Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2022, 03:43 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,658,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
How do you know the configuration of their bathroom? Mine has the toilet in a separate space with a door. And that’s the way the primary bathroom is built in the last 4 houses we have owned.
Some people can't see past their own noses or their own worlds.

Old 11-06-2022, 03:44 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
This. Well said.
As someone who is an Independent, and who use to be a Republican all I can say is the way so many Republicans have handled this it is disgusting. An 82 year old man was hit in the head with a hammer and had to go through surgery to repair his cracked skull and all some people can do, is make up conspiracy theories. Not everything is about Politics. Maybe try a little humanity....your almost as bad as Alex Jones attacking and lying about the families who lost their little children in Sandy Hook.

Assumptions from both sides - we have no information on what type of fracture hew had, what type of surgery was done ect.. The surgery most likely was done to release pressure on a subdural hematoma. Many people receive simple or linear fractures from a slip and fall. If he had a depression fracture which would require debridement and a plate - he wouldn't be out of the hospital.

As I said - a lot of armchair doctors and investigators who don't know what they are talking about.

Old 11-06-2022, 03:48 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Some people can't see past their own noses or their own worlds.
It's frustrating and why I have to step away - if people would take a minute and think instead of spouting nonsense I'd have more respect for them. No one I know charges a phone in the bathroom - bedstands, kitchen tables or desks - yes. Plus if you are in the bathroom - close and lock the door until police arrive - no reason to speak in code.

If anything - an intruder would attack you because you were trying to phone for assistance.

Old 11-06-2022, 05:30 AM

3,646 posts, read 1,600,968 times
Well when NBC reports one thing and another news source reports something different, and then NBC removes the report, what's anyone to think?

NBC News still has the youtube up of Meet the Press where the NBC investigative correspondent reports that "there was a third person inside that house that opened the door for police".

Search youtube for "‘There Was A Third Person Inside The House’ During Attack On Paul Pelosi". Still up.

Last edited by james112; 11-06-2022 at 05:56 AM..

Old 11-06-2022, 05:43 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
One source is the 911 operator. Also, it would have been recorded. And it was called "speaking in code" because he couldn't come right out and say what was happening because the loon was right there threatening him with a hammer. So he could only hint aka speak in code.

We heard the dispatch tape. Did the 911 operator speak to the media about the call? Or is the “talking in code” inferred based upon the dispatch tape? I’m struggling to understand where we get the notion that he was speaking in code because it did not come from the dispatch tape that we heard. The speaking in code rumor started very early but without anything backing it up as far as I can tell.

Old 11-06-2022, 05:48 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
This. Well said.
As someone who is an Independent, and who use to be a Republican all I can say is the way so many Republicans have handled this it is disgusting. An 82 year old man was hit in the head with a hammer and had to go through surgery to repair his cracked skull and all some people can do, is make up conspiracy theories. Not everything is about Politics. Maybe try a little humanity....your almost as bad as Alex Jones attacking and lying about the families who lost their little children in Sandy Hook.
Biden made this political by immediately blaming the attack on a whole group of people who had nothing to do with it. Blame him. He’s the president and should not be attacking and dividing the country.

Old 11-06-2022, 05:55 AM

1,392 posts, read 2,859,957 times
The best way to prevent a attack like this
Government survalance hell no.
Security guard,fence,why hell no.
Do what is poor folks been doing for a while.
For a bowl of dog food, large bowl I'll admit, get a pit bull.
Just saying if that punk broke into my house my sweet lil pit bull girl would literally rig the punk to shreds, unlike most of our dumb arse politicians she knows her assignment

Old 11-06-2022, 06:14 AM

8,757 posts, read 5,053,126 times
Quote:
Do you think the Pelosi's have a bathroom like a commoner like yourself? HA, that's funny. I charge my phone in my bathroom because I don't want it by my bedside. My "bathroom" is very large and consists of 3 rooms: a small room with a door for the shower and toilet. The next bigger room is two sinks and a large soaking tub. Lots of counter space. No steam, no fecal matter. The third room is a walk in closet.
Why would someone, especially elderly, not want their phone by there bedside. If you are home alone, and you have a medical emergency....you have to walk to your "huge" bathroom, to get your phone. Does not make any sense at all.
Enjoyed the tour of your bathroom.

Old 11-06-2022, 07:08 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Do you think the Pelosi's have a bathroom like a commoner like yourself? HA, that's funny. I charge my phone in my bathroom because I don't want it by my bedside. My "bathroom" is very large and consists of 3 rooms: a small room with a door for the shower and toilet. The next bigger room is two sinks and a large soaking tub. Lots of counter space. No steam, no fecal matter. The third room is a walk in closet.
They ought to have a security system at least equivalent of that of a "commoner".

Old 11-06-2022, 07:08 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,658,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
Why would someone, especially elderly, not want their phone by there bedside. If you are home alone, and you have a medical emergency....you have to walk to your "huge" bathroom, to get your phone. Does not make any sense at all.
Enjoyed the tour of your bathroom.
Elderly folks do all sorts of non-sensical things. I can't answer that. While I'm not yet at elderly--I don't like my cellphone by my bed. One of my coworkers has the same opinion on that. Just because you wouldn't do it, doesn't mean it can't happen.

Lots of elderly also have landlines. I still keep mine because it's dirt cheap on my bundle plan and the sound quality is far better on it than my cellphone.

As an 82 y/o old, I'm guess Paul Pelosi is not dependent or in love with his cellphone. Most older people could care less about them and generally get them when forced to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies