Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2022, 02:53 PM

21,096 posts, read 19,703,590 times

Advertisements

This thread has restored my faith in humanity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2022, 02:55 PM

15,070 posts, read 8,629,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
This happened to me in the early 90s
To me the magic moment occurred just after potty training. . Seriously, probably around my mid to late 30’s. Prior to that, I wasn’t very enamored with politics, as I considered most of them liars and crooks, and each side simply opposite sides of the same coin.

I’m not sure that sentiment has changed radically, other than how far into crazy town the left have entered these days, requiring a choice to be made. But while I resonate with the core positions of the Republican Party platform, I’m still dubious as to how many republicans are committed to them, and how many are just offering lip service.

Old 11-03-2022, 02:57 PM

18,010 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Quote:
I voted for Ronald Reagan when I was 18. I have not stumbled since wrt the things America does well.

Now President Trump has opened my eyes to how powerful and disgusting the Swamp and RINOs are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Whoa!
... , I always respect your posts as a liberal because you try to be fair and honest and often have some really good ideas and responses on other CD forums, but I take exception with the part I copied above.

Did you not know that the democrats recently tried to pass The Abortion on Demand Bill up to Birth??? thankfully the republicans got it stopped. Full term abortion is not abortion , it’s murder.
Many of the Dems currently running have stated plainly they accept full term abortion.
https://www.cassidy.senate.gov/newsr...on-up-to-birth

Also, Seattle, Portland, NYC and so many other Dem cities have proudly and vocally defunded the police. How are you not aware of this? My own city defunded the police and like those above now can’t recruit new officers because so many have quit.

If I am wrong or have missed something here — please show me the facts.
Thanks
You are right on the money Mountainrose. It must be a testament to the power of the msm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I’m not sure that sentiment has changed radically, other than how far into crazy town the left have entered these days, requiring a choice to be made....
For me, the democrat party headed into crazy town before or after or during the time they elected to use the KKK as their militia arm. In my mind, they've only gone downhill from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post

Explanation of "compromise"

Let's say that the United States of America is a nice cake with frosting on top. Let's call it our Constitutional Republic.

The Democrats come and say "Give me that cake". We reply: "No, it's the principles of which this great nation was founded on. "Let's compromise" the Democrats whine.

"What do we get out of it?" The Democrats tell us that we get to keep half of our cake. We reluctantly agree because of their constant whining.

Years later, we're sitting with half of our cake when the Democrats walk up and say "Gimmie that cake" again. We again decline. They again ask for compromise and what we get out of the deal would be that we get to keep half of what's left. We reluctantly agree again, just to shut them up. Now we're left with a quarter of our cake.

So now we're sitting in our corner with a quarter of our cake. The Democrats walk up and demand half of it again. The process repeats itself and now we're left with 1/8th of our original cake.

This continues until all that we're left with are stale old crumbs.
Then when those old biddies from the View watch a few of our Republicans try to eat some of our stale crumbs that are left, they say, "It's like roaches voting for Raid."

They all disgust me. : )

Last edited by McGowdog; 11-03-2022 at 03:09 PM..

Old 11-03-2022, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
This thread has restored my faith in humanity.
Faith is a good thing. Just avoid reading a lot of other threads, if you’d like to maintain it.

Old 11-03-2022, 02:59 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,939,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Whoa!
In_newEngland , I always respect your posts as a liberal because you try to be fair and honest and often have some really good ideas and responses on other CD forums, but I take exception with the part I copied above.

Did you not know that the democrats recently tried to pass The Abortion on Demand Bill up to Birth??? thankfully the republicans got it stopped. Full term abortion is not abortion , it’s murder.
Many of the Dems currently running have stated plainly they accept full term abortion.
https://www.cassidy.senate.gov/newsr...on-up-to-birth

Also, Seattle, Portland, NYC and so many other Dem cities have proudly and vocally defunded the police. How are you not aware of this? My own city defunded the police and like those above now can’t recruit new officers because so many have quit.

If I am wrong or have missed something here — please show me the facts.
Thanks
You could post this 1,000 times.

They will willingly and adamantly ignore it.

Happens every single time.

Old 11-03-2022, 03:14 PM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeBlowns View Post
Smells like a Copy/pasta
Is that copy pasta served with a nice Bolognese?

Old 11-03-2022, 03:19 PM

27,557 posts, read 28,652,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You could post this 1,000 times.

They will willingly and adamantly ignore it.

Happens every single time.
One thing I've found with Democrat politicians is they will say whatever they think will get them votes at any particular moment in time.

It is always a bait and switch situation with them. You're always left guessing about what they actually believe.

Old 11-03-2022, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Is that copy pasta served with a nice Bolognese?
Anchovy laced pesto paste.

Old 11-03-2022, 03:24 PM

31,027 posts, read 22,059,932 times
Quote:
Democrats of that time were very Centrist compared to today Now they want Transgender story hours, Parents out of their children's education, and Marxists Educators at the highest levels of education: Derrick Bell, Kimberly Krenshaw, Richard Delgado, and other wacked out Extremists. There were next to no Democrats in the 90s that would even call themselves Leftist, now they encourage it. It was easy to leave the Democrat Marxist leaning party at that time.

Old 11-03-2022, 03:29 PM

2,039 posts, read 853,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyGuHLV View Post
I grew up mostly around and with left leaning folks and I have started to learn that people from the right are not as the mainstream media likes to make them out as. These are my reasons why I am fed with the left..

- They like to pretend they support diversity but are EXTREMELY intolerant of anyone who has ideas or opinions that are not aligned with theirs. I have both leftwing and rightwing people in my life and the further people are to the left, the less willing they are to not only engage in discussion with people who disagree with them but they will shut them out of their lives in many cases.

- They like to think they are pro-science when they will blindly and immediately believe nearly anything without any skepticism or critical thinking whatsoever as long as a majority of fellow leftists are on board. Examples?

How biological differences between the sexes don't matter and someone can be considered a woman (or a man) simply because they feel like it. There is no greater criteria then self identification and while I understand the scientific arguments made, there is absolutely no attempt at rigor in making this determination other than one's feelings. If you disagree with this, or if you think perhaps the biological men should not be competing in women's sports or changing in women's locker rooms, you are vilified as a regressive bigot and a hater

Climate change and environmentalism has a become more of a cult and a religion. Any pretense at hard science has been taken over by advocacy and scare mongering. Any skeptical scientist is immediately derided as corrupt and the left seeks to cancel them and ruin their careers. The whole movement is essentially a giant circle jerk of self congratulatory virtue signaling. Green energy is nowhere NEAR ready to power out current civilization in the first place so implementing these green policies just creates the stupidity of the US importing it's energy on giant ships (which pollute heavily) and thinking that electric cars and windmills don't create other environmental problems such as mining for their materials and disposing of their waste.

The blind adherence to Tony Fauci and the whole covid narrative about vaccines an lockdowns! The more time that we have to self reflect on the utter debacle of our response, I realize I will never again allow myself to be lectured to by a leftist about science, medicine of the public good. My right wing friends and family who were more skeptical were more correct.

- The insane policy of being soft on crime and supporting nonsense like defund the police that has led many of our once beautiful cities to degrade into third world like conditions. I have travelled in third world countries that I felt safer in and who did a better job of managing their homeless than many parts of many of our major cities. What a surprise too that crime is at an all time high when criminal realize the police have been diminished and many liberals are happy to give reduced sentences to repeat offenders all in the name of being woke.

- Cancel culture and the whole woke agenda of recreational outrage that permeates the left. Let's cancel Harry Potter because the author said something you didn't like. Let's riot and destroy our college campus if they invite a speaker I disagree with. Let's physically attack people who wear T-shirts supporting the wrong political candidate
Here’s the thing my friend, you don’t have to be right wing. You don’t have to go to the extreme right. Just use common sense. If stuff doesn’t feel right to you, there’s a reason for that. I used to have many friends who were liberals. Liberals of the past. It’s pure extremism now. Radical in your face no respect my way or the highway and I just can’t deal with that. It’s gotten way too extreme and it reeks of the most hard-core Communism. When did you ever think in America you would have the White House saying they’re launching a “misinformation campaign“. Yes they will target some things that are misinformation but primarily their agenda is to shut down anyone that disagrees with them. This is as un-American as you can possibly get. I don’t care what your political affiliation is you should not support something like this. If you do, you might fit into their little narrative today but I guarantee you that you won’t down the road. And then you’ll be the target. Calling half of American terrorists, simply because they love America. It’s pure insanity what’s going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies