Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2022, 12:40 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,149,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
"They're not trying so hard to violate your rights anymore, just a little, so what's your problem?"

That's just the first thing wrong with your take. Don't need/not going to get into the outright fraud regarding the safety and efficacy of the shots.
I appreciate those who have detailed how they have been forced to get the vaccine against their will because that has not been my experience. TIL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2022, 12:50 PM

4,541 posts, read 2,265,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
you apparently didn't hear the stories in California.

the skatepark filled with sand https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/22/us/sk...rnd/index.html

a lone paddleboarder, out on the ocean https://www.latimes.com/california/s...virus-closures

etc, etc.

Did they not keep playgrounds (swingsets, jungle gyms, the like) closed where you where? As I mentioned above, by the end of April, they knew that was unnecessary.

Did you see the movie about social networks and how they filter news to certain people so that different people see different news? I think this is the case with some of these people. How could they NOT have heard these stories? They were everywhere - except on left leaning sites I guess.

For a brief period of time, my coastal town in FL said that we could go to the beach but that we could not sit on the beach on a towel or in a chair. I love to go to the beach so my husband and I said screw that, let's go to the beach and sit on it and see what happens. We have to go up stairs cross a boardwalk area and go back down stairs to get on the beach. As we got to the top of the of the stair we looked out and saw tons of people sitting on the beach and the lifeguards and beach patrol did nothing. It gave me a great feeling.

Old 11-02-2022, 12:52 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,655,217 times
"Amnesty this!" .... pulls out a rocket launcher.

Old 11-02-2022, 01:29 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,926,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
Did you see the movie about social networks and how they filter news to certain people so that different people see different news? I think this is the case with some of these people. How could they NOT have heard these stories? They were everywhere - except on left leaning sites I guess.

For a brief period of time, my coastal town in FL said that we could go to the beach but that we could not sit on the beach on a towel or in a chair. I love to go to the beach so my husband and I said screw that, let's go to the beach and sit on it and see what happens. We have to go up stairs cross a boardwalk area and go back down stairs to get on the beach. As we got to the top of the of the stair we looked out and saw tons of people sitting on the beach and the lifeguards and beach patrol did nothing. It gave me a great feeling.
OK, I'm not calling you a liar, but I find it hard to believe that your town said you could go to the beach but you couldn't sit down, because that makes absolutely no sense. So when these anecdotes come out, I assume they are either fake news or some kind of misunderstanding. And I've seen many examples of fake news sites (mostly right wing BTW) running stories that sound shocking or unbelievable - because they're not true.

Old 11-02-2022, 01:34 PM

3,113 posts, read 937,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
OK, I'm not calling you a liar, but I find it hard to believe that your town said you could go to the beach but you couldn't sit down, because that makes absolutely no sense. So when these anecdotes come out, I assume they are either fake news or some kind of misunderstanding. And I've seen many examples of fake news sites (mostly right wing BTW) running stories that sound shocking or unbelievable - because they're not true.
They issued that order in Miami Beach shortly after they opened the beaches. It was never enforced. The idea was you couldn’t bunch up on the sand, so you could only go to the beach for exercise or to dip into the water.

Old 11-02-2022, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
Anthony Fauci co-wrote an article which was published in the February 26, 2020 edition of The New England Journal of Medicine. I hereby provide an excerpt with a URL to the article in its entirety.

On the basis of a case definition requiring a diagnosis of pneumonia, the currently reported case fatality rate is approximately 2%.4 In another article in the Journal, Guan et al.5 report mortality of 1.4% among 1099 patients with laboratory-confirmed Covid-19; these patients had a wide spectrum of disease severity. If one assumes that the number of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic cases is several times as high as the number of reported cases, the case fatality rate may be considerably less than 1%. This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968) rather than a disease similar to SARS or MERS, which have had case fatality rates of 9 to 10% and 36%, respectively.

Based on this article, it was evident and clear Fauci himself believed the infection fatality rate for Covid-19 was extremely low, something "akin to [those] of a severe seasonal influenza."

The problem is that you and the rest of those whom you define as "lot of us" who claim to have done with the best information that you had and were given is that you were lied to through the teeth of those whom you trusted.
Regardless if the mortality rate was 10% or 1% or 0.1%, the fact is that over 1 million Americans died from Covid-19. That is many times more than die from influenza each year. So if Fauci thought it was similar to a seasonal flu, he would soon find out it is much more serious than that.

Old 11-02-2022, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
They issued that order in Miami Beach shortly after they opened the beaches. It was never enforced. The idea was you couldn’t bunch up on the sand, so you could only go to the beach for exercise or to dip into the water.
Oh, so the order was to prevent close contact, or to keep people from staying for a long time. Not a terrible idea, but hard to enforce.

Old 11-02-2022, 01:51 PM

4,541 posts, read 2,265,157 times
Quote:

behold the stupidity

https://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/lo...es/3035464001/

"City beaches, along with Indian River County public beaches, successfully opened Tuesday with restrictions on some activities and large gatherings, Mayor Tony Young said during the weekly update he hosts with City Manager Monte Falls.

"People are happy about that," he said.

Beachgoers continue to follow social distancing, Young said.

"Last month, public beaches were closed amid safety concerns related to the coronavirus pandemic. City parks and boat ramps have remained open.

The most frequently asked question: when will people be allowed to bring chairs, blankets and coolers to the beach?

"That's not too far away," Falls said.

Old 11-02-2022, 01:52 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,328,439 times
Quote:
Regardless if the mortality rate was 10% or 1% or 0.1%, the fact is that over 1 million Americans died from Covid-19. That is many times more than die from influenza each year. So if Fauci thought it was similar to a seasonal flu, he would soon find out it is much more serious than that.
“The overwhelming number of (Covid) deaths, over 75%, occurred in people who had at least four co-morbidities. So really these are people who were unwell to begin with.”
- CDC Director Rochelle Wallensky

Old 11-02-2022, 06:19 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,728,957 times
Quote:
Oh, so the order was to prevent close contact, or to keep people from staying for a long time. Not a terrible idea, but hard to enforce.
Very much a terrible idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies