Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2022, 10:16 PM

11,504 posts, read 6,008,999 times

Advertisements

Masks = virtue signaling.

Fine by me. As long as they are not mandated for we who don't want to wear them, I could not care less who wears useless masks in public today. If it makes the paranoid feel better, that is their business.

I do laugh at it however.

You see 100 people somewhere and 2 are masked up and it is not as if the other 98 are falling like flies. But hey, if reducing your oxygen intake in public for the rest of your life helps you sleep at night, have at it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2022, 10:37 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Masks = virtue signaling.

Fine by me. As long as they are not mandated for we who don't want to wear them, I could not care less who wears useless masks in public today. If it makes the paranoid feel better, that is their business.

I do laugh at it however.

You see 100 people somewhere and 2 are masked up and it is not as if the other 98 are falling like flies. But hey, if reducing your oxygen intake in public for the rest of your life helps you sleep at night, have at it.
Why do you laugh since you have no idea why they wear one. We have so many Asians in our country who have worn them for years. Did you laugh at them as well.

Old 11-03-2022, 05:15 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
I'm watching Fed Chairman Powell speak live and many in the media are STILL WEARING MASKS? What's up with that?

Do they not believe in the science now?
To protect themselves from the BS he's spewing.

Old 11-04-2022, 08:41 AM

8,420 posts, read 4,578,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
There are no mandates anymore. If some want to continue wearing masks so what. It doesn't affect you at all so why make fun of them.
The fact that there WERE mandates is the point. The left now either pretends there were no mandates or wants to play nice and talk about the virtues of choice. Very convenient position but I think this is a "teaching moment" for them. I'd hate to let it go to waste.

Old 11-04-2022, 08:51 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Lots of people are still wearing masks. Why is that a problem for you?

Just today the SCOTUS allowed a mask mandate rule for the TSA to stay in force.
Agreed. Having my mask around my neck is part of my daily routine for getting dressed. For whatever doctor's office I walk into, have to be in lots of them, lots of people are wearing masks and I follow their practices, their rules.

Now, as far as "science" goes.......who in their right mind believes the news anymore?

Old 11-04-2022, 08:55 AM

8,631 posts, read 9,139,445 times
Kind of off subject....A vlogger I watch on YouTube named "Gabriel Traveler" who travels all over the world is now in Japan. Everyone is wearing a mask outside, in the Cities and out in the country,,,,everyone. Gabriel has chosen not to wear a mask outside but does inside. Apparently one has a choice outside but not inside. I realize they are very close to China. I'm curious to know the mindset of the Japanese people in regards to this virus and perhaps dealing with nasty things coming out of China for decades. Paranoia perhaps?

Old 11-04-2022, 08:58 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,400,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
It really doesnt matter why they are doing it though. If they want to do it they can. You dont have to so why worry about others wearing one? It really seems like a silly thing to worry about.
It is their right to wear masks and his right to comment on it. Your point is silly.

Old 11-04-2022, 09:02 AM

5,935 posts, read 2,762,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
The military requires masks on airplanes.

Masks are required at the McMurdo base in Antarctica in an effort to stop the spread of Covid. A friend who is working there says there are 90 active cases out of 1000 people on base.
So mask wearers in Antarctica have a rather large outbreak. Hmm, seems like masks aren't effective. No?

Old 11-04-2022, 09:04 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,793,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
So mask wearers in Antarctica have a rather large outbreak. Hmm, seems like masks aren't effective. No?
It's a cult. Logic has no place in cultish thinking.

Old 11-04-2022, 11:49 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Why anyone wears or doesn't wear a mask is none of your business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies