Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2022, 05:24 AM

21,474 posts, read 10,575,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas75 View Post
Republicans have a lock on legislative control in Wisconsin due to favorable maps and Democrats being heavily concentrated in Milwaukee and Dane counties. Thus there is virtually no chance of more liberal oriented policies being implemented in the state, even if Democrats control statewide offices like governor and attorney general. Maybe that is something to think about for swing voters who are not pleased with the Biden administration but aren't particularly enthused about empowering hard right Republicans either, so they may split their tickets and opt for keeping Evers as governor and Johnson as senator.
Democrats need a huge shellacking so they can reform their party. They need to dump the “justice” wing of their party because they’re incompetent and have no idea how a functioning government is supposed to work. Once the democrats get them out then they can be a viable option again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2022, 06:01 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Republicans have a lock on legislative control in Wisconsin due to favorable maps and Democrats being heavily concentrated in Milwaukee and Dane counties. Thus there is virtually no chance of more liberal oriented policies being implemented in the state, even if Democrats control statewide offices like governor and attorney general. Maybe that is something to think about for swing voters who are not pleased with the Biden administration but aren't particularly enthused about empowering hard right Republicans either, so they may split their tickets and opt for keeping Evers as governor and Johnson as senator.
"due to favorable maps"

You should check some of the maps in places that DEMS control.

How do you think the dems controlled the House for 40 straight YEARS?

My county was split 4 ways into majority dem areas so our votes meant NOTHING!

Old 11-04-2022, 06:34 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
We have one running for governor in Pa. who said he can decertify voting machines if he doesn`t like the outcome of an election. He was at trump`s Steal an Election rally/riot. Maybe it`s just me but I don`t think insurrectionists should be on any ballot.
https://thedispatch.com/article/fact...mastriano-say/
Here's the partial quote...

“I get to appoint the secretary of the state, who’s delegated to…making corrections to elections, the voting logs & everything. I could decertify every machine in the state with a stroke of a pen…”

[soundcloud=400]1269415267[/soundcloud]

Nothing about "if he doesn`t like the outcome of an election" in the partial quote or the recording which must mean that you made that part up.

But while we're on the subject, do you not know the states are charged with conducting and certifying their own elections?

Maybe it's just me, but it seems Democrats are preemptively villainizing the questioning of election results and there can only be one reason for that, they plan to cheat.

Old 11-04-2022, 07:31 AM

3,162 posts, read 2,212,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"due to favorable maps"

You should check some of the maps in places that DEMS control.

How do you think the dems controlled the House for 40 straight YEARS?

My county was split 4 ways into majority dem areas so our votes meant NOTHING!
I'm fully aware that both parties practice gerrymandering, but the last couple decades it has worked greatly to the benefit of Republicans in far more states than Democrats. Heavily biased maps are not ideal in your location any more so than in Wisconsin today.

Old 11-04-2022, 09:21 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Every state is run by an election denier. Democrats deny the 2016 election as well as the 2000 election.
How many Democrats were arrested for trying to install a person as president who clearly lost an election? Were they beating up cops and smearing feces on the wall of our Capitol? Your deflection is really lame.

Old 11-04-2022, 12:42 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Here's the partial quote...

“I get to appoint the secretary of the state, who’s delegated to…making corrections to elections, the voting logs & everything. I could decertify every machine in the state with a stroke of a pen…”

[soundcloud=400]1269415267[/soundcloud]

Nothing about "if he doesn`t like the outcome of an election" in the partial quote or the recording which must mean that you made that part up.

But while we're on the subject, do you not know the states are charged with conducting and certifying their own elections?

Maybe it's just me, but it seems Democrats are preemptively villainizing the questioning of election results and there can only be one reason for that, they plan to cheat.
I villainize the questioning of election results because a lie about an election being stolen led to a violent insurrection on J6. After the election, when Trump`s indictment for that event comes, we`ll see the crazies rioting again.

Old 11-04-2022, 01:35 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,248,946 times
Quote:
I villainize the questioning of election results because a lie about an election being stolen led to a violent insurrection on J6. After the election, when Trump`s indictment for that event comes, we`ll see the crazies rioting again.
^^^This is the true 'Big Lie.' You bought in. We get it.

Turns out people get angry when they learn their votes were rendered meaningless. Have a gander at Brazil for a refresher course in this.

Old 11-04-2022, 01:39 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,241,918 times
You never hear Dems say crap like this...republicans don't believe in democracy...they are truly a threat to this nation.

Old 11-05-2022, 05:18 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
I'm fully aware that both parties practice gerrymandering, but the last couple decades it has worked greatly to the benefit of Republicans in far more states than Democrats. Heavily biased maps are not ideal in your location any more so than in Wisconsin today.
"but the last couple decades it has worked greatly to the benefit of Republicans. And?

Didn't the dems create them in the 1st place to favor themselves?

40 straight years the dems did and NO ONE on the left complained.

Please post ALL your posts complaining when the dem did it and STILL do so today.

They only way the repubs could get to do it was to take control from the dems at the voting booths.

But NOW?????? Oh the horror!

It's funny how so many on the left want to go back to the civil war and complain but a few decades is off limits.

Old 11-05-2022, 05:23 AM

4,509 posts, read 4,045,228 times
Quote:
We have one running for governor in Pa. who said he can decertify voting machines if he doesn`t like the outcome of an election. He was at trump`s Steal an Election rally/riot. Maybe it`s just me but I don`t think insurrectionists should be on any ballot.
https://thedispatch.com/article/fact...mastriano-say/
Awkward admission. How would voting machines change voting outcomes if they weren’t rigging it?

Insurrectionists? That’s a lot of Dems off the ballot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies