Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2022, 01:13 PM

6,030 posts, read 2,849,862 times

Advertisements

https://www.foxnews.com/media/pentag...-time-send-pic

There is a sickness amongst some in our society. One that seeks to sexualize children, and I find it quite sickening. Leave children alone!

From the article:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox News
Books in DoDEA high schools were found to contain sex imagery, detailed instructions on m*sturb*tion, recording sex, sending nude pictures, how to have an*l sex and other topics.

Books found in DoDEA middle schools were found to contain stories of a 6-year-old engaging in oral sex, children becoming drag queens, discussions on m*sturb*tion as well as references to an*l sex. Books such as "Trans Teen Survival Guide" offered information about changing one's gender using hormones and surgery.

Books in DoDEA elementary schools were found to contain narrative stories which included gender ideology and kids opposing their parents' activism against titles they deemed inappropriate.
The details of each individual book can be found in the article. I am not sure I can post the details, without having this thread deleted...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2022, 01:24 PM

9,421 posts, read 11,170,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/media/pentag...-time-send-pic

There is a sickness amongst some in our society. One that seeks to sexualize children, and I find it quite sickening. Leave children alone!

From the article:

The details of each individual book can be found in the article. I am not sure I can post the details, without having this thread deleted...
Sick, very sick. The Decline and Fall of Rome comes to mind.

Old 10-27-2022, 01:32 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,152,768 times
Why do libraries even need to shelve such books when Fox News has done such a bang up job of describing every controversial passage in detail?

Old 10-27-2022, 01:33 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times
Like public schools that choose to have these selections available for high school kids so does the DOD Schools and just where parents can say they don't want their kids accessing whatever books the same applies in the DOD schools.

This article is just red meat for their readers with links leading back to other Fox stories (no bias there) and the title is taking an obscure line from one of the books that is written about that individuals journey and experiences as they found themselves.

No one is sexualizing children and for kids that see themselves different than others these books give them a way to read about others journeys to find themselves. But all this will be lost because Fox Says!! The article say "Books in DoDEA high schools were found to contain sex imagery, detailed instructions on masturbation, recording sex, sending nude pictures, how to have anal sex and other topics.", every kid with a smart phone have access to the same thing with free videos and dating apps. How many parents are even looking to see where their kids go on the internet?

Old 10-27-2022, 01:43 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,984,679 times
...i wonder how many folks who consistently post out here about the crap going on in the school systems even know the names of the people on their local school boards/committees, their politics, their world view, etc.?...

...city councils, school committees, zoning boards, prosecutors, etc. is where your power lies to change things...put your energy there...forget this trump/biden/desantis/democrat/republican horsesh*t, it's all a puppet show and warrants none of your energy...

...that's where you start to fix this sh*t...all politics are local...that is where your power lies, of course it takes some work and commitment but absent that, this crap will go on and on...

Old 10-27-2022, 01:45 PM

43,124 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Gee we never had x rated books in the school library ........

Old 10-27-2022, 01:48 PM

All I can say is that with all these sexualized books suddenly appearing in school libraries all across the country I would venture that it originated in DC in the Dept of Education.

This didn't just happen overnight in all these schools like *poof*...

Old 10-27-2022, 01:49 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
...i wonder how many folks who consistently post out here about the crap going on in the school systems even know the names of the people on their local school boards/committees, their politics, their world view, etc.?...

...city councils, school committees, zoning boards, prosecutors, etc. is where your power lies to change things...put your energy there...forget this trump/biden/desantis/democrat/republican horsesh*t, it's all a puppet show and warrants none of your energy...

...that's where you start to fix this sh*t...all politics are local...that is where your power lies, of course it takes some work and commitment but absent that, this crap will go on and on...
Our school board completely flipped.

Election was in August. It was a bloodbath. Massive voter turnout.

I think the only ones shocked were the ones booted out.

Old 10-27-2022, 01:53 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
There are books in our school library that would fit the NJ definition of distributing obscene materials to minors. When we flip the governor and AG I hope they start enforcing it.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 10-27-2022, 01:55 PM

So now kids don't have to worry about trying to get a copy of Playboy or Penthouse.

Just go to the school library instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies