Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2022, 06:21 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Nope.

He wasn’t defending himself.

He was extending the time that he failed to keep his word (that he would release them) to an even more monumental length.
Right, his lawyers were defending him during the 6+ year goosechase.

Awww. Good for him for doing so. The goosechase has been for a monumental time, too…but it’s great watching them have to work for everything, especially since they’ll continue with their obsession to get him.

Old 11-23-2022, 06:24 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
No, let's tell the House to stuff it. There is no possible legitimate reason for the House to be looking at his tax returns.
It shouldn’t have needed to come to that.

Trump should have kept his promise to the public…….that he would release them.

If he didn’t want to nor intend to keep that promise, then he should have said (when initially asked) that he wouldn’t release them and let the chips fall where they may politically.

But Trump didn’t do that.

Old 11-23-2022, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
And there is no possible reason Trump wouldn’t just comply unless he had something to hide.
That’s not true.

He should initially have told them to stuff it because it isn’t a requirement.

People shouldn’t do things just because opponents are trying to goad them into doing them. It shouldn’t be a guilty until proven innocent mindset.

Trump should have released his returns because he said he would. Period.

Old 11-23-2022, 06:34 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
I don't see why any 'murican would get their panties in a twist over the courts ruling that the ex-P's tax returns can be shared with congress. So what? How does this hurt YOU? It doesn't even affect you.

H.W. released his tax returns. Nixon, Reagan, W Bush, the Clintons, etc. Trump's the only one who ran for prez, promised to release his taxes, and then didn't. Everyone else in the last 50 years has done so.

And, once again, the minions rail against Trump having to do anything he doesn't want to do. The truth is, his minions would wail if others running for prez refused to make their tax returns available. Hypocrisy all day long.
actually, the question is why any patriotic American would want congress, and their loose lips (Maxine Waters, Shifty Schiff, etc) to have another Americans PII, and have it released unto the public, (and media), where identity thieves would have access to all that PII

And, once again, the minions (aka fascist liberals) are usurping the freedoms of the individual, for their
wanted totalitarian BIG government

Old 11-23-2022, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What does the media have to do with Trumps tax returns. What lies are they telling. The truth is….Trump is doing everything he can to prevent it from coming out. Why would he take it to the Supreme Court
I think that answer is twofold…..

1. He didn’t want them released.
2. ‘That fight’ motivates even more support for him among a certain segment of his supporters.

Old 11-23-2022, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Why do you think that anyone outside Trump's accountants and the IRS has a right to see Trump's tax returns?
Voters had and have a moral (not legal) right to see them (before the current ruling was upheld) because he promised….before the 2016 election….that he would later release them.

Old 11-23-2022, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
To damage his reputaton so badly, he'll never be President again, or take part in the political process on the natonal stage at all. The swamp hates outsiders Why? Because they might expose all the corruption, & show voters they are not the only ones who can run the country.

Is his Judge another Obama appointee? Who is on the ways and means committee, & what legit reason could they have to want to see Trumps returns other than to smear him?

This looks to me like anoteher get Trump Dem smear campaign using yet another federal gov't agency, like they've used the FBI, and DOJ.

If some Pubs agree that there appears to be evidence of tax evasion on Trump's part, I'd be open to Pubs looking into privately, then they decide if further action is needed. The Pubs are not too hot on Trump anymore, so it might be more impartial than letting the Lib attack Dogs do it.

If I were Trump, I would not cooperate in any way. They'll never throw a past President in jail.

I'd be willing to guess there's more in Joe Biden's tax returns that would expose crimes than Trump's.
Trump shouldn’t have let it come to that.

He should have honored his promise to the public by releasing them publicly.

Old 11-23-2022, 06:47 PM

Quote:
To damage his reputaton so badly, he'll never be President again, or take part in the political process on the natonal stage at all. The swamp hates outsiders Why? Because they might expose all the corruption, & show voters they are not the only ones who can run the country.

Is his Judge another Obama appointee? Who is on the ways and means committee, & what legit reason could they have to want to see Trumps returns other than to smear him?

This looks to me like anoteher get Trump Dem smear campaign using yet another federal gov't agency, like they've used the FBI, and DOJ.

If some Pubs agree that there appears to be evidence of tax evasion on Trump's part, I'd be open to Pubs looking into privately, then they decide if further action is needed. The Pubs are not too hot on Trump anymore, so it might be more impartial than letting the Lib attack Dogs do it.

If I were Trump, I would not cooperate in any way. They'll never throw a past President in jail.

I'd be willing to guess there's more in Joe Biden's tax returns that would expose crimes than Trump's.
I can’t stand Biden, am not a Democrat, and would never vote for him, but my answer to the bolded would be….Then why haven’t Trump’s opps research people found anything ?

Old 11-23-2022, 06:49 PM

Quote:
To get away from all the Leftist Obama appointed Judge's who legislate from the bench, & participate in this smear job.

This is a past President, so warrants SCOTUS oversight. Americans AND past President have a right to financial privacy.

If the IRS becomes weaponized, then I'd say lets go to flat consumption tax, & shut down the IRS completely.
Except he promised the public that he would release them.

Old 11-23-2022, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"If the IRS becomes weaponized"

If? Where have you been since louis lerner?
Lois, not Louis (a woman, not a,man).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies