Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2022, 10:35 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Don't ruin your relationship with your son over this.

And I mean that from the bottom of my heart, as a mother.
If his son is a leftist, the relationship has already been ruined.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2022, 10:38 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,392,840 times
The education system has been hijacked by the far left and if they are allowed to continue you will see more kids indoctrinated against their parents and family. The teachers unions and elite in the education system hold alliance to the far left wing of the Democratic party above all else.

It is time to re-establish the correct hierarchy that teachers and the education system works for parents and people first with the goal to produce students that are capable self functioning and thinking adults that have critical thinking skills.

Most parents don't want left or right wing indoctrination in education, they want their kids to learn to be free thinking functional adults.

Teachers, along with truckers and farmers are among the most important jobs in the nation. Without them the country breaks down , and the future becomes broken. IF there are teachers that use their position to indoctrinate rather than educate they need to be purged from the educational system and there have been many examples of this happening in recent years. No one is without bias, but a teacher should never be known to their students to be of one way or the other in extremist terms.

As far as teachers unions I understand the concept of organization for benefit of wages and working conditions, I am not totally against this but when the teachers unions fund and show support to left Democratic positions above all else that is total corruption and cannot be allowed to continue.

If you look back in history it is fact that Marxist/communists always sought to stifle family loyalty and separate kids from parents in able to indoctrinate youth to be more loyal to the state above all else and what I see is that exactly being attempted by the far left now.

Old 11-05-2022, 10:41 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,211,637 times
Quote:
If you look back in history it is fact that Marxist/communists always sought to stifle family loyalty and separate kids from parents in able to indoctrinate youth to be more loyal to the state above all else and what I see is that exactly being attempted by the far left now.

Add to that the Dems are the party of war. Why anyone would vote or support the Dems - given all that has happened in the last two years -- is beyond me. They have really screwed things up...

Old 11-05-2022, 10:41 AM

20,046 posts, read 20,850,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
This.

Old 11-05-2022, 01:26 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,645,770 times
Quote:
Absolutely correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
That is quite possible. Most of my family has been brainwashed and indoctrinated, and, while I love them, I doubt I will ever be able to establish an honest relationship with most of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Add to that the Dems are the party of war. Why anyone would vote or support the Dems - given all that has happened in the last two years -- is beyond me. They have really screwed things up...
It is time for all of the Patriots (Conservatives, Christians, Preppers, etc) to retain a copy of the sample ballot for your area. (And maybe an adjacent area, if like me, you live near a boundary.) After the election, circle all of the winners, paying special attention to those who declare party affiliation.

This means your state representative (at your state capital) and your congressional representative, as well as your senator and governor. Keep track of this info, it will be useful in future decision making.

Old 11-05-2022, 01:38 PM

18,439 posts, read 8,268,923 times
Quote:
Cuba is a perfect example of that......

Old 11-05-2022, 01:41 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Why would you say that? You don't even know these people. Not everybody hates liberals as much as you seem to.

The only family I have are conservative Trump supporters. Or were anyway. Not sure if they still are. We have a great relationship.

Old 11-05-2022, 01:44 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,589,306 times
Dems will not reflect on the the cause of the blowout after it happens.......they will
just double-down.

Get more screeechy, Gen-Z progressives as voters, in government, into elected-office,
that is what the Dems will push to do.

Old 11-05-2022, 02:07 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,645,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Dems will not reflect on the the cause of the blowout after it happens.......they will
just double-down.

Get more screeechy, Gen-Z progressives as voters, in government, into elected-office,
that is what the Dems will push to do.
Actually, getting corrupt judges and prosecutors into office seems to be what they are pivoting to.

Old 11-05-2022, 10:03 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,732,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Biden & the Dems have really screwed things up -- and it's only going to get worse in 2023. Dem supporters know it - and they are about to reap what they sew. They seek to pass the blame onto others, but it falls squarely on their inept energy, political and economic policies.

Dem voters - wake up. Their actions speak louder than words - and you and your kids/grand kids are going to pay for their folly. Thermonuclear war is now on the table. Vote the rubber stamping Dems out or don't vote at all.

Biden and Harris are an absolute train wreck. Winter is coming.
Thanks to Biden, people can't even sell their personal stuff online at a loss with having to worry about the IRS now. I've never seen a president destroy the American people's wallet so bad as Biden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies