Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2022, 09:22 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Oh my - just because can’t understand it and is beyond some folks scope of mentality, does not make it untrue or that it’s not a complex phenomenon.
Trying to find someone to blame, is going to take you into a deep rabbit hole.
Regardless - tolerance and inclusion of all peoples is warranted in our society. As long as not harming another human being or animal, live and let live.
As the poster you're replying to explained, there are instances where another human is harmed......The girl who didn't get an athletic scholarship because a boy who is saying he's a girl got the athletic scholarship.

Old 10-31-2022, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Well I'll walk through that door!

So. Many. Links.

Republican retracts false claim schools placing litter boxes for ‘furry’ students

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...claim-debunked

How an urban myth about litter boxes in schools became a GOP talking point

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/misinfo...oint-rcna51439

Claim about schools providing litter boxes for students debunked in several states

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...boxes-student/

Fact Check-No evidence of schools accommodating ‘furries’ with litter boxes

https://www.reuters.com/article/fact...-idUSL1N31J1KT

Debunked School Restroom Litter Box Claims Resurface With New Year

https://patch.com/us/across-america/...rface-new-year

The anatomy of a rumor: Furries and litter boxes at Dickinson Public Schools

https://www.thedickinsonpress.com/ne...public-schools

No Litter Boxes: Gillette School Board Disclaims ‘Furry’ Policy For Kids Who Identify As Animals

https://cowboystatedaily.com/2022/09...fy-as-animals/

Are you saying then that that mom lied to newtovenice or that newtovenice is lying?.......Because newtovenice isn't saying that the mom said she read about that, but rather that that happened at the school that mom's daughter attends....and you have no way of knowing where the mom newtovenice talked to lives, so your links refuting the furry situation at the school are meaningless.

Old 10-31-2022, 09:35 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Me too, and she did not look like a boy. I think the issue with her was more her parents than biology. I can't imagine what the child went through and saw.

<snip>
She does kind of look like a boy with a silly hairdo with a big bow in the childhood pictures, although that may be the perception I have knowing what he looks like NOW. Looks much cuter and more girlish in the young-teen pics, though.

As to what the child went through and saw, I once read an interview with "Chas" before s/he transitioned. She said she loved staying at Sonny's house because he was the stable one. Everyone sat down to dinner together, did activities together, and more or less lived the standard American life. Whereas, when her mother was married to Greg Allman, Cher would have him pick her up after school when she was working, and then he'd take the kid to one of his friends' house where they'd hang out getting high and Chastity would do her schoolwork or read until her mother was able to track down her whereabouts and take her home. She said when she was 13, she was the one blocking the door telling her mother, "You're not going out dressed like that." LOL.

Old 10-31-2022, 09:37 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Oh my - just because can’t understand it and is beyond some folks scope of mentality, does not make it untrue or that it’s not a complex phenomenon.
Trying to find someone to blame, is going to take you into a deep rabbit hole.
Regardless - tolerance and inclusion of all peoples is warranted in our society. As long as not harming another human being or animal, live and let live.
Do you think it's fair to fail a student who says there are only 2 biological sexes?

Old 10-31-2022, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
So you're repeating some word of mouth second hand or more nonsense? The litter box thing ran through Republican talking points with no basis in reality. But I would not be surprised if she heard that on some right wing media and pulled her kids out because of that.

So you think that mom lied to newtovenice about her daughter's school ?

Old 10-31-2022, 09:43 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Do you think it's fair to fail a student who says there are only 2 biological sexes?
Fail? Probably suspended or expelled. And if they had their way would probably burn them at the stake

This is a nasty cultish religion, and extremely in line with Orwell's novels

Old 10-31-2022, 09:48 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

So you think that mom lied to newtovenice about her daughter's school ?
Of course they think it's a lie. That's what the media tells them.

This is a small private school. It's quite real, and the school is able to avoid press because of it.

Certain posters generally always believe what the MSM tells them to believe. It's quite shocking and the amount of sheer belief they have borders on an almost religious-like faith.

I mean, since it 'didn't happen" in those links that have nothing to do with what I posted, apparently that means what I posted was untrue.

Like if I said it was raining by the lighthouse here, they would find that it was raining by the lighthouse in Maine, and claim what I said was untrue.

Because apples = spaceships

Old 10-31-2022, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
well in all fairness..the LBERALS did say we must ALWAYS take the words of a woman...as truth

logic says the litter box thing is faux.... but the FACT remains that you do have people identifying as "furries"...so at least one part of the two part thing was correct....
What would be the point of that mom lying to newtovenice ?

I don't see that newtovenice would disagree with the mom or judge her negatively for her stance.

Old 10-31-2022, 09:51 AM

3,319 posts, read 1,818,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
With transgendered, I continue to be stumped about that. Mostly, as a female, I don't understand "feeling" like a female, as I couldn't describe "feeling" like a female, as it is simply a biological reality - "I am" not "I feel"...
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
That is what a transgender person says, too.

Actually trans ideology is very successful at manipulating language to it's own political and cultural ends.
Substituting the grammatical term 'gender' for the biological term 'sex' makes it a false equivalence that we are not expected to notice or object to.
Sadly, most don't.

The statement 'I feel like a woman inside' was in fact the original basis for transsexuals until they shifted to transgenders and required everyone to affirm an essentially unprovable feeling as an empirically verifiable fact. Remember, they may be dysphoric or fetishistic but they are not stupid.

And frankly no woman that I've asked has ever responded that they 'felt like a woman inside' because we don't.
It can be claimed, as trans identified men must, but it cannot be proven.

In my case I don't really care if homosexuality is inborn as it is culturally, scientifically and medically benign.

But right now the de-transitioner sub-reddit claims over 40,000 members.
How many 'de-homosexuals' are on the de-homo site?
Not enough to warrant a site.

How many lesbians and gay men claim to have been duped into a fraudulent 'identity' and risk vilification and hatred for opposing the activists that have led them into a making a brutally awful mistake?
NONE because there aren't any.

How many homosexuals are hurling vicious, vindictive slurs on those who have changed their mind?
Uh, NONE.. because we don't!

Transgenderism demands not simply human rights but outrageous special privileges that deny reality.
Not to mention the opportunity to 'trans the gay away' by reaffirming sex based stereotypes.. on steroids!
The two groups are now in the early stages of conflict and clash frequently as transgenders need to remain safely connected to the LGB political umbrella for it's own benefit.
Hopefully, those days are numbered.

Last edited by PamelaIamela; 10-31-2022 at 10:30 AM..

Old 10-31-2022, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Nope, not hypothetical. Based in reality.

And yes, I have no tolerance for people who demean others outside the scope of reasonable and proportionate defense, retaliation, and punishment. Intolerance of intolerance and bullying is not a contradiction.
That poster you were replying to with the above said hypocritical, not hypothetical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies