Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2022, 10:04 AM

9,511 posts, read 16,448,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
She also live in San Francisco and considering her position, it’s odd that there was no security. Not even an alarm system.
I agree it is very odd that someone in her position and having a house in San Francisco for years, would not have proper security systems in place. She must be gone the majority of the time and staying in DC. I can't imagine the husband is primarily alone, in the San Francisco house all the time. Perhaps he is. It is very strange about no security in place in that home. I would think they would want 24 hour guards, and a very extensive Security System considering the danger she has been in. I would think it would be on the top of their to do list and immediately.

Old 10-29-2022, 10:07 AM

15,705 posts, read 9,468,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
That comes directly from the mouth of the Chief of Police at the press conference last night:

"When the officers arrived and knocked on the front door of the residence this morning, the door was opened by someone inside. And thru the open door the officers observed Mr Pelosi and Mr DePape"
That leads to several interpretations. Maybe the cops stood there for a second trying to ascertain what was happening. We do not know how far away the two men were from the door or how long it took the cops to walk in.

So what happened to the third person who opened the door? Did they not try to help Pelosi before or after the police arrived? Did they not interact with the police after they let them in? Enquiring minds want to knmow. Maybe there was a third person there. We don't know. But in my mind, it does not add up that a third persn was there and the police never mentioned it.

Old 10-29-2022, 10:08 AM

17,198 posts, read 14,482,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
Perhaps DePape opened the door and then stepped back toward Mr. Pelosi, wrested the hammer from him, and began hitting him over the head in front of the police as they were trying to assess what was happening. It was 2:30 in the morning, so it was dark, and there was confusion. I don't know why this is such a source of controversy. You all have been watching too many episodes of CSI.

There are numerous plot holes at this point - not just the unnamed "someone" who opened the door.

You guys are pretty creative, I'll give you that ... filling in every plot hole with things that don't make a bit of sense.

Old 10-29-2022, 10:13 AM

15,705 posts, read 9,468,587 times
Quote:
You guys are pretty creative, I'll give you that ... filling in every plot hole with things that don't make a bit of sense.
But that's exactly what you guys are doing. You're creating a scenario where they were gay lovers or drug users and then creating a third person ho no one else has even said was there.

Old 10-29-2022, 10:14 AM

2,545 posts, read 1,127,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappy001 View Post
I'll bet my mortgage payment that there is home security video footage of EVERYTHING. Will show Paul's special male friend getting upset when Paul wants to cut off the relationship. Paul tries to deescalate him by saying Nancy is home. You know the rest of the script.

You know the old saying, when the cat is away the mouse will play.
LOL well who knows. We don't always know what people are up to in the privacy of their home. But if this were to be true I seriously doubt Mr. Pelosi would call the police and risk exposure to the public. Although it would explain the lack of security.

Old 10-29-2022, 10:15 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,154,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
But that's exactly what you guys are doing. You're creating a scenario where they were gay lovers or drug users and then creating a third person ho no one else has even said was there.
Look at this:
Quote:
San Francisco police say the suspect, later identified as David DePape, forced entry to the Pelosi house via a rear door... According to a person briefed on the case, who spoke with The Washington Post on the condition of anonymity to describe the details, DePape was searching for Speaker Pelosi when he entered, shouting out, “Where is Nancy?”

Police were dispatched at 2:27 a.m. Friday to a break-in at the Pelosi home, Police Chief Scott said, adding that police knocked on arrival, and the front door was opened “by someone inside.” Police saw the suspect struggling with Pelosi, with each man having “one hand on a single hammer.” Police, who were watching from outside the doorway, told both men to drop the hammer, at which point DePape “immediately pulled the hammer away” and “violently attacked” Pelosi with it, Scott said.

Police then tackled and disarmed DePape and arrested him, while requesting paramedic and emergency backup. Scott said DePape would be charged with attempted homicide, assault with a deadly weapon, elder abuse and burglary, among other offenses.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...-david-depape/

Old 10-29-2022, 10:15 AM

17,198 posts, read 14,482,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I didn't create a 3rd person - the chief of police did.

Old 10-29-2022, 10:21 AM

35,521 posts, read 17,814,505 times
Quote:
I didn't create a 3rd person - the chief of police did.
No, he didn't.

It may be as simple as the Chief didn't have that detail immediately at hand. Wasn't sure who opened the door, but in the police report there was no need for police to break down the door.

They were let in.

That very fine level of detail doesn't always come out immediately.

On the other hand, maybe there was a 3rd person there. We don't know yet.

Old 10-29-2022, 10:22 AM

15,311 posts, read 8,918,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
This is a fair point.. but the media is almost completely myopic in assuming this attack is political.
Crazy isn't it? Somebody breaks into the home of the #3 political leader in the country and demands to speak to that person, and the liberal media just jumps to the conclusion that it's political. Maybe the guy was just a neighbor who wanted to borrow a cup of sugar.

Old 10-29-2022, 10:23 AM

35,521 posts, read 17,814,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
This is a fair point.. but the media is almost completely myopic in assuming this attack is political. So it will probably be left to non-media citizens to investigate and/or speculate on the possibility this was an interpersonal dispute, not a politically motivated attack.
The mainstream media is worthless.. why are they taking Paul's claim at face value that the guy yelled "Where's Nancy?" [Or was that recorded on the 911 call?]
Apparently that last thing you said. The dispatcher heard it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.