Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2022, 10:47 AM

11,913 posts, read 6,495,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
CBS = big American corporation

Big corporations = only hire College grads

College past 1-2 decades = 99% run by woke Marxists

ergo CBS is now run by ideologues who throw tantrums at the mere suggestion of non far-left perspectives
Agree — as I added above : It really shows how well the distinction has been lost between education and indoctrination.

Old 11-06-2022, 11:54 AM

6,754 posts, read 3,502,913 times
I like how the African woman is demanding African food for her kids. She sounds like a recent immigrant too.

I was waiting for the school administrator to say, "This is England. If you wanted African food you should have stayed in Africa."

But no, he humored her demands.

The gall of that woman.

Old 11-06-2022, 12:04 PM

52,272 posts, read 34,027,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
I like how the African woman is demanding African food for her kids. She sounds like a recent immigrant too.

I was waiting for the school administrator to say, "This is England. If you wanted African food you should have stayed in Africa."

But no, he humored her demands.

The gall of that woman.
'i want my African child to eat African food!!

maybe you should have stayed in Africa then?

Old 11-06-2022, 05:02 PM

6,754 posts, read 3,502,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
holy crap
holy crap
holy crap
holy crap

I can't believe it, I can't believe it

Carbon copy, Morley Safer is describing EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY what is happening now in precise detail. In the past 4 years I have not heard anyone summarize what is happening so exactly right now in such great detail as he does here in 1987 even from James Lindsay, Brett Weinstein, or Jordan Peterson. Oh my god, I am absolutely speechless

Pass it on, PLEASE. Make a copy of the video before CBS copyright strikes this youtube channel
American leftists used this episode as an instruction manual rather than a warning.

I love that British woman at the end. "'Political indoctrination...' all these big words. I mean, I'm just a normal mom, you know. But they're using their politics with our children, they're not going to. Not mine."

I think I instantly liked her. Salt of the earth Brits. She reminds me of people here until they all left because they couldn't afford a home.

The most important point, IMO, that was kind of glossed over, is she said moral values are for her to teach her children, not the school.

And this is what is happening today in the US. The schools feel they have the duty and the right to teach our children moral values, which is none of their business.

Old 11-06-2022, 11:25 PM

37,755 posts, read 40,836,000 times
Thank you for posting the video. Judging by the written message on the screen that "Escape From Sobibor" (a good movie) was delayed 28 minutes, I'm guessing 60 Minutes that night was delayed due to a football game that ran over the time allotted. I stopped watching 60 Minutes years before that but the delay might have caused some 60 Minutes watchers from sticking with it beyond 8:00P to go to a show on another channel thus missing this "The Loony Left" segment.

I think the "loony left" in the USA started when they decided that it was the job of the public schools to feed kids beyond serving lunch even though the parents got food stamps that weren't decreased in kind and it's not the school's job to do it, it's the parents' job.

Old 11-06-2022, 11:29 PM

1,384 posts, read 638,815 times
The title sure fits. Thank you for posting this.

Old 11-07-2022, 04:00 AM

9,512 posts, read 9,002,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
This can't be allowed to slide off page one. I know, it's 16 minutes... suck it up and watch.
Thay also made a book called 1984.

Actually the best modern review of this a book by Douglas Murray and it called “Strange death of Europe”.
The start of England’s problems followed ww2 when they needed extra labor to rebuild. The historical precedent was the return of temporary labor to the home county who was true worldwide up until the 1940’s.
This changed after ww2 with the demise of colonialism.

By the 1960’s, Britain’s politicians that pushed back on surging migrants was publicly shamed as racist. There was also a growing effort to not assimilate to English cult or values. Fast forward to today and more than half of London schools kids are non British.
Over 40% of the current London adult population is 1st generation “elsewhere” and were not born in England.

Old 11-07-2022, 09:09 AM

18,748 posts, read 11,730,080 times
It's insane in the membrane all right. Just like the right banning books and forcing a religious caliphate one size must fit all agenda.

Believing in conspiracy theories ( a race bomb that will kill only blacks.) Yikes. Why are conspiracy theories so potent to gullible people?

Common sense has been replaced by feelings and both sides has its faction that's gone off the rails. How do we get back to centrists?

Old 11-07-2022, 09:31 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,631,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Common sense has been replaced by feelings and both sides has its faction that's gone off the rails. How do we get back to centrists?
It's always been a small group of crazies on all sides, from Branch Dividians in Waco to Jim Jones mass suicide Drink the Koolaid Cult. The difference today is the schools are all far left and their grads now run big media corporations and focus on "us good" "them bad" and the perception is skewed

We get back to center by getting back to reality and logging off. Less social media, more hanging out with real people. Above all stop believing media, they are lying to you

It's amazing how normal people miraculously get along when they have to look eachother in the eye and consider their humanity when interacting. People have been dehumanized

Old 11-17-2022, 10:01 AM

52,272 posts, read 34,027,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
This can't be allowed to slide off page one. I know, it's 16 minutes... suck it up and watch.
a very worthwhile 16 minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies