Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2022, 02:48 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,652,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
The Leftist created Politifact always favors Democrats for some reason
And they quote a known disinformation site:
Quote:
The Washington Post reported that

Old 11-09-2022, 02:53 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,652,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Was Nancy asleep when she was notified of Paul's arrest?
Maybe she was up, waiting to see how her resourcefulness was going:
https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2022/11...d-paul-n656180
Quote:
Talking about her legislative achievements, Pelosi went on a frankly rather bizarre bout of boasting:

…I’m very effective. I’m a great … master of the legislation. And on the policy side, on the political side, I’m an outstanding, shall we say, a master of the resources necessary, intellectual, financial or political, to win elections.
She usually has some agenda in her "ready to go" file, just for times like these.

I used to have a hobby, seeing how many hours it took from kids getting shot, to her introducing anti-2nd Amendment legislation. The record was around 5 hours, IIRC.

Old 11-11-2022, 12:36 AM

6,230 posts, read 3,609,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post

My first reaction when I first heard about this was shock that someone would attack an 82 year old man with a hammer. Then the details started to come out.....I am 100% convinced that we'll never get the straight truth about this.
Nancy's interview with Anderson Cooper only raises more questions. At first they reported the 911 call was from an elevator, then they said the bathroom, which seems to be the final/official story. Paul was supposedly charging his phone there. So they've implied the call was clandestine, hence the clever ruse to have to use the bathroom. But here is Nancy at 2:35 saying David DePape stood there and watched/listened as Paul made a phone call:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7lFSpqApjI&t=20s

Um, why would DePape allow that? Who did DePape think he was talking to? And this implies DePape went into the bathroom with him.

I know people will flame me for this but in my honest assessment, Nancy is acting here. I can't quite explain what the biological process is, but when someone closes their eyes because they're experiencing a painful memory, or they swallow to hold back tears, there's a different cadence and intensity to it when it's natural vs. manufactured. She closes her eyes then deliberately swallows hard on the cues that she thinks she's supposed to follow, depending on what Anderson's question is.

She gave quite a sparse answer when asked how Paul is doing: he's OK, he has to pace himself. That's it? She doesn't have to violate his privacy and give us every little detail but we didn't even get a ballpark estimate for recovery time.

As an observer of body language, her facial expression at 3:08 stood out to me. She just finished her narrative of what happened that night, then sucks in her lips/cheeks, as if biting off her own words. This is commonly done when someone reminds themselves to stop talking, because if they keep going they'll trip up and get into hot water! She didn't do this with her mouth again the entire interview, so I know it's not about her dentures slipping. The look is coupled with wide eyes and really raised eyebrows, which is the classic I'm-pleading-and-hopeful-you'll-believe-me expression.

Then she punched a hole in her own story when she said there were closer hospitals but they bypassed those for San Francisco General. What? An 82 year-old man was bashed in the head in TWO places with a hammer, but they went to a hospital farther away. You don't have to be a physician to know head injuries can be deadly and time is of the essence. She said was because they have a trauma center. So the closest hospitals in/around a tony neighborhood in one of America's most populous cities cannot handle head injuries?

Old 11-11-2022, 04:15 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,090,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Nancy's interview with Anderson Cooper only raises more questions. At first they reported the 911 call was from an elevator, then they said the bathroom, which seems to be the final/official story. Paul was supposedly charging his phone there. So they've implied the call was clandestine, hence the clever ruse to have to use the bathroom. But here is Nancy at 2:35 saying David DePape stood there and watched/listened as Paul made a phone call:

Um, why would DePape allow that? Who did DePape think he was talking to? And this implies DePape went into the bathroom with him.

I know people will flame me for this but in my honest assessment, Nancy is acting here. I can't quite explain what the biological process is, but when someone closes their eyes because they're experiencing a painful memory, or they swallow to hold back tears, there's a different cadence and intensity to it when it's natural vs. manufactured. She closes her eyes then deliberately swallows hard on the cues that she thinks she's supposed to follow, depending on what Anderson's question is.

She gave quite a sparse answer when asked how Paul is doing: he's OK, he has to pace himself. That's it? She doesn't have to violate his privacy and give us every little detail but we didn't even get a ballpark estimate for recovery time.

As an observer of body language, her facial expression at 3:08 stood out to me. She just finished her narrative of what happened that night, then sucks in her lips/cheeks, as if biting off her own words. This is commonly done when someone reminds themselves to stop talking, because if they keep going they'll trip up and get into hot water! She didn't do this with her mouth again the entire interview, so I know it's not about her dentures slipping. The look is coupled with wide eyes and really raised eyebrows, which is the classic I'm-pleading-and-hopeful-you'll-believe-me expression.

Then she punched a hole in her own story when she said there were closer hospitals but they bypassed those for San Francisco General. What? An 82 year-old man was bashed in the head in TWO places with a hammer, but they went to a hospital farther away. You don't have to be a physician to know head injuries can be deadly and time is of the essence. She said was because they have a trauma center. So the closest hospitals in/around a tony neighborhood in one of America's most populous cities cannot handle head injuries?
She thanks him for the questions but she’s the one that provided him the questions to ask….

Going back to the elevators, consultants are likely telling everyone to quit using the word elevator. It’s elitist to have elevators in your house, let alone phones in your elevators. This will certainly dissuade Americans from any sympathy.

The lack of any videos continues to disturbing for most observers. Even when a FedEx guy abuses a box, it’s on camera and widely shown to Americans. Even a couple still shots would greatly improve credibility but it’s almost as if David is just some homeless guy picked up as a fall guy. Like Eddie Murphy in trading places. With NO video and NO photos - none, and NO press conferences by the defense, it’s growing into a larger coverup.

When was the last time democrats / SanFran said no to cameras in the city courtroom?

Old 11-11-2022, 02:00 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,609,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
She thanks him for the questions but she’s the one that provided him the questions to ask….

Going back to the elevators, consultants are likely telling everyone to quit using the word elevator. It’s elitist to have elevators in your house, let alone phones in your elevators. This will certainly dissuade Americans from any sympathy.

The lack of any videos continues to disturbing for most observers. Even when a FedEx guy abuses a box, it’s on camera and widely shown to Americans. Even a couple still shots would greatly improve credibility but it’s almost as if David is just some homeless guy picked up as a fall guy. Like Eddie Murphy in trading places. With NO video and NO photos - none, and NO press conferences by the defense, it’s growing into a larger coverup.

When was the last time democrats / SanFran said no to cameras in the city courtroom?
Good point about elevators. I always thought it was because they said DePape stood over Paul in bed and woke him up, then people would want to know how he escaped to the elevator (assuming it's in a main part of the house and doesn't open directly to the bedroom). I remember Romney got mocked for mentioning his car elevator.

Why has no one asked any of our living former Speakers of the House if it's true that security only stays with the Speaker and leave their residence if they're not home? So their family is left vulnerable, as well as any important information and technology inside their house? And forget about him being married to the Speaker--imagine any man worth $120 million not having an alarm? It doesn't make sense.

Old 11-12-2022, 05:50 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,090,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Good point about elevators. I always thought it was because they said DePape stood over Paul in bed and woke him up, then people would want to know how he escaped to the elevator (assuming it's in a main part of the house and doesn't open directly to the bedroom). I remember Romney got mocked for mentioning his car elevator.

Why has no one asked any of our living former Speakers of the House if it's true that security only stays with the Speaker and leave their residence if they're not home? So their family is left vulnerable, as well as any important information and technology inside their house? And forget about him being married to the Speaker--imagine any man worth $120 million not having an alarm? It doesn't make sense.
For the low low price of $259, anyone can buy a ring doorbell kit (2 pack), with motion detection. One for the front and back doors. Sure there are monitoring fees but for someone worth $120,000,000, can you put a price on safety? https://ring.com/products/video-doorbell-pro-2

Even former house leader Paul Ryan has security at his house and he’s only worth a mere $5,000,000.
https://urbanmilwaukee.com/2016/02/1...nificent-home/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies