Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2022, 05:44 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
You did not really answer Goodnight's question. What motives would the police and DAs office have to lie about this? Who do you think they worked with on the "lie"? Was Mr. Pelosi in on it and why woukd have agree since he had brain surgery? Or do you not believe the attack happened at all although it was apparently caught on body cams? Was the suspect who will now go to jail for a ling time in on it to? Why?

You say the "official" narrative makes no sense? The conspiracy theory aspect of it makes even less sense and no one can really explain why all the actors woukd involve themselves in it.
There ya go trying to use logic to argue with an all-in fully delusional right-winger. It's a lot like trying to reason with a Jehovah's Witness. I don't think you are ever going to win either argument. There will always be another even more ludicrous "explanation" to help prop up their latest fantasy.

Don't forget, many of the people spreading these conspiracy theories know they are lies and disinformation. They spread them because they get a sick joy out of destroying truth. They are going to ride that train of lies all the way to the station - when they install their authoritarian thug in the White House.

Old 10-31-2022, 05:45 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
I think all the theories are great, the more derogatory and unsavory the better. If the Pelosi crime family has a problem with them they can always choose to be transparent and release all the footage they have. In the meantime they and their defenders will just have to accept our narratives as fact.

Old 10-31-2022, 05:50 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
We'll let the bodycam footage, if it's not destroyed already, be the judge of that.
yes, we will. And very doubtful it has been destroyed in my view. If by chance it has, that is very shady and obviously changes the narative. but people are pushing various conspiracy theories way before the olice would even release body cam and security. chances are they are still going through and collective footage three days after the attack.

Quote:
A homeless man breaking into a $6 million house with a hammer and no alarms going off, just isn't very practical.
"Isn't very practical" does not equal out of the realm of possibility.

Old 10-31-2022, 05:53 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
There ya go trying to use logic to argue with an all-in fully delusional right-winger. It's a lot like trying to reason with a Jehovah's Witness. I don't think you are ever going to win either argument. There will always be another even more ludicrous "explanation" to help prop up their latest fantasy.

Don't forget, many of the people spreading these conspiracy theories know they are lies and disinformation. They spread them because they get a sick joy out of destroying truth. They are going to ride that train of lies all the way to the station - when they install their authoritarian thug in the White House.
You are no doubt very right. But then there'd be no reason for those of us like me to post here at all. I have a lot of time on my hands and my hope would be that maybe one person on the fence, probably not someone who posts at all, might see it and at least consider how absurd these conspiracists are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
Who said inside? Why can't they release the footage of the hammer attacker's arrival? His breaking in the door? There has to be footage and showing someone arriving at a home or breaking in the back door is not exactly giving away security secrets.
Relax and give them time. It's been three days since the attack. They are likely still collecting footage and going through it.

Old 10-31-2022, 05:54 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Quote:
Relax and give them time. It's been three days since the attack. They are likely still collecting footage and going through it.
I can't wait until the footage is released and then I get to watch them move the goalposts on their theory.

Old 10-31-2022, 05:59 AM

2,004 posts, read 761,611 times
Quote:
You did not really answer Goodnight's question. What motives would the police and DAs office have to lie about this? Who do you think they worked with on the "lie"? Was Mr. Pelosi in on it and why woukd have agree since he had brain surgery? Or do you not believe the attack happened at all although it was apparently caught on body cams? Was the suspect who will now go to jail for a ling time in on it to? Why?

You say the "official" narrative makes no sense? The conspiracy theory aspect of it makes even less sense and no one can really explain why all the actors woukd involve themselves in it.
Come on, political motivation of course.

It’s why you had the SFPD Chief up there talking about violence against political opponents instead of talking about facts.

Old 10-31-2022, 06:01 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Isn't it amazing how the media hasn't figured out the Jan 6 pipe bomber, the Supreme Court leaker, a single one of Epstein's clients, the motive of the Las Vegas shooter, but they knew Paul Pelosi's midnight visitor was MAGA even before both could put their underwear back on?

https://twitter.com/rising_serpent/s...06275148488707

Yes - it's amazing... -ly deceitful.

Old 10-31-2022, 06:04 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
We'll let the bodycam footage, if it's not destroyed already, be the judge of that.

A homeless man breaking into a $6 million house with a hammer and no alarms going off, just isn't very practical.
If he doesn`t have a key, it`s practical.

Old 10-31-2022, 06:08 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
Who said inside? Why can't they release the footage of the hammer attacker's arrival? His breaking in the door? There has to be footage and showing someone arriving at a home or breaking in the back door is not exactly giving away security secrets.
How many law enforcement agencies are involved in this? The SF police, the FBI, whatever security is provided the speaker, probably the state of California has some kind of LEO, the local DA.

If they release any footage would it corrupt a jury pool when this goes to trial?

It's scary to watch a bunch of people who never took civics discuss what the law enforcement and the prosecution and defense lawyers should be doing.

Old 10-31-2022, 06:10 AM

3,113 posts, read 938,998 times
Quote:

Police and DA lie all the time, especially to cover for a powerful politically connected person. This is why that first presser was so short. Guy knows he’s lying and wants in and out before being exposed.

When someone tells me a story it literally makes sense or it doesn’t. In this case it makes no sense. When it makes no sense I’ll gravitate to possible explanations that make sense.

My first post in this thread was it was probably part of the rising crime wave in San Francisco. I changed my tune immediately when the details began to emerge. Now I think most of what they told us is a lie.

You guys seem to be off in some make believe world where everyone is good and no one lies. Or maybe one rotten apple but if you hear 2 or more “officials” tell the same story it must be true. I don’t. I know our politicians and police officers lie more than they tell the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies