Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2022, 04:32 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
The LAPD stated in a press conference that the family are protected, and the home is secured by the Capital cops.

Why would the LAPD comment that the family is protected ?

Pelosi represents San Francisco, not Los Angeles.

Old 11-01-2022, 04:36 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,134,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Not sure if he was drinking, but if he was, he coud have been home all night and never touched his car. Of course all of this is speculation. There are still questions unanswered as you might expect with something that just happened four nights ago, if I did my math right. I wonder about the security system, too and hoope to learn more about that soon. AsI know from my sister, not everyone who has a security system turns it on every single time they get home for somewhere.
I never arm my security when I am home because I don't want to have to disarm it every time I step out onto the porch or let my dogs in or out. I only use it when I am away. Honestly, the thought of having an alarm and not always arming it is only unfathomable to people who don't have two brain cells to rub together (or just being willfully obtuse)

Old 11-01-2022, 04:37 PM

3,113 posts, read 938,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
1. Nancy is a U.S. Rep, not a Senator.

2. He founded his company 14 years before she ran for Congress, so his company couldn't possibly have started out as that. It might be correct to say that he is a silver spooned daddy's boy, but it isn't correct (like a lot of political opponents like to say (and not saying you're saying this)) that the basis of their wealth stems from Nancy's position (and I'm a political opponent as well, and I can't stand her).
1. My bad I meant US rep
2. Look at the 1120s, they exploded in the 90s

Old 11-01-2022, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
If it doesn't apply to you - why are you so offended. The left makes a lot of generalizations but don't like it when one is thrown back at them.

I don't understand why people are offended by people who disagree with them politically.

Why would anyone care enough (to be offended) about what someone who they think is wrong thinks.

Old 11-01-2022, 04:46 PM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
Even liberal Glen Greenwald can't understand why just because people have questions about this incident it automatically makes them a conspiracy theorist.

ggreenwald - twitter:
It's genuinely alarming how conditioned so much of the US population is to equate skepticism toward the pronouncements of media corporations with mental illness:

"If you don't instantly accept what Wolf Blitzer and Andrea Mitchell claim, then you're a crazy conspiracy theorist."

Old 11-01-2022, 04:47 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Was it a forced confession? Who interviewed the guy? The local police or some type of "special force".
A judge will decide that if this proceeds to trial and the lawyer tries to get the confession thrown out which I expect will happen as a matter of routine.

Old 11-01-2022, 04:50 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Even liberal Glen Greenwald can't understand why just because people have questions about this incident it automatically makes them a conspiracy theorist.

ggreenwald - twitter:
It's genuinely alarming how conditioned so much of the US population is to equate skepticism toward the pronouncements of media corporations with mental illness:

"If you don't instantly accept what Wolf Blitzer and Andrea Mitchell claim, then you're a crazy conspiracy theorist."
Except...there is a sworn affidavit from the police and FBI. No need to listen to or "accept" what the media spins.

Old 11-01-2022, 04:50 PM

23,561 posts, read 12,525,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Why would the LAPD comment that the family is protected ?

Pelosi represents San Francisco, not Los Angeles.
LAPD stated that it's the Capitol cops who protect Pelosi 'and her family' and 'secure their home'.

"The US Capitol Police is responsible for protection of Speaker Pelosi and her family...Any questions about the security of the Pelosi home should be referred to the US Capitol Police, that is their responsibility"

https://www.city-data.com/forum/64366986-post1050.html

Old 11-01-2022, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
Sorry to hear that. I always thought my mom would make 100.

My mother died a week after a fall in her bedroom. Padded carpeting, wood flooring with crawl space under house. About as bouncy a floor as you can get. I've fallen on that same floor and wasn't affected. But she was 97 and on blood thinners. Hit her head, developed a clot, stroke and then died. She was in the hospital for a few days but it was hopeless, so we got her home so she could die where she wanted to die.

Young people die all the time from falls in the street. They get into a fight, fall and die in a couple of days or sooner. For old people, it can be a death sentence even if they don't hit their head that hard.

Sorry to hear that your mother passed from that. My mother's house also had crawl space and hardwood floors, but carpeting in only one bedroom (not her master bedroom).

Old 11-01-2022, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
LAPD stated that it's the Capitol cops who protect Pelosi 'and her family' and 'secure their home'.

"The US Capitol Police is responsible for protection of Speaker Pelosi and her family...Any questions about the security of the Pelosi home should be referred to the US Capitol Police, that is their responsibility"

https://www.city-data.com/forum/64366986-post1050.html
That's a video of the SFPD Chief.

Nothing to do with LAPD.

Perhaps the guy from that other article is Bezos' former head of security because he was wrong about things like that .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies