Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2022, 04:14 PM

6,666 posts, read 2,972,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Which means there are a lot of others who do too.
This comment , along with the one about: since she was drunk her True nature is revealed as racist, I find pretty speculative. Bit of an unnecessary leap.

Quote:
I don't think she's "done for". The felony assault on a cop is going to hurt her a lot, and make it to where she can't rent apartments or take certain jobs, or even volunteer in a lot of capacities.
I agree that she is getting what she deserves legally. If they stick. While she messed up, I don't think this is some big culture shaking newsworthy thing. The other two black girls were smiling, like,..can you believe this woman?! And they didn't seem like the aggressor at all and to their credit , kept their cool.

Quote:
But she's got people willing to excuse her..
the only 'excuse' I can see is not making a big deal out of it. Nobody was murdered or robbed. And I am sure that college has many drunkards pulling shenanigans.

Not saying it is: But if I am being honest, I will say I can 'imagine' how 'people making excuses for her' may come off as - this is what 'White Privilege' looks like.

If it wasn't for C-D, I'd have probably not given this story 2 seconds. And probably won't remember it in short time. She'll be fine. Her parents will just 'white people' that stuff.

Old 11-08-2022, 04:26 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
OK, so we had a college student drunk after midnight on Sunday. She’s not allowed to enter a dorm in her midwestern school by the desk monitor and she launches a racist attack with swearing, biting and kicking two students before the 22-year-old drunk is arrested. Before anyone gets their shorts in a knot, I just think it is a deplorable situation. A young woman at the start of her life does something foolish and it is broadcast nationwide. I know enough about street fights to know that an assailant hurls at a person the worse things he or she can in an attempt to wound. It is possible that the young lady may not even be racist.

With the internet and the wide use of videotaping now foolish acts which formerly would be known only to the combatants can be shown nationwide. After all, the youtube video of the attack is having thousands of views even as this thread is being posted. I have even seen facts about the young lady's family, previous schooling, major and family background posted on the internet. The inebriated child will become famous for one instance of rank stupidity. Others should not try to hold this up to make wide conclusions based on the early morning cutups of a drunk.
apparently, she's/her parents are a Democrat based on reading this post.

Old 11-08-2022, 04:32 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
I don't think she's "done for". The felony assault on a cop is going to hurt her a lot, and make it to where she can't rent apartments or take certain jobs, or even volunteer in a lot of capacities.

But she's got people willing to excuse her. Some of the powers at UK are shutting up, at least one professor is telling the students to drop this and let the university handle it, and she was listed as a jane doe on the Jail Roster - apparently never corrected even when they found out her name. And she was shielded and allowed to leave out the back of the building.

There are people who are pulling for her, and also use that word.
Make something else up. Now if you said that about someone calling a black republican an Uncle tom, then you'd have something.

Quote:
The fact that she said it over 200 times, some of it in a sing-song voice, that's not the first time this week she used the N word.
Someone, somewhere said something. Oh the horror.

Quote:
No it doesn't. Victimhood mentality is an excuse by the weak, to cover up their own personal failures.

There are no studies that suggest racism stops anyone from making it in life.

Old 11-08-2022, 05:05 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Make something else up. Now if you said that about someone calling a black republican an Uncle tom, then you'd have something.

Someone, somewhere said something. Oh the horror.

No it doesn't. Victimhood mentality is an excuse by the weak, to cover up their own personal failures.

There are no studies that suggest racism stops anyone from making it in life.
How is that different, in the slightest, from sneering the N word at a young black woman? It isn't, is the answer. It's exactly the same. Both are attempts to degrade, and deny humanity to, Black people.

And here's what I know. She wouldn't be using that word, if her friends didn't use that word. We just got a front row seat to what she and her friends say when no one is listening. Only now, someone was. It was all of us.

Old 11-08-2022, 05:05 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:

But she's got people willing to excuse her. Some of the powers at UK are shutting up, at least one professor is telling the students to drop this and let the university handle it, and she was listed as a jane doe on the Jail Roster - apparently never corrected even when they found out her name. And she was shielded and allowed to leave out the back of the building.

There are people who are pulling for her, and also use that word. The fact that she said it over 200 times, some of it in a sing-song voice, that's not the first time this week she used the N word.

Again, link to the posts where people excused her behavior. Be sure to include all NONE OF THEM.

I think we have a case of C-D amnesia again. Medic? Can we get a medic?

Old 11-08-2022, 05:06 PM

Quote:
How is that different, in the slightest, from snearing the N word at a young black woman? It isn't, is the answer. It's exactly the same.

And here's what I know. She wouldn't be using that word, if her friends didn't use that word. We just got a front row seat to what she and her friends say when no one is listening. Only now, someone was. It was all of us.
Or maybe she has a ton of black friends. And is just repeating what they say.

Old 11-08-2022, 05:11 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Again, link to the posts where people excused her behavior. Be sure to include all NONE OF THEM.

I think we have a case of C-D amnesia again. Medic? Can we get a medic?
Well, the #freesophiarosing hashtag has now been taken down, (or at least made private) so I can't give you that. (Edited to add, it's still there actually. Been made private).

And I'm not going to link someone's private facebook page naming a professor who told them all to pipe down and keep this private.

And then there's the cover of using Jane Doe on the jail roster.

Old 11-08-2022, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Well, the #freesophiarosing hashtag has now been taken down, (or at least made private) so I can't give you that. (Edited to add, it's still there actually. Been made private).

And I'm not going to link someone's private facebook page naming a professor who told them all to pipe down and keep this private.

And then there's the cover of using Jane Doe on the jail roster.
You've accused C-D posters of being racist as well as said they all excused her behavior. Since you've been called out on that as not being true, you are now moving to FB?

Just a reminder since you seem unaware ... this is C-D. Not FB. I'm posting on C-D. If you want to take it up with the FB, you need .... to post ... on FB.

She was a Jane Doe because she refused to tell them her name.

Medic? We need a medic over here! And can someone take away her shovel? She just keeps digging a deeper hole.

Old 11-08-2022, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You've accused C-D posters of being racist as well as said they all excused her behavior. Since you've been called out on that as not being true, you are now moving to FB?

Just a reminder since you seem unaware ... this is C-D. Not FB. I'm posting on C-D. If you want to take it up with the FB, you need .... to post ... on FB.

She was a Jane Doe because she refused to tell them her name.

Medic? We need a medic over here! And can someone take away her shovel? She just keeps digging a deeper hole.
I've pointed it out, where people were showing they are racist.

Specifically, in my post #152, I said if you (and that's YOU, not generic "you") excuse this as being normal, that basically anyone would have done this, "there but for the grace of God go I", then you're racist.

I didn't think you were asking me to go back and repeat myself repeat myself, when you can read through this thread as well as I can.

There are others, who aren't being anonymous, and who are defending and excusing her. And that's what I added to in my last post.

If you're trying to find what I've said before in this thread to anonymous posters, read through yourself. It's still all here.

But for good measure, I'll say it again. Anyone who thinks what she said over and over doesn't make her a racist, and reveal her true colors, and if you believe that could easily happen to you yourself, you're a racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies