Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2022, 06:57 AM

1,711 posts, read 807,770 times

Advertisements

Illegal search and siesure.

I think you may have done something wrong. Not sure what so I'm going to search your house looking for something, anything. And I'm going to tell the world about everything in your house. Maybe you have some kinky undies or sex toys. Maybe we'll find some awkward meds in your cabinet. Maybe your religious activities don't align with your public persona. Maybe you and the little lady are sleeping apart.

We'll tell everyone and if you delay letting us in it is because you know you are guilty.

Old 11-02-2022, 07:00 AM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
If Trump is truly 120% innocent like you Republicans claim then why does he whinning like a little baby say it is a hoax then he delays eveything. He should just welcome everything and say your wasting your time I am the most innocent person ever he is not doing this hum.
You haven't a clue how to run or what is involved in running a WORLD WIDE SUCCESSFUL business!

Old 11-02-2022, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post
They will not do that with Biden - having Camila in charge would be even worse.
"having Camila in charge would be even worse."

They could impeach her NEXT. What has she done as the border "czar"?

Then a repub would take over if they win the House.

Old 11-02-2022, 07:05 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,185,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Ok. NOBODY dislikes Trump more than I do, but I'm not sure why the House has a right to a former President's tax records?
It says so in the law.

Old 11-02-2022, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
26 USC 6103,

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/26/6103

"(f)Disclosure to Committees of Congress
(1)Committee on Ways and Means, Committee on Finance, and Joint Committee on Taxation
Upon written request from the chairman of the Committee on Ways and Means of the House of Representatives, the chairman of the Committee on Finance of the Senate, or the chairman of the Joint Committee on Taxation, the Secretary shall furnish such committee with any return or return information specified in such request, except that any return or return information which can be associated with, or otherwise identify, directly or indirectly, a particular taxpayer shall be furnished to such committee only when sitting in closed executive session unless such taxpayer otherwise consents in writing to such disclosure."

Being a "political opponent" is not specified as a valid reason for noncompliance in this law.

Why is Mr. Trump above the law? Is he special because he is a former President?

Can you show me the legal exception? The law is very complex, maybe he has an actual, legal reason for asking for that exception? This would help educate us all.
"Why is Mr. Trump above the law?"

Why is hillary.

She had a PRIVATE sever to do OFFICIAL gov't business on it. Which is AGAINST the law.

She received, had and sent CLASSIFIED material from it. Which is AGAINST the law.

I thought the left supported "NO ONE is ABOVE the law"? And EQUAL justice?

Old 11-02-2022, 07:14 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
I just can’t fathom the people who think Trump gets to say ‘no’ because of his previous status.
Probably because you don't understand the actual legal issue at play.

Hint: Look up what "coequal" means, and then figure out why I had you look it up.

Old 11-02-2022, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
When was the last time that we had a "shady" several businesses owner in office? Who the heck wants a thief in the office? When you fudge as much as he did on his taxes to put the tax burden on those less fortunate is a sin. Someone has to pick up his share of taxes.
"When was the last time that we had a "shady" several businesses owner in office?

Sorry your very biased OPINION, does NOT count!

"When you fudge as much as he did on his taxes. Prove it.

If what you say is true, then you already HAVE all the data they need, so, send it to them and why would the house need more?

Your "expertise" should be enough!

Old 11-02-2022, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
I thought I remember Trump promising he would disclose his taxes? Okay, fair enough he isn't in office now. However he should show them if he wants to run again and keep his promise. In the future it should be a requirement for anybody running for federal office, no exceptions.

I don't think it will prove Trump did anything criminal but I do think they would show the extent of his dishonesty about how successful he is and it would be an embarrassment. I think many conservatives know this and that's why they hope it never gets out.

He can keep it secret if he goes away. That works for me or he should keep his promise.
"I thought I remember Trump promising he would disclose his taxes?"

Provide when he said "promise".

If I say I am going to the store, then change my mind, is that lying? Don't think so.

Old 11-02-2022, 07:25 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Don't you anti-trumpers remember that rachel madcow had trumps tax returns from 2005? And they actual shown that trump had an effective tax rate of 25% and he paid taxes that year of $38,000,000?

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/14/trum...2005-form.html

Again, damn the left has short memories.

And good for Justice Roberts.

Old 11-02-2022, 07:26 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Why is Mr. Trump above the law?"

Why is hillary.

She had a PRIVATE sever to do OFFICIAL gov't business on it. Which is AGAINST the law.

She received, had and sent CLASSIFIED material from it. Which is AGAINST the law.

I thought the left supported "NO ONE is ABOVE the law"? And EQUAL justice?
That she was running a private server is the least of the problems on that issue.

The security (or lack thereof) of that server is a much bigger deal than its existence.

The fact that she deleted tens of thousands of documents which were under subpoena is a MUCH bigger deal. Her claim that they were personal is irrelevant - that's for the judge to determine. The claim from her supporters that she didn't know she wasn't supposed to destroy them is objectively false - Hillary Clinton has a doctorate in law from Yale and she's an exceptional lawyer.

I don't care if she's prosecuted for running the server. I really don't. The wilful destruction of evidence under subpoena is a much, much higher priority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies