Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2022, 10:26 PM

37,094 posts, read 41,220,763 times

Advertisements

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/26/healt...-19/index.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2022, 10:28 PM

15,058 posts, read 8,619,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Um...we've known that for over a year. Weaponized virus, developed in a Chinses lab, partly funded by Fauci with US taxpayer dollars, and released on the world...enriching those with stock in vaccine companies.
I was about ready to drop another bombshell news flash ….. water is wet.

Old 10-27-2022, 10:47 PM

15,817 posts, read 6,523,439 times
The lab theory has essentially been debunked.

Why Confirming The Origin of COVID-19 Matters

Quote:
Three-quarters of the early cases had some association with the market and none had an association with the laboratory. Even though the market and the laboratory are both in Wuhan, they are in different parts of the city separated by a river.

There were also other indicators: There were two lineages—or two separate variants—of SARS-CoV-2 that were circulating in the early days of the pandemic. One of those became the pandemic [as we know it] and the other one died out.

But [the existence of two lineages] would mean that there would have to have been two introductions from a laboratory, versus an outbreak going on among animals and then spilling over multiple times to people.

Old 10-28-2022, 05:10 AM

19,220 posts, read 17,072,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
It's not like you don't have the internet.

But I understand how it works... if you don't see it, it doesn't exist - it's fake news - and you can sit and fold your arms and hold your breath.

Took about a minute to find it

An Analysis of the Origins of the COVID-19 Pandemic
I made none of the accusations you mentioned but why get offended for someone asking for the original document. Better to read the legitimate source and get an opinion rather than be sways by some rag newspaper.

Old 10-28-2022, 05:28 AM

7,324 posts, read 3,513,097 times
as predicted, ChinaFirst Democrats rushing to defend their favorite role model nation

Old 10-28-2022, 09:40 AM

18,803 posts, read 8,461,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
Personally I am of the opinion that COVID was a modified virus developed for run-of-the-mill GoF research purposes, and that it was an accident that it was released. As you point out, China has lost a lot of friends because of COVID and has also lost a lot of economic growth. A deliberate release makes no sense.

Another point: if Chinese researchers were so skilled with virus manipulation that they were able to deliberately engineer COVID to behave the way it did, why is the Sinovac vaccine so much less effective? The reason China still has zero COVID policies is because their vaccine isn't that effective. If I'm sophisticated enough to develop a bioweapon, I develop the countermeasure before I release it into the wild.

Also if I were a nefarious CCP apparatchik stroking his fu manchu and strategizing how to get maximum effect from this bioweapon, why would I release it in Wuhan? Why not release it in, say, Atlanta or Reston?

Because it's not a bioweapon. It's an accident.
Unless the release was intentional by someone inside having their reasons. Like our post 9/11 Anthrax scares. But I agree. If lab based, a state supported release is highly unlikely.

Old 10-28-2022, 09:59 AM

2,353 posts, read 1,149,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Um...we've known that for over a year. Weaponized virus, developed in a Chinses lab, partly funded by Fauci with US taxpayer dollars, and released on the world...enriching those with stock in vaccine companies.
Beautifully stated!

Old 10-28-2022, 10:02 AM

3,113 posts, read 937,711 times
Our virologists need to up their game, since if that's the best they can do, they're worthless.

Old 10-28-2022, 11:01 AM

5,788 posts, read 5,100,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
"No longer" should get the benefit of the doubt?

China never deserved any benefit of the doubt. That kind of trust is earned.
China doesn't needs to earn anything from the US....don't make the US out to be so important.

Old 10-28-2022, 02:33 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,178,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
what will be xoe's response?
That's cute misnaming of Biden. However, the report is no bombshill:

Quote:
The top Republican on the Senate health committee said in a report on Thursday that the coronavirus pandemic was most likely caused by a laboratory incident in China. The report offered little new evidence, however, and was disputed by many scientists, including those whose research suggests that the outbreak originated instead at a live animal market.

The report, released by Senator Richard M. Burr, Republican of North Carolina, grew out of a joint inquiry with the committee’s Democratic chairwoman that proponents of the effort hoped would add a measure of bipartisan credibility to a highly charged debate. But the findings published on Thursday, while interim, bore only Mr. Burr’s signature. And in relying largely on existing public evidence, rather than new or classified information, the report came as something of a letdown even to those who supported its conclusions.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/27/s...rr-report.html

Nice try, but a miss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies