Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2022, 07:10 AM

17,644 posts, read 6,923,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The traditional sign of a rout is when the losing party turns on itself and its platform. You see pols criticize the members of their party in power and even tell voters they will not go along with its treasured policies. We see inklings of this in how most Democrats will not allow the Biden n’ Kamala circus to stop in their towns. It’s remarkable how all these candidates discover something really important to do when their prezzy shows up in their state besides be seen with him. One rare exception was when Fetterman/Fetterman’s Wife/Fetterman’s Lump allowed itself to be photographed with the crusty president. In typical Biden fashion, he helpfully told the world that he thought Fetterman’s wife would make a great addition to the Senate. Rumor has it that Fetterman’s Lump was so insulted by the slight that it will be voting for Dr. Oz.
Quote:
No, Democrat ideology has become a pagan religion where it was once merely a way to get power. Most candidates cannot back off from the stupidest Democrat policy planks even at the cost of their electoral lives. They cannot demand more drilling to get gas and oil prices down because that is heresy toward the angry weather goddess. They cannot support cops because that’s racist. They cannot come out against perverts in woman's faces waving their junk in toddlers’ faces at “family friendly drag shows” because pedo-shaming is a no-go for libs. They are locked into insanity.

They cannot run. They cannot hide. They must figuratively die with their Birkenstocks on.
Link: https://townhall.com/columnists/kurt...-rout-n2614881

Kurt Schlichter is always entertaining. Hopefully he's right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2022, 07:15 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,600,110 times
The only thing the Dems have is the map is very favorable in the Senate. (Meaning many blue states in play are pretty safe)

Oz and Walker may even squeak out wins. Terrible choices, but they may win despite being weak. GA should have been a walkover win.

Old 10-24-2022, 07:17 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
'locked into insanity' sums up the situation very well.

Old 10-24-2022, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
The only thing the Dems have is the map is very favorable in the Senate. (Meaning many blue states in play are pretty safe)

Oz and Walker may even squeak out wins. Terrible choices, but they may win despite being weak. GA should have been a walkover win.
The 2022 map is definitely a tough one for Republicans. The 2024 map is going to be brutal for the Democrats. And with Biden or Harris at the top of the ticket, it will probably get very, very ugly for the Democrats in the Senate.

Quote:
Senate Democrats are staring down the risk of their own Great Resignation in 2024.

Even as the caucus pushes to expand a 50-50 majority this fall, it’s bracing for a fight to defend 23 seats to the GOP’s 10 in the next election cycle — many of them in red and purple territory. Against that backdrop, at least eight members of Chuck Schumer’s caucus are agonizing over whether to run again, and a couple hail from states that may be lost to the GOP if the incumbent bows out.
Link: https://www.politico.com/news/2022/1...ction-00060062

Old 10-24-2022, 07:21 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,770,332 times
While I hope it is true, I will believe it when I see it.

I have learned two important things:

1) Never underestimate Joe's ability to f^ck things up.

2) Never underestimate Republican's ability to snatch defeat from certain victory.

Usually #2 counteracts #1. Let's hope this time it doesn't.

Old 10-24-2022, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
While I hope it is true, I will believe it when I see it.

I have learned two important things:

1) Never underestimate Joe's ability to f^ck things up.

2) Never underestimate Republican's ability to snatch defeat from certain victory.

Usually #2 counteracts #1. Let's hope this time it doesn't.
#3 - Never underestimate the ability of the Democrats to come up with thousands of mail in ballots in deep blue cities and states.

Old 10-24-2022, 07:22 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,770,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
#3 - Never underestimate the ability of the Democrats to come up with thousands of mail in ballots in deep blue cities and states.
And then there is that.

Old 10-24-2022, 07:49 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
16 Charts Explain Why Democrats' Midterm Prospects Are Melting Like ICE

Old 10-24-2022, 08:59 AM

21,151 posts, read 19,736,448 times
I've already braced myself for the Democrats' post-election self-loathing, "Where did we go wrong?"

...as if it is not already obvious.

Old 10-24-2022, 09:02 AM

5,946 posts, read 2,765,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post

RCP is predicting a GOP pick-up of 3 in the Senate.

I don't know if I believe that. Too many ultra tight races in GA, PA, NV, AZ for example.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...rojection.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies