Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 07:34 AM

42 posts, read 121,726 times

Advertisements

America is losing it's sovereignty at lightning speed. NAFTA, CAFTA, GATT, WTO and the proposed NAU. If you're not a little disturbed at this, you're either on some serious mind altering drugs or mentally retarded. Our Founding Fathers fought and died for the greatest nation on earth, only to have it handed over to apathetic sheep who would prefer "peace" over liberty and freedom. Shame on you!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 07:47 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crowley View Post
America is losing it's sovereignty at lightning speed. NAFTA, CAFTA, GATT, WTO and the proposed NAU. If you're not a little disturbed at this, you're either on some serious mind altering drugs or mentally retarded. Our Founding Fathers fought and died for the greatest nation on earth, only to have it handed over to apathetic sheep who would prefer "peace" over liberty and freedom. Shame on you!!!!!!
Hmmmmmm.....

I've yet to see anything that shows that our liberty and freedom are threatened by any of those agreements.

One can certainly argue that they are not good moves for the US economically (lots of legit debate on this issue) - but threatening our freedoms?

I see NO evidence of THAT.

Ken

Old 05-28-2008, 07:54 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,114,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Here is your own personal copy of the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) Report that causes massive overreaction:

http://www.cfr.org/content/publicati...a_TF_final.pdf

Among the terrifying recommendations:

- Develop a North American energy strategy

- Fully develop Mexican energy resources

- Conclude a comprehensive North American resource accord

- Over the next five years, commit to a North American cleaner environment and collaborate on conservation and innovation

I really don't see how folks can sleep at night knowing these scary ideas are being discussed.
The scary idea is the trashing of national sovereignty. Central power of the government has already moved too far away from the common man, out of local and state control into federal hands...what sort of redress and petition will we have with a multinational union? NONE! Our country is what matters, to that end we can help our neighbors but we shouldn't alter the course of our nation or stifle our independence so the entire continent prospers!

Here are the recommendations from the CFR:
Quote:
A common tarriff, common economic space, trade and capital flowing freely, open borders, common security perimeter, border pass with biometric identifiers, the establishment of a trinational threat intelligence center, trinational ballistics and explosives registration, joint training for law enforcement officials, joint peacekeeping operations, Expand NORAD into a multiservice Defense Command, the US and Canada should: Establish a North American investment fund for infrastructure and human capital, for improving primary and secondary education in Mexico, and improving physical infrastructure in Mexico...Enhance the capacity of the North American Development Bank (NADBank), Adopt a North American Approach to Regulation (Ensure rapid implementation of theNorth American regulatory action plan), country-specific regulations should only be adopted when no international or North American approach already exists, Open skies and open roads, ‘‘Tested once’’ for biotechnology and pharmaceuticals, Implement the Social Security Totalization Agreement negotiated between the United States and Mexico, Mutual recognition of professional standards and degrees, A North American Advisory Council (the three governments should appoint an independent body of advisers, along the lines of the Bilderberg or Wehrkunde conferences, organized to support transatlantic relations), A North American Inter-Parliamentary Group.
So, if this doesn't sound like a move to a north american union...what is it? The states gave their powers over to the federal government, and now the federal government would be turning power over to a continental power...

Old 05-28-2008, 08:03 AM

How do you know what "sort of redress and petition will we have with a multinational union"?

It hasn't even been defined yet.

Sovereignty has NOTHING to do with freedom - they are two SEPERATE things.

North Korea is Sovereign - but they are certainly NOT free.

Ken

Old 05-28-2008, 08:03 AM

889 posts, read 2,406,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
The question is, when our country turns over sovereignty to the SPP (or NAU, call it what you like) what will the citizens here do about it?
MamaBee, not a damned thing.....apparently people WANT THIS and I'm sickened to death reading the opinions of people on this message board.
I've been hanging with the Ron Paul supporters for over a year --like minded people who believe in freedom and liberty at all cost....I come in here...and apparently a majority of the people are ready to give it all up to be taken care of from cradle to grave.

Our forefathers are truly turning in their graves right now.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:06 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,385,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crowley View Post
Well, our founding fathers didn't fight and die for us to become the greatest nation on earth. They didn't even fight for us to become a nation. They fought for colonial independence. The strong federal gov't came later, and the expansive foreign policy came MUCH later. We started as a confederation, and we moved beyond that. Further evolution is likely.

Someone said that if an NAU comes to pass, they'll head to Europe... Well.... Ever hear of the EU? Why leave one union and move to another?

These other nations are creating unions to compete with us. They want our kind of economic power, or as close to it as they can get. Can we blame them?

Old 05-28-2008, 08:13 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,114,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
How do you know what "sort of redress and petition will we have with a multinational union"?

It hasn't even been defined yet.

Sovereignty has NOTHING to do with freedom - they are two SEPERATE things.

North Korea is Sovereign - but they are certainly NOT free.

Ken
I see what sort of redress and petitions citizens have with the federal government right now...that tells me all I need to know. I've seen other nations change their constitutions to align with UN rules...and I have a feeling that I'll see a "North American Inter-Parlimentary Group" making trade decisions and laws for all of us.

Not all sovereign nations are free, but you cannot be a free nation without sovereignty...

Old 05-28-2008, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Hmmmmmm.....

I've yet to see anything that shows that our liberty and freedom are threatened by any of those agreements.

One can certainly argue that they are not good moves for the US economically (lots of legit debate on this issue) - but threatening our freedoms?

I see NO evidence of THAT.

Ken
OK, let me re-phrase......The foundation for the New World Order (which will take our freedoms & liberty) is being built at lightning speed. All of these trade treaties and proposed NAU are being put into place to bring our standard of living down to that of Mexico's. No country has a greater gap between the rich and the poor than Mexico. If you can't see that taking place right here in Amerika, you're blind. It's all about incrementalism. One day you're gonna wake up in government housing, with an implanted RFID
chip, a few Ameros in yer pocket and say "how did this happen"?

Old 05-28-2008, 02:06 PM

The problem with your theory is that Mexico is improving rapidly. The population growth is dropping like mad, the number of middle class is increasing dramatically, and the general standard of living is shooting upwards.

At the rate things are going by the time the NAU comes about Mexico will already be much improved.

Ken

Old 05-28-2008, 02:29 PM

Quote:
The problem with your theory is that Mexico is improving rapidly. The population growth is dropping like mad, the number of middle class is increasing dramatically, and the general standard of living is shooting upwards.

At the rate things are going by the time the NAU comes about Mexico will already be much improved.

Ken
Sorry Ken, but I don't give a %&*# about Mexico! Yeah, their standard of living will come up a little and ours will, ehem....is dropping quick. Oh, I forgot.....it doesn't matter as long as we have "free health care". I HATE COMMUNISM!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies