Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2022, 06:24 PM

12,386 posts, read 8,146,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
I just read that somewhere. I wonder why, if it is even true.

Just guessing but it is possible that Iran is blaming Saudi Arabia (among others) for fueling the unrest that is going on in Iran right now. Not sure why because Saudi Arabia is hardly a champion of woman's rights but the two countries are basically enemies so who knows.

Another factor is that the Saudis have pissed off the USA, their main protector so maybe the Iranians think it is a good time to strike at Saudi Arabia. And for the Iranian leadership, they might think it would take attention off internal problems in Iran and put it outside the country if they cause a showdown with Saudi Arabia.
Well I guess if you're going to "wag the dog" you won't do it with a nation that really might support your opposition. The enemy who is the enemy of my enemy can only expect so much support before before the patron pulls their support
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2022, 06:27 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
..but remember when Trump was going to get us into a war?
A weak, feckless president invites all the tyrants in the world to press their advantage.

Liberals are too dumb to understand that their weakness, devotion to "wokeness" over strength and resolve, makes the world a VERY DANGEROUS PLACE.

Rogue nations are always delighted to have democrats in office, as they can press their agendas at the peril of the rest of the world.

Ever wonder why all the evil nations of the world SUPPORT DEMOCRATS running for office in the US?:smac k:

Old 11-01-2022, 06:28 PM

2,658 posts, read 1,180,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamhammer View Post
Pretty much. Not just Brandon but the circus of freaks in the cabinet he created. Jesus if I was country of any importance I would be drawing up plans for world domination .
*cough* Putin, China, N. Korea*cough*

Old 11-01-2022, 06:31 PM

16,554 posts, read 10,621,516 times
Quote:
Iran is threatening strike on Saudi Arabia
Not really seeing a downside. They've both been thorns in our sides for decades, and if they take each other out, the world would be a better place. Oh, wait, we're dependent on their oil. Darn, wouldn't it have been nice if we could have been energy independent. But we're not, now that the adults are back in charge.

Old 11-01-2022, 06:43 PM

4,857 posts, read 2,670,979 times
Iran is trying to deflect from their internal problems..I hope their protesters keep up their good work..I'm all for starting another proxy war and wiping out the whole ruling class..

Old 11-01-2022, 08:28 PM

938 posts, read 423,985 times
Let them fight it out.

I’ve said since I got back from the Gulf War.

We should have taken that oil. Iraq oil. Run it through Kuwait and boated it out of there.

Heck. I did get the three country tour all expenses paid. In, the desert with tents. So what do I know?

Old 11-01-2022, 08:49 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,247,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Well I guess if you're going to "wag the dog" you won't do it with a nation that really might support your opposition. The enemy who is the enemy of my enemy can only expect so much support before before the patron pulls their support
Yes, it will be interesting to see if the Saudi's learn a lesson from this.

Old 11-01-2022, 09:27 PM

9,470 posts, read 10,800,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
A weak, feckless president invites all the tyrants in the world to press their advantage.

Liberals are too dumb to understand that their weakness, devotion to "wokeness" over strength and resolve, makes the world a VERY DANGEROUS PLACE.

Rogue nations are always delighted to have democrats in office, as they can press their agendas at the peril of the rest of the world.

Ever wonder why all the evil nations of the world SUPPORT DEMOCRATS running for office in the US?:smac k:
This could not be more true. Weakness invites war. The American government appears weak. Saudi Arabia has offended the western governments by slowing oil production during a time of fuel shortages, Iran knows the west may choose to not help Saudi Arabia right now so this is their chance. I suspect there is some truth to this story, something very well may happen between Iran and Saudi Arabia. Weakness is in the air, the predators can smell it.

Old 11-01-2022, 10:51 PM

1,212 posts, read 732,699 times
It's the Houthi in Yemen that have been attacking Saudi Arabia.

To directly blame Iran for the attacks would be the formulation of a new foreign policy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies