Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2022, 01:55 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
One thing I have noticed. No one from Philadelphia has bothered to refute this, confirm this, or defend themselves. Total silence. If it were me and I felt slighted, my first idea would be to speak on this.
It's a badge of honor to them and they really don't care
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2022, 01:56 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
The ones who vote for him have no idea what the Phillies are. They are watching soccer and women’s basketball.

Old 11-03-2022, 09:16 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The ones who vote for him have no idea what the Phillies are. They are watching soccer and women’s basketball.
Do you know this for a fact?

Old 11-03-2022, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Lol. It’s always because Trump no matter what the subject.
Uh, no. It's because we have plenty of nutcases on both sides of the political aisle. If all you got out of my post was "Trump's on his mind", then it I think you are the one with a problem.

Old 11-03-2022, 09:22 PM

Quote:
He actually got something right, though their reputation does precede them.
One thing I've noticed. Maybe one person who is actually from Philadelphia has spoken on this forum. One. I don't see many people from Philadelphia trying to explain anything. I know if there were people talking trash about Black people, I will be speaking up.

As someone who has never been to Philadelphia, everything I'm hearing on these forums, not to mention from individuals who have been to Philadelphia, isn't given me the best impression of Philadelphia. But since I've never been to Philadelphia, I think Philadelphians need to chime in, explain some things that persons who have never been to Philly possibly don't understand. Personally, I have a friend from the Philly area. She talks nicely about Philadelphia (at least what she's experienced). She doesn't fit the stereotype of rude, crass, and crazy that Philadelphia is currently being stereotyped as. I've been kind of nervous about asking her about it though.

Old 11-03-2022, 09:23 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Uh, no. It's because we have plenty of nutcases on both sides of the political aisle. If all you got out of my post was "Trump's on his mind", then it I think you are the one with a problem.
Except you’re always complaining about because Trump, even in a Sleepy Joe criticizing Phillies fans thread

Quote:
One thing I've noticed. Maybe one person who is actually from Philadelphia has spoken on this forum. One. I don't see many people from Philadelphia trying to explain anything. I know if there were people talking trash about Black people, I will be speaking up.

As someone who has never been to Philadelphia, everything I'm hearing on these forums, not to mention from individuals who have been to Philadelphia, isn't given me the best impression of Philadelphia. But since I've never been to Philadelphia, I think Philadelphians need to chime in, explain some things that persons who have never been to Philly possibly don't understand.
It’s quite obvious, because what he said about them is true…and no surprise you would bring something so ridiculous up as nobody said anything about black people

Go to the Philly forum would be the obvious thing to do and inquire there

Old 11-03-2022, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Except you’re always complaining about because Trump, even in a Sleepy Joe criticizing Phillies fans thread
I was responding to someone claiming that being crass was particular to Biden supporters. I disagree. And no, I didn't vote for Biden. I was responding to someone else's ignorance. This is not "because Trump". This is in response to what I see is pure ignorance on someone else's part. Being crass and nasty isn't limited to Biden supporters. I am talking about THIS PARTICULAR instance. I'm sick of having to explain myself.

Old 11-03-2022, 09:29 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
I was responding to someone claiming that being crass was particular to Biden supporters. I disagree. And no, I didn't vote for Biden. I was responding to someone else's ignorance. This is not "because Trump". This is in response to what I see is pure ignorance on someone else's part. Being crass and nasty isn't limited to Biden supporters. I am talking about THIS PARTICULAR instance. I'm sick of having to explain myself.
You’re always explaining yourself because you constantly bring up because Trump just like you did in this thread, and then deflect as to why you did it. If you don’t want to have to explain yourself, don’t, or simply don’t continue to bring him up.

Old 11-03-2022, 09:30 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Lol. It’s always because Trump no matter what the subject.
nailed it.

Old 11-03-2022, 09:33 PM

2,045 posts, read 785,408 times
Quote:

Go to the Philly forum would be the obvious thing to do and inquire there
The people there aren't real Philadelphians, they're transplants who think the city begins and ends in Center City and whatever trendy part of South Philly they live in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies