Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2022, 06:32 PM

35,520 posts, read 17,792,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
So, he has two charges of attempted murder?
I don't know how the charges will pan out, when they're finalized.

I'd certainly charge him with two counts - it was his plan to murder Nancy Pelosi, and he in fact seriously harmed Paul Pelosi in that process, with a hammer to his skull, that was intended for Nancy's skull.

Sound like two counts of attempted murder to you?

Here's the tenets of attempted murder in California -

It’s a common myth that you have to actually physically touch another person to be convicted of attempted murder. Rather, it only requires you to act in a willful and deliberate manner to kill another person. In fact, attempted murder is commonly referred to as a failed attempt at first degree murder. However, a Penal Code 664/187 attempted murder charge requires more than just planning a murder. It requires at least one single substantial step towards completing the killing of someone else.

I would call breaking into her home, believing her to be inside the home, in the wee hours wielding a hammer with the intent to kill her "at least one single substantial step".

https://goldsteinlawgroup.com/practi...-code-664-187/

Old 10-28-2022, 06:34 PM

1,799 posts, read 557,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeAZguy View Post
That you believe that corrupt politicians who are actively stealing from all Americans (including yourself) don't deserve this also says a lot.
I agree, it does. It means I dont think the solution is to go around hoping they all get their heads beat in with a hammer. Im quite happy with that stance. I seriously wonder about someone happy with the fantasy of politicians and their spouses getting beat to death.

Old 10-28-2022, 06:36 PM

29,692 posts, read 24,759,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwestResident View Post
I agree with all of you. some people have no compassion or heart whatsoever. It is really sickening that some people are so extreme they are letting it cloud their judgment and can't set aside their politics to offer some sympathy or prayers for a quick recovery. It doesn't matter if you don't like someone or don't agree with them or their spouse but no one deserves to have that happen to them or go through it no matter what! even if they may have done some bad things in the past and Pelosi's husband only committed a minor crime

People need to step back and think about how they would feel if someone broke into their elderly grandparent's house and attacked them with a hammer. I am sure they would not like it at all, would be very mad, and certainly would not be making jokes.

It wasn't under later on that the violent nature of the attack was made public. The very first report said he was expected to fully recover. They didn't say he was going to need brain surgery until later. That's when the full details started to be made public and we heard about the hammer being used to strike his skull. So you should be mindful of that when you read through these kind of threads. People are responding real time to details that are being released in real time.

Old 10-28-2022, 06:36 PM

8,084 posts, read 6,708,039 times
Quote:
How so? Enlighten me.
Google Nancy Pelosi and insider trading.

Old 10-28-2022, 06:37 PM

2,529 posts, read 1,119,626 times
Quote:
With the structure in its current form, these people can't be voted out of power.

Even if they are, they will use their money to effectively rig elections through Super PACs. The US political system was never great, but has been a complete corrupt mess since the Citizens United ruling in 2010.
Nancy Pelosi has been around for so long she has a lifetime of dirt on them all. They will always vote her back in. Her position is a their pleasure and lets face it they are better off with Nancy than anyone on that stupid squad or Harris.

Old 10-28-2022, 06:39 PM

298 posts, read 116,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatesDude View Post
I agree, it does. It means I dont think the solution is to go around hoping they all get their heads beat in with a hammer. Im quite happy with that stance. I seriously wonder about someone happy with the fantasy of politicians and their spouses getting beat to death.
What's your solution to dealing with their corruption then?

The political system doesn't work. You can't just vote these people out anymore because they've rigged it so they will always have enough money and influence to affect political decisions in their favor.

Old 10-28-2022, 06:40 PM

2,953 posts, read 987,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Well, it used to be that people who were extremely vulnerable to being led by crazy conspiracies had a more difficult time encountering others who would encourage them.

The internet is a wonderful thing, when it's wonderful.

When it allows for this nut job, and others like him, to encounter and interact with people who will lead him to take these actions against a national political figure, the internet is a tool for evil.

In past generations, people who were unable to discern reality had a harder time accessing others who would egg them on.
Boy that was quite a rhetorical pretzelling just to say - Yeah the schizophrenic hit a guy in the head with a hammer because of politics that I don't like, not because he was a schizophrenic.

A person would have to be pretty motor-driven by ideology to overlook a mental illness as profound as schizophrenia in their quest to blame a felony assault on the political opposition.

Old 10-28-2022, 06:41 PM

17,126 posts, read 14,428,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't know how the charges will pan out, when they're finalized.

I'd certainly charge him with two counts - it was his plan to murder Nancy Pelosi, and he in fact seriously harmed Paul Pelosi in that process, with a hammer to his skull, that was intended for Nancy's skull.

Sound like two counts of attempted murder to you?

Here's the tenets of attempted murder in California -

It’s a common myth that you have to actually physically touch another person to be convicted of attempted murder. Rather, it only requires you to act in a willful and deliberate manner to kill another person. In fact, attempted murder is commonly referred to as a failed attempt at first degree murder. However, a Penal Code 664/187 attempted murder charge requires more than just planning a murder. It requires at least one single substantial step towards completing the killing of someone else.

I would call breaking into her home, believing her to be inside the home, in the wee hours wielding a hammer with the intent to kill her "at least one single substantial step".

https://goldsteinlawgroup.com/practi...-code-664-187/
So your long winded answer is "no".

Old 10-28-2022, 06:42 PM

35,520 posts, read 17,792,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
Boy that was quite a rhetorical pretzelling just to say - Yeah the schizophrenic hit a guy in the head with a hammer because of politics that I don't like, not because he was a schizophrenic.

A person would have to be pretty motor-driven by ideology to overlook a mental illness as profound as schizophrenia in their quest to blame a felony assault on the political opposition.
You have diagnosed him, over the internet, with schizophrenia based on what a friend said on some website.

Talk about pretzeling.

I'm not willing to just say oh, wait, sorry, you hear voices? Carry on, then, no harm done guy.

Old 10-28-2022, 06:43 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,655,175 times
pitty he didn't steal less than $1000 that wouldn't get charged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies