Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2022, 07:41 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times

Advertisements

Good for those workers!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/kr...sv1plustaskbar

Quote:
The Kroger supermarket chain will pay $180,000 to settle a religious discrimination lawsuit after two former employees alleged they were fired from an Arkansas grocery store in 2019 for refusing to wear logos they thought resembled a rainbow Pride flag.

The settlement was reached earlier this week and announced Thursday by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the federal agency that investigates allegations of job discrimination on the basis of legally protected classes, such as race, sex or religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2022, 07:43 PM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times
great ruling.

Old 10-28-2022, 07:45 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Hmm...depends on the details, but I could see the argument being made successfully. How would the other side feel if folks got fired for not wearing a pro-trump or anti-abortion pin? On the other hand...if it just resembled one if you had to squint hard.....maybe not. OK now lets read it and see if they give details.

And of course when you read it....there was nothing to do with the pride flag at all, and yeah you had to squint. Additionally Kroger had documentation covering how it was made, etc. This should not have succeeded.

Old 10-28-2022, 07:58 PM

4,546 posts, read 2,268,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Hmm...depends on the details, but I could see the argument being made successfully. How would the other side feel if folks got fired for not wearing a pro-trump or anti-abortion pin? On the other hand...if it just resembled one if you had to squint hard.....maybe not. OK now lets read it and see if they give details.

And of course when you read it....there was nothing to do with the pride flag at all, and yeah you had to squint. Additionally Kroger had documentation covering how it was made, etc. This should not have succeeded.

Here is the difference. As someone from the “other side” I would never have that expectation.

Old 10-28-2022, 08:27 PM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Just stick to clothing showing just the store name, logo, and colors.

A retailer or grocery store should avoid all things political.

All things WOKE or Far Right wing.

Be boring, with good food choices, Kroger.

Old 10-28-2022, 08:34 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
Good ruling. We need to keep religion out of the schools and workplace, and that includes the left's new religion of the woke. I won't be told I need to wear rainbow this, inclusion that, even though I am fairly inclusive, it's the principal of the matter. The left have too much power and they are not using that power wisely, they are abusing it like low consciousness individuals.

Old 10-28-2022, 08:43 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,363,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
The key - "..allegedly resembling a pride flag" - has anyone actually looked at the logo in question? Did anyone scroll down to look in the link provided?

Apparently not the jury but the intelligence of the average American has been going down for many years now. Of course I wouldn't expect yahoos to know what a gay pride flag looked like - apparently any stripes not red white and blue (even if in the shape of a heart) means it's gay. Makes me think they don't teach science anymore in grade school if people don't even know the colors of the rainbow or that ROY G BIV helps you remember (Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Indigo Violet).

Old 10-29-2022, 12:10 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,952,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Just stick to clothing showing just the store name, logo, and colors.

A retailer or grocery store should avoid all things political.

All things WOKE or Far Right wing.

Be boring, with good food choices, Kroger.
It was a 4 colored heart. Look at the pic in the article.

Kroger gave into 2 religious nuts.

Old 10-29-2022, 01:06 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
A bit of a stretch but the Rainbow has being associated with the alphabet groups. Kroger was dumb to make them wear it. Err on the side of caution.

Old 10-29-2022, 01:36 AM

4,901 posts, read 2,055,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
It was a 4 colored heart. Look at the pic in the article.

Kroger gave into 2 religious nuts.
I’m not a religious nut or have any issues with the Alphabet crew, but I would also refuse to wear the rainbow color too, along with many other symbols.

Businesses need to stick to doing business and stay out politics, Left or Right, and WOKE-ism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies