Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2022, 05:55 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,580 posts, read 17,923,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
He’s an illegal alien drug addict with a long list of felonies living homeless in a sanctuary city that’s soft on drugs and crime.

See any patterns here?
It's good that you note that group is as likely to have extreme far right ideals as not.

Old 10-28-2022, 05:56 PM

3,254 posts, read 1,408,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I completely agree with you. I have been on this website off and on for years, and I can tell you the last few years, there has been a drastic change and turnover of members. I guess its reflective of the times we live in. It's sad but insulting and obnoxious comments, seems to be part of the culture of US society now. Both by Politicians and far to many people in general.

Just the fact an 82 year old man was put in such serious danger and beaten with a hammer. Beaten to the point of fracturing his skull. One would think people would at least, offer some kind words for Mr Pelosi's recovery. Unfortunately some rather make fun of such a tragedy. Should we be surprised. No I can't say I am.
Not surprised by what has been said. Not surprised by who is saying it.

Old 10-28-2022, 05:56 PM

8,103 posts, read 6,744,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
He's not getting out of jail for a very long time. Good news for him is that he is no longer homeless.

Why should he be treated any differently? Because the victim was Paul Pelosi? That’s the same unequal justice the was dealt out to the January 6th protesters.

Old 10-28-2022, 05:58 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,580 posts, read 17,923,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Why should he be treated any differently? Because the victim was Paul Pelosi? That’s the same unequal justice the was dealt out to the January 6th protesters.
Well, yes, because the intended target is the Speaker of the House. Yes, that bumps it up.

Just like assault on a public servant, assault on a cop, assault on a judge.

Attempted murder of the Speaker of the House carries more serious charges than the assault with a hammer of the average guy during a routine break in.

Additionally, he's got an "elder abuse" charge to contend with, that would cover average Joe when they are elderly.

Old 10-28-2022, 05:59 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,918,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
why was he in his underware.....and why is all the broken glass on the outside

...when you hit a window with a hammer from the outside....all the glass goes inside
Safety glass maybe?

Old 10-28-2022, 06:07 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,149,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow1 View Post
Safety glass maybe?
Look for a video taken from a drone of the house after the incident. In it, you can very clearly see light glinting off shards of glass on the floor inside the house. The previous poster is wrong.

Old 10-28-2022, 06:09 PM

298 posts, read 116,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatesDude View Post
No, Im going to go with this place is a gutter. All you have to do is read threads like this here to realize the sad state of America today.

To be honest, after reading the story, I came here to expecting these sorts of responses , just to see if people could really stoop this low. . And , of course, I found them. An 80 yr old guy gets beat in the head with a hammer to the point he needs brain surgery, and you have whack jobs making fun of it.

Welcome to the new America.
He's a criminal. All of them are.

I would have been just as pleased if this was Donald Trump or Mitch McConnell. They all deserve it and much worse.

Old 10-28-2022, 06:09 PM

2,616 posts, read 1,168,248 times
Wow, this thread blew up fast. Sorry I didn't get to read every single reply here but one of the first things I though was where was Nancy? and Geez she is not only has a seriously irresponsible lack of security at the Capitol now I see she does at home too.

People in their position almost always have their own private security. So what the hell happened that they got inside the home?

Ok now I will read up more.

Last edited by staystill; 10-28-2022 at 06:11 PM.. Reason: I just heard the surgery went well.

Old 10-28-2022, 06:11 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,149,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeAZguy View Post
He's a criminal. All of them are.

I would have been just as pleased if this was Donald Trump or Mitch McConnell. They all deserve it and much worse.
No. Just no. Being attacked with a hammer during a home invasion is not justice. You don't want to live in that kind of world; stop pretending that you do.

Old 10-28-2022, 06:11 PM

8,103 posts, read 6,744,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Well, yes, because the intended target is the Speaker of the House. Yes, that bumps it up.

Just like assault on a public servant, assault on a cop, assault on a judge.

Attempted murder of the Speaker of the House carries more serious charges than the assault with a hammer of the average guy during a routine break in.

Additionally, he's got an "elder abuse" charge to contend with, that would cover average Joe when they are elderly.
What about the concept of equal justice of the law?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies