mental illness.
I don't personally know one single Democrat, and I know a ton of them, who supports babies being killed.

Old 10-27-2022, 08:34 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I'm only going on my own personal experience with women. Are you saying that if a woman misses her period and she is sexually active she isn't thinking that she might be pregnant? What if she misses 2 and is starting to feel oddly inside? I think most women are in tune with their bodies and know if something is not feeling right. I suppose there could be some that after 3 months of being pregnant are still denying that they are?

If a woman is using BC and has a history of irregular periods she very well might not assume she is pregnant if she misses a period or two.

Feeling oddly inside? Do tell, what "odd" feeling have you had when you missed a period or two.

Old 10-27-2022, 08:37 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,241,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Let the pregnant person decide - in either, or any other event. Very simple.

And before people jump down my throat for using the word "person" - no, it's not some veiled reference to transgenderism, I can't say 'pregnant woman' because oftentimes that pregnant person is just a child, not a woman.
This...it's not mine nor anyone else's choice...

Old 10-27-2022, 08:45 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,241,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
I do not believe that pro abortionists like myself are making a moral distinction rather we believe in allowing the individual to make the decision all the way up until birth.

And let’s not tiptoe around this issue because if you are a pro abortion, you are for choice up until the end of the term whether at one month or nine months. no exceptions or restrictions.
There is room for the middle ground...as someone that considers himself very much pro choice...I am against late term abortions unless the life of the mother is at stake or the fetus has a major birth defect that will affect it's quality of life...the reason for me at least is that a fetus that is born prematurely at 7 or 8 months can and will survive and eventually can live a normal life w/ our current neonatal care...that still gives you 6 months to decide to terminate the pregnancy if you want because the fetus cannot survive at that point outside the womb.

Old 10-27-2022, 09:44 AM

24,490 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
If a woman is using BC and has a history of irregular periods she very well might not assume she is pregnant if she misses a period or two.

Feeling oddly inside? Do tell, what "odd" feeling have you had when you missed a period or two.

Well allow me to put on my Liberal Logic Beanie and since they tell us that men can have periods and get pregnant than I would say, cramps, morning sickness, a slight fever, fatigue, feeling queasy, craving odd foods while not enjoying others. I once thought I was pregnant but it turned out to be a UTI.

I think most women who are in tune with their bodies know when something is not right.

I think most Americans are fine with women and some men getting abortions up to a point but when that growing fetus starts looking more and more human our empathy for that little innocent life takes over.

This is an age old debate that will never be settled, the question being when is Life Life?

To some a lump of dividing cells in a womb is not until it is viable.

On the other hand if the Mars rover stumbles on a single cell on that red planet it will be wildly announced that Alien Life has been found !

I do think that Politicians should stay out of the Abortion issue and is should be between the woman her partner and the doctor.

Old 10-27-2022, 10:01 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Well allow me to put on my Liberal Logic Beanie and since they tell us that men can have periods and get pregnant than I would say, cramps, morning sickness, a slight fever, fatigue, feeling queasy, craving odd foods while not enjoying others. I once thought I was pregnant but it turned out to be a UTI.

I think most women who are in tune with their bodies know when something is not right.

I think most Americans are fine with women and some men getting abortions up to a point but when that growing fetus starts looking more and more human our empathy for that little innocent life takes over.

This is an age old debate that will never be settled, the question being when is Life Life?

On the other hand if the Mars rover stumbles on a single cell on that red planet it will be wildly announced that Alien Life has been found !

I do think that Politicians should stay out of the Abortion issue and is should be between the woman her partner and the doctor.
The doctor has no part in the decision.

Elective abortions are elective. Women sign up and the doctors do them. There is no real discussion.

Kinda like a boob job. Doctors just say OK, I can do it, get you on the schedule. there is no 'discussion' of whether or not to do it. They just do it. They don't tell patients, except in extremely rare situations, "For you I recommend abortion."

In the aspect it is not healthcare. It's elective. It's chosen by the 'patient' not the doctor. Which is why the 'discussion with your doctor' propaganda is just that. Marketing. Propaganda.

Old 10-27-2022, 10:29 AM

20,390 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I don't personally know one single Democrat, and I know a ton of them, who supports babies being killed.
Same. Specifically in regard to the "up to the point of birth and sometimes after" arguments...I don't know a single Democrat, who argues that a full term, viable baby, should be birthed then killed, or even that late term abortions are OK when it isn't a case of a serious medical emergency, like threat to life of the mother or a baby that will not be able to survive outside of the womb. Not just "defects" but totally not compatible with life situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post

There are stories of women who don't know that they are pregnant all the way up to birth, but those are way out there anomalies. Personally, the most significant "tell" for me that I detected pretty much IMMEDIATELY (like the day after conception!) when I was pregnant...my breasts felt tender, sore and generally weird. I knew right away. However, that was also a funny thing, it's common to have a false pregnancy scare in early peri-menopause and I did have that. All symptoms including a late period...but it was not pregnancy. It was just my hormones going goofy due to the early stages of "the change." Pregnancy tests were negative, including one I went in to my doctor for just in case.

But those arguments about "women need to get it done right away!"...OK, well not all of us have Plan B sitting around in case we get raped. And it may not be accessible to, say, a young woman who has no money or no transportation to get to a pharmacy... And after that, she will have to wait until 5 1/2 weeks to get the next opportunity for an abortion, even assuming that it is accessible for her at all. Even in some states where abortion isn't banned, clinics where it can be done have been closed until there might be one left in the entire state. I would very much prefer a compromise where the 2-pills solution is available widely to anyone who needs it. Like at least one clinic in every town and county. But then if the surgical method (after 12 weeks) is only done in hospitals, for medical emergencies, not family planning...alright.

Quote:

That's why legislating by procedure makes it so much simpler. We could stop arguing about when life is life, give space for consideration of the needs of the woman, whose right to her own life should be indisputable, yet draw a line to protect more developed fetuses from being terminated for any cause besides a medical emergency. Up to 12 weeks, family planning, whatever reasons, just go to a convenient clinic and get the pills. This, by the way, can be done with a number of herbal products but that's a lot less safe. Yet women in states where it's banned are going to be finding those solutions and using them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
The doctor has no part in the decision.

Elective abortions are elective. Women sign up and the doctors do them. There is no real discussion.

Kinda like a boob job. Doctors just say OK, I can do it, get you on the schedule. there is no 'discussion' of whether or not to do it. They just do it. They don't tell patients, except in extremely rare situations, "For you I recommend abortion."

In the aspect it is not healthcare. It's elective. It's chosen by the 'patient' not the doctor. Which is why the 'discussion with your doctor' propaganda is just that. Marketing. Propaganda.
Thanks for this post! Yes, you are correct. Which is why all of the arguments that Planned Parenthood was just pushing women to abort babies for their own nefarious ends, was always baloney. I got my first pregnancy confirmed at a Planned Parenthood. In the brief counseling session after I got the result, they started the conversation simply with, "What do you want to do? Do you have a plan?" They were prepared to offer me literature and options, but I needed to ask for them. And when I said I wanted to keep the baby, even though I was very young and in deep poverty and was identified as "at risk" immediately, NO ONE said, "Are you sure? Abortion might be a better idea..." No one challenged it at all. They just pointed me in the direction of resources for low income young mothers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies