Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2022, 07:51 AM

25,957 posts, read 22,107,325 times

Advertisements

I was surprised they did not have a security system in place. I wondered if this was done by an insider, maybe someone there to "get the old man's motor running", and he didn't want to pay up or something. I also wondered if it might be politically motivated from the left, since it is so close to the election, I mean, when it comes to dirty politics, Pelosi is at the top of the list.

I hope he is fine, and that it sends a message to his wife about how crime is not a good thing.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...k-david-depape

"Listed years ago in voting records as a Green party supporter, DePape said he also took to the streets with activists who opposed a successful push to ban public nudity in San Francisco, the Chronicle also reported."

So, maybe his "date", a nut job, went a little crazy? When will people learn that picking someone up in a bar can be dangerous?

https://www.timesofisrael.com/musk-t...bout-platform/

“There is a tiny possibility there might be more to this story than meets the eye,” Musk replied to Clinton, attaching a link to the story, which is no longer accessible, by the conservative Santa Monica Observer. The attached article claimed, without providing any evidence, that Mr. Pelosi was attacked by a person he met at a gay bar."

This attack, if not for political reasons, is being made out to be that. Seriously, this guy that attacked him was blaming the Jews for the Ukraine War, a hemp jewelry maker, fought public nudity being banned in SF, so how conservative could he be?

Also, I noticed just recently this "supposed" conservative posts started happening.

Seriously, my first thought was getting past security and the wife out of town, get it on with a hooker. Yeah, even in their 80s, men and women, well, you know.

Old 10-31-2022, 07:53 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,151,272 times
I understand the desire to pick apart the narrative, but in the midst of this, I worry that we're losing sight of the consequences for our system of government when people no longer feel safe running for office because they fear their family members will become targets for violence.

Old 10-31-2022, 07:54 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,519,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Really? Sounds like there is plenty of reason to be skeptical of how this all went down.

Why would the police just stand there at an open door watching an elderly man get the living you know what beaten out of him, especially an elderly guy with the last name of Pelosi.

Makes no sense whatsoever. None of it.
They did not know who was the aggressor when they saw two men with the hammer. As soon as they saw DePape strike Pelosi, they tackled him and made their arrest. I am not saying the two policemen were right in their response. Time will tell. I am usually pretty skeptical when I hear sheriffs and police chiefs hail thwir officers responses so soon after something like this happened. but again, time will tell.

Old 10-31-2022, 07:54 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,622 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
I understand the desire to pick apart the narrative, but in the midst of this, I worry that we're losing sight of the consequences for our system of government when people no longer feel safe running for office because they fear their family members will become targets for violence.
That is certainly the big picture takeaway here.

And in the press conference, the Police chief, with tears in his eyes, said as much.

Old 10-31-2022, 07:57 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,622 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Newly published overview, police confirmation of DePape bringing in zip ties.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...ttack/3063619/

Old 10-31-2022, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I was surprised they did not have a security system in place...
I believe there was a security system in place according to what I have read. Maybe Pelosi had forgotten to turn it on like my sister often does with her own. That is more likely to me than the paranoid homeless drug addict somehow getting around it. We will find ouot in time and anything before that including my own post is pure speculation.

Old 10-31-2022, 07:58 AM

7,725 posts, read 12,618,642 times
Quote:
Did you have this epiphany when Republican members of the Supreme Court were having their homes targeted, being accosted going to the bathroom, or having full on assassination attempts on their lives?

Old 10-31-2022, 07:59 AM

17,368 posts, read 16,511,485 times
Quote:
That is why it is important to determine the actual facts of this case - how and why this guy was in that house in the first place.

Old 10-31-2022, 07:59 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,151,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
So did you have this epiphany when Republican members of the Supreme Court were having their homes targeted, being accosted going to the bathroom, or having full on assassination attempts on their lives?
Why do you automatically assume that I wasn't? Because you can't find a trail of posts as confirmation? Do you jump to conclusions about everyone you encounter online?

Old 10-31-2022, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Newly published overview, police confirmation of DePape bringing in zip ties.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...ttack/3063619/
My biggest takeaways from that link are that San Francisco District Attorney Brooke Jenkins says that Mr. Pelosi was alone at the house at the time (meaning no third person) and that DePape and Pelosi did not know one another. I like when officials put their names with the information, they are providng.

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
That is why it is important to determine the actual facts of this case - how and why this guy was in that house in the first place.
While I agree with this assessment, the break-in in the first place, the zip ties in his bag and him calling out "Where's Nancy?" seems to suggest something criminal, does it not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies