Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2022, 06:58 PM

8,103 posts, read 6,744,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeAZguy View Post
That you believe that corrupt politicians who are actively stealing from all Americans (including yourself) don't deserve this also says a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeAZguy View Post
How will that enlighten me?

My entire argument is that Pelosi (as well as literally every other politician on both sides of the aisle) is extremely corrupt and that they won't ever be voted out of office because of the way our political system is set up.

So traditional and "civilized" measures are no longer enough to curtail these people. Therefore, I support other avenues of persuasion.

They're all bad. I'm not convinced that Pelosi is any better than Harris or the Squad. They're all part of the same team and that is a team that no one in this forum is on (regardless of your so-called political identity).
I’m sorry, you are correct. I misread your post.

Old 10-28-2022, 06:58 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,080,998 times
In case nobody has posted it yet....one of the few decent social media posts from conservatives on the Paul Pelosi attack -- former Vice President Mike Pence:

"This is an outrage and our hearts are with the entire Pelosi family. ⁦We pray Paul will make a full recovery. There can be no tolerance for violence against public officials or their families. This man should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law."

Overall, I'm not a big fan of Pence, but I applaud him for saying this. Most Republicans in D.C. are too scared of the far-right base to simply say they're sad this happened and hope Paul Pelosi makes a full recovery.

Old 10-28-2022, 06:59 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,580 posts, read 17,923,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
When I hear someone say "Two cops can take a man with a hammer." I think to myself - This knowledgeable person must have a lot of experience taking down men with hammers. I wonder how someone gets this sort of resume bullet.
When I hear about people who don't think two cops can't take a guy with a hammer, I wonder . . . do they not read news stories?

Do they not understand police training?

Have they never even watched an episode of COPS?

Guy. Two cops, vs. one guy in underwear who has a hammer pummeling an old guy, the cops are going to take down the assailant.

Old 10-28-2022, 06:59 PM

17,355 posts, read 14,606,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Hmm. Does their security in the neighborhood provide for LE entry into the homes?

Where did you read that "someone opened the door for the cops"?
There's a press conference and the Chief of Police just said it.

Old 10-28-2022, 07:00 PM

1,799 posts, read 561,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
Bullet center mass is what they are trained to do.
In no world are cops trained to pull their weapons and start firing at two men wrestling on the ground in the hopes of hitting the one with the weapon. Especially when they wouldnt know if the guy with the weapon was the homeowner defending himself against an intruder or not.

No thought was put into this line of questioning why the police would rush a guy attacking a person with a hammer.

Old 10-28-2022, 07:00 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,356,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Hmm. Does their security in the neighborhood provide for LE entry into the homes?

Where did you read that "someone opened the door for the cops"?
I believe I saw a picture of the front door broken in? So that sounds odd.

Old 10-28-2022, 07:02 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,580 posts, read 17,923,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
In case nobody has posted it yet....one of the few decent social media posts from conservatives on the Paul Pelosi attack -- former Vice President Mike Pence:

"This is an outrage and our hearts are with the entire Pelosi family. ⁦We pray Paul will make a full recovery. There can be no tolerance for violence against public officials or their families. This man should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law."

Overall, I'm not a big fan of Pence, but I applaud him for saying this. Most Republicans in D.C. are too scared of the far-right base to simply say they're sad this happened and hope Paul Pelosi makes a full recovery.
Ted Cruz also had a very empathetic message for the Pelosis.

Without a "but" . . .

Very heartening.

Old 10-28-2022, 07:02 PM

17,984 posts, read 27,442,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
Thankfully, the perpetrator is in custody. Pelosi is expected to make a full recovery from his injuries. The Speaker was not at their home at the time of the assault.

Whatever your political affiliation, I hope you'll agree that an attack of an elected official's family is completely unacceptable.
Well I don't know about that.

Let's go straight back to Rand Paul and his wife's attack leaving that event in Washington D.C. on live tv and what the folks and media said about all of that.

Let's start there full stop. Then let's go to the Republican/Steve Scalise baseball practice shooting.

Then let's look at the stuff Maxine Watters put on folks to do to Republicans. Then let's go straight to Kavanaugh's home.

Maybe this was just a Mostly Peaceful Domestic Situation. Are they sure Nancy wasn't around. I would think her to be enemy suspect number one, until proven innocent.

I do feel sorry for Paul though, bad life decisions and all. I understand why he drinks.

I have some catching up to do in this thread as I just got off work and just heard about the story that must have broken this morning. Did I hear something about an illegal Canadian alien naked white smot poking hippy being the hammer-wielder? This is going to be a weird one to unpack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
They say he's in good condition and the family is already thanking first responders.

But no information about the attacker yet.
You got to imagine, he's probably got a pretty thick skull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I hope the Pelosi’s make a full report to the social workers.
Oh snap.

Last edited by McGowdog; 10-28-2022 at 07:25 PM..

Old 10-28-2022, 07:04 PM

37,952 posts, read 17,848,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post

You have no proof of this. What we do have proof of is a few hypocrites from the left spewing hate when Rand Paul was attacked yet doing an about face over Pelosi.

Old 10-28-2022, 07:05 PM

19,822 posts, read 12,084,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Well I don't know about that.

Let's go straight back to Rand Paul and his wife's attack leaving that event in Washington D.C. on live tv and what the folks and media said about all of that.

Let's start there full stop. Then let's go to the Republican/Steve Scalise baseball practice shooting.

Then let's look at the stuff Maxine Watters put on folks to do to Republicans. Then let's go straight to Kavanaugh's home.

Maybe this was just a Mostly Peaceful Domestic Situation. Are they sure Nancy wasn't around. I would think her to be enemy suspect number one, until proven innocent.

I do feel sorry for Paul though, bad life decisions and all. I understand why he drinks.

I have some catching up to do in this thread as I just got off work and just heard about the story that must have broken this morning. Did I hear something about an illegal Canadian alien naked white smot poking hippy being the hammer-wielder? This is going to be a weird one to unpack.

Storage unit living, hemp bracelet making nudist but he was in his underwear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies