Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2022, 09:26 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I thought this thread was going to be about Elizabeth Warren
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
I thought this thread was going to be about Elizabeth Warren!

who could blame you?

Old 10-26-2022, 10:58 AM

17,874 posts, read 15,939,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
5 decades, actually. i wonder if she ever met noted fake indian elizabeth warren..

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...n-identity-lie
If they are mestizos from Mexico, then technically they are as native american as the Navajo. With some admixture of course. I guess it depends on how dark your skin is.

Old 10-26-2022, 11:00 AM

17,874 posts, read 15,939,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
well if it is any consolation, 'mexicans' - in fact anyone native to S.A. is descended from native americans. Tribes, do not recognize the southern OR northern border.
Mexico is in North America (NA)

Old 10-27-2022, 12:59 PM

37,461 posts, read 61,379,739 times
Quote:
well if it is any consolation, 'mexicans' - in fact anyone native to S.A. is descended from native americans. Tribes, do not recognize the southern OR northern border.
It is my understanding that within the population of Mexicans, around 17% are of Spanish descent,
and 21.5% are Indigenous [coming from one of 68 different Indigenous linguistic groups].

Quote:
... A large majority of Mexicans have varying degrees of Spanish and Native Meso-American ancestry and have been classified as "Mestizos"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexicans#Ethnic_groups

Old 10-27-2022, 01:20 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
What a loathsome woman.

"The sisters say it was difficult seeing her "being venerated as a saint" after her death, as they say their father, who Littlefeather claims was an abusive alcoholic, neither drank nor hurt them."

"My father was deaf, and he had lost his hearing at 9 years old through meningitis," Cruz said. "He was born into poverty. His father, George Cruz, was an alcoholic who was violent and used to beat him. And he was passed to foster homes and family. But my sister, Sacheen, took what happened to him."

Old 10-27-2022, 01:38 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,125,327 times
I read a story recently with her in it. She was the one who came to an award ceremony for the rich and shameless.....famous exclusively to turn down an award. Figures, so many actors & actresses in Hollywood throughout the 40's 50's and 60's who played "Indians" were actually not Indian at all. She evidently was part of that crowd in more ways then just one.

Does Elizabeth Warren have any friends / family ties to Hollywood? If so, that could also explain the root cause of her issue.

Old 10-27-2022, 01:43 PM

10,845 posts, read 4,525,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Mexico is in North America (NA)

yes? and?

its only in THIS country that we assume full assimilation and removal of the native population. not so in the norte, not so in the sur

Up north, the indians were (forcibly?) bred with the french, down south - spaniards. They only 'did them', not move em out en masse*** or massacre them at the local wounded knee.

if you were to land from on earth, from mars, TODAY, and consider any person 'indigenous' to the location you find them, then north of the US and south of the US the general person would have infinitely more in common ancestrally to someone found in that location 500 years ago, should you decide to use the 'worp' drive to go back in time. (subject of course to the person being found in the US portion today, being an immigrant)

*** = not entirely true perhaps, a couple gals from PR once informed me that the invaders to PR killed the unattractive ladies and bred the cute ones, and that is why PR girls are generally attractive. dunno if its fact, but judging from these two? oh hell ya.

Old 10-27-2022, 01:52 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,125,327 times
Quote:
yes? and?

its only in THIS country that we assume full assimilation and removal of the native population. not so in the norte, not so in the sur

Up north, the indians were (forcibly?) bred with the french, down south - spaniards. They only 'did them', not move em out en masse*** or massacre them at the local wounded knee.

if you were to land from on earth, from mars, TODAY, and consider any person 'indigenous' to the location you find them, then north of the US and south of the US the general person would have infinitely more in common ancestrally to someone found in that location 500 years ago, should you decide to use the 'worp' drive to go back in time. (subject of course to the person being found in the US portion today, being an immigrant)

*** = not entirely true perhaps, a couple gals from PR once informed me that the invaders to PR killed the unattractive ladies and bred the cute ones, and that is why PR girls are generally attractive. dunno if its fact, but judging from these two? oh hell ya.
So what happened in Australia and the Philippines with their native population? Just to name a few.

Old 10-27-2022, 01:56 PM

88,562 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
crazy story..

I wonder why the sisters waited until Littlefeather had died before bringing this to light?

Not sure how much she gained by claiming Native American ancestry. I know she was in a few movies in the 70s but aside from that one moment at the Academy Awards, i don't recall anything else about her.

I don't get the need from some folks to claim oppression.

Just an odd story.
Yeah, I don't get the "Famous" label. I bet a week after the Oscars nobody could remember her name.

Old 10-27-2022, 02:25 PM

10,845 posts, read 4,525,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
So what happened in Australia and the Philippines with their native population? Just to name a few.

you are right, but since the topic was 'native american' I confined my responses to the americas, and on second thot,,,canada is infested with others than the first nations...so it really only holds south of the US open border
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies