Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2022, 06:45 AM

3,408 posts, read 1,901,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
No one got what they wanted. The democrat party had FOUR YEARS to locate and position a good candidate to run against Trump in 2020, and they failed to do that.

So, well, I guess we'll vote for the dust mote then, and then in 4 years present a decent and responsible candidate to take Biden's position over in the next election.

I'm not seein' it yet. Not seeing anyone bubble up, although there MUST be qualified senators, congressmen, governors, etc., who would make a good candidate for President in 2024.
Frankly, just about ANYBODY would be better than Biden...except Harris!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2022, 06:47 AM

57,229 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Why is George Will relevant? He is as fake as his hair wig.
George Will is pretty even handed and I believe Biden will announce he is not running next year. Kamala is also a terrible candidate. I doubt Trump or Biden will run in 2024 but it's fun to speculate on this forum.

Trump would likely lose to a decent candidate if he did run, I would hope republicans had a better option.

Old 11-04-2022, 06:48 AM

3,408 posts, read 1,901,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Yep, a lot of fools out there would prefer to follow a demented, incompetent, pedophile into communism rather that reelect Trump, the best president this nation has had for decades.
Good work, you helped bring America down to it's present state.
Folks should be reminded that Trump's election was a statement against Obama, and his policies!

Old 11-04-2022, 06:52 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,215,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post
Unlike some I read this as sarcasm. Maybe I'm wrong. Anyway the alternative was peace, prosperity and strength, but Democrats are such fools.
That post from trobesmom was not sarcasm. trobesmom is a Trump hating Leftist poster.

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
Biden sole job was to get Trump out of office. He accomplished that mission. I hold the democrats responsible for not grooming a candidate to take his place. Harris is not the answer. Their only chance is Trump running again which just may happen. The American public deserves better.
The moderate to progressive democrats are as divided as the mainstream to Trump Republicans. None of the moderate middle had a chance. The progressives will poison the well.

That middle could make a great 3rd party if there was any chance of a groups getting it together.

I'm surprised that none of the closet Trump haters on the Republican side have not accessed the dark money PACS. The Trump clones will also poison the well rather than speak out.

Those Rs keep depending on the Ds get rid of him, but that ain't gonna happen.

The consultant class is still running the country. And getting rich doing it.

When Ted Cruz is after Trump to spend some of that 100 million on down ballot candidates, somethings up.

1,837 posts, read 675,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
No one got what they wanted. The democrat party had FOUR YEARS to locate and position a good candidate to run against Trump in 2020, and they failed to do that.

So, well, I guess we'll vote for the dust mote then, and then in 4 years present a decent and responsible candidate to take Biden's position over in the next election.

I'm not seein' it yet. Not seeing anyone bubble up, although there MUST be qualified senators, congressmen, governors, etc., who would make a good candidate for President in 2024.
One issue is the states that go first in the primaries, including South Carolina which has more Republican voters than Democrat, have a large say in the selection of the candidate.

My guess is it will be Gavin Newsom. Nevada and California go early in the primaries out West. In the Southeast states that also go early, it's unknown but possibly Gavin Newsom will probably do well with black women left voters. Atleast the black women in media really dig his looks and are always extra happy when he is on their show.

The Democrats likely won't move forward a candidate from the middle of the country, especially moderate candidate, unless the candidate is a minority.

The Party isn't supporting Tim Ryan. They won't support Klobuchar. She will be told to stand behind Ilhan Omar and Kamala Harris.

Old 11-04-2022, 06:54 AM

3,113 posts, read 937,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Of course not. The alternative would have been MUCH worse.
I beg to differ!

Old 11-04-2022, 06:57 AM

3,113 posts, read 937,874 times
It's not just Biden, who is senile and not in charge of things. It's the entire Democratic platform which wants us to hand over our freedom and democracy to technocrats who will experiment us with the latest scientific fads, be they COVID vaccines, gender affirmation for our children, or climate change. The party also seems to be pro-criminal, nurses racial grievances and denies all reality (there are bazillions of genders!).

F the Democrats.

Old 11-04-2022, 02:31 PM

20,326 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Of course not. The alternative would have been MUCH worse.
Care to clarify for us that don't get how great things are now?

We could certainly gain from your insight.

Old 11-04-2022, 02:34 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Care to clarify for us that don't get how great things are now?

We could certainly gain from your insight.
Not wasting my time, but thanks for asking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies