Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2022, 05:20 PM

35,565 posts, read 17,911,118 times

Advertisements

Well what a breath of fresh air.

The odd thing is, I'm betting if you asked any of them 10 years ago did they think in a decade they'd be facing seditious conspiracy charges against the United States of America, ALL of them would have given you an emphatic no.

Such is this madness.

Old 11-29-2022, 05:23 PM

33,539 posts, read 18,133,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Being that one of the defendants in a previous trial got 10, I'm sure he'll get at least that.
I am surprised the communists don't put him in front of a firing squad.
The Biden regime always goes after those that are Trump supporters. Fact is the FBI along with Ray Epps set it up with entrapment scheme. FB lied to Facebook that Bden laptop was Russian disinformation and the FBI had a year to see it was legit. They lied and have been trying to take Tump down and his supporters . Anyone who approves of this is a Communist puppet.

Old 11-29-2022, 05:33 PM

46,947 posts, read 25,950,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
He is a Yale law school graduate.
I don’t think he is either, just drank the cool aide like too many others.
He mixed up a few batches for others to enjoy, too. Anyway - goes to demonstrate the difference between "law school graduate" and "skilled trial lawyer".

Old 11-29-2022, 05:47 PM

16,062 posts, read 10,716,913 times
So Rhodes and Meggs are the first people in decades to be found guilty of seditious conspiracy -- a crime that calls for up to 20 years behind bars. Probably others will follow as the dots are connected back to Trump.

OK -- Everybody sing!!

Just hear those cell keys jingling
Ring-ting-tingling too.
Come on, it's jumpsuit weather
and a jail ride together for you.

Outside the days go slowly
and your friends are crying boo-hoo!
Come on, it's jumpsuit weather
and a jail ride together for you.

Giddy-up, giddy-up, giddy-up, let's go!
You put on the show --
you were living in a wonderland of snow.
Giddy-up, giddy-up, giddy-up, it's grand --
just shaking Trump's hand.
Now you wonder how you're left holding the bag?

Old 11-29-2022, 06:00 PM

21,785 posts, read 25,080,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Well what a breath of fresh air.

The odd thing is, I'm betting if you asked any of them 10 years ago did they think in a decade they'd be facing seditious conspiracy charges against the United States of America, ALL of them would have given you an emphatic no.

Such is this madness.
Oath Keepers was always an anti-government group. Probably the first most people heard of them was Bundy Ranch armed standoff with the BLM. There was a bit of a spat between Rhodes and the other militia groups when Rhodes scuttled off after hearing a rumor that Eric Holder was about to hit the place with a drone strike. Ended up with Rhodes and the Oath Keepers being uninvited for cowardice and desertion. But really I guess two points from Bundy Ranch. Rhodes was pretty off back then and really thought Holder was about to the hit joint and he needed to clear out of the kill zone. Sedition really is very much the wheelhouse of the Oath Keepers. They weren't some kind of Watts Riot Korea Town group that came together to guard their businesses from rioters. They weren't even some joyseeking Rittenhouse types with a case of riot envy. They always explicitly were an anti-governmental group, specifically anti-fed.

Rhodes' fixation on Trump is really the harder part to explain. He really did think Trump would call up the militia groups and they'd be the vanguard of it all. Which is really odd as the Oath Keepers are an anti-government group and yet he had delusions that they were some kind of soldiers of fortune for Trump to right the stolen election. Sedition doesn't really surprise me that much but the manner of it does. I mean, why go down for the man when you're fighting the man?

Old 11-29-2022, 08:25 PM

45,189 posts, read 26,403,967 times
When will they arrest FBI instigator epps?

Old 11-29-2022, 08:44 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,984,067 times
So was today the firstday we learned they had a stash of weapons at a nearby hotel?

Old 11-29-2022, 09:41 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,813,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Well there goes the Trumpian narrative that no one has been convicted of sedition for J6. And since Trump sent him, it seems reasonable to conclude that Trump is next.
That is a step off the bridge
Don’t expect more than can be delivered
As much as I thought Rhodes was guilty, he wasn’t found guilty of all 5 charges
More slippery slope w Trump

Old 11-29-2022, 09:42 PM

13,186 posts, read 7,268,921 times
Not a suprise he was convicted Rhodes put on a terrible defense. Either he knew he would be convicted didn't care, or he was so delusional that he really believed the BS Trump put out there.

Old 11-29-2022, 10:26 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,813,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Not a suprise he was convicted Rhodes put on a terrible defense. Either he knew he would be convicted didn't care, or he was so delusional that he really believed the BS Trump put out there.
Just like his god Trump, can never admit to a mistake so he goes down guns a-blazing…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.