Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2022, 01:42 AM

24,627 posts, read 9,454,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
It used to be called global warming. That’s all you need to know.
Correct, per Al Gore, half the country should be flooded by now.

They quickly had to pivot to "climate change" when the "global warming" tactic no longer made any sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2022, 02:21 AM

20,048 posts, read 20,855,965 times
It’s all rubbish.
Anyone pushing this crap should be locked up.

Old 11-08-2022, 02:44 AM

7,356 posts, read 3,527,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by concreteblonde View Post
What rules are laid down for regular folks are disregarded by politicians and the elites with their limos, jets and steak dinners. I don't believe any of it. It's another talking point to distract and divide us while funneling more money into the coffers of those who have caused this mess and continue to profit by it..
car emissions/vehicle inspection: if you are elite and have money, you don’t have to worry because you can either fix the problem or buy a new car. the single mom who cleans houses for a living driving a 1995 dodge caravan is screwed if she can’t legally drive her car.

banning gas stoves/gas heating: again, if you are wealthy, it’s just writing another check. if you own a rental unit you have to eat the cost…and if you rent an apartment the cost gets passed to you through rent

banning plastic bags: once given out for free and used to carry groceries, some states banned plastic bags to keep that pesky global thermostat on the “perfect” setting. wonder who is disproportionately affected by bag bans? the people who take public transportation or walk to get their groceries, or the people who never have to step foot in a grocery store?

i could go on. there are tons of “green” initiatives people can clap their hands over but does it matter or do anything probably not. the bag ban is a good example of it. if you get rid of plastic bags, something has to fill the void. reusable bags don’t biodegrade and are much more harmful to produce and ship from our favorite polluter, China.

we need to just realize that the Earth is here for us to use it’s resources and when humans become extinct (and we will)the earth will be fine until the sun shuts off (another thing that will happen and no amount of liberalism will stop it)

Old 11-08-2022, 02:53 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Yep. And EVs are not the answer to anything but the global elite invested heavily in them so they are FORCING them on us. Total joke.

Old 11-08-2022, 03:23 AM

11,474 posts, read 5,995,398 times
I am much more cynical about the spread of the belief in man-made global warming.

The OP says that climate alarmism is virtue signaling. No doubt that virtue signaling has been encouraged as a way to gain adherents to climate alarmism. That is a means to an end. I am much more cynical in my belief about why climate alarmism is being spread.

I believe the conspiracy theory that climate alarmism is a tool to starve the Western nations of cheap energy, so as to destroy our economies, which will reduce our world influence so as to propagate a new world order.

Climate alarmism was conceived by the Club of Rome, which was founded in 1968 as a means of population control. This elite group of world leaders took it upon themselves to decide that the world was overpopulated and growth needed to stop. They decided that the ultimate way to stop world population growth was to starve the West of cheap energy using climate alarmism to call for dramatic cuts in energy production and consumption, and transferring the wealth of the Western nations to Third World countries.

They are seeking a new world order where elites govern the world. The means to achieve this new world order is to reduce the influence of the wealthy and prosperous Western nations by starving them of cheap energy. Cheap energy is the basis of every propsperous world economy. You can't have a booming economy without it. They are setting us up for energy shortages with the rapid change from fossil fuels to renewable energy sources.

All of this sounds crazy but it is what I believe after doing my own homework. All of the Western nations suddenly "going green" all at once just can't be a coincidence. It is a coordinated effort from a central controlling body of elite leaders.

The relevance of my view for this thread is that the OP says the belief in climate alarmism and the need to stop utilizing fossil fuels is merely a social trend supporting a vogue belief. My view is much darker than that - which is that people are being used as pawns to support this movement to starve the western nations of cheap energy and crash our economies.

It is true that we see some western nations pivot from the rate at which they are transitioning to all renewables. The ones going too fast are like turning up the boiling pot too fast and the frog jumps out of the pot. So there is push back. They back off so as to put the frog back in and then turn the heat up a little slower going forward.

The end game is all the same - the creation of a new world order with marginal influence by Western nations whose economies are severely hurt by starving them of cheap, plentiful energy.

Maybe I am a nut. Maybe not.

Old 11-08-2022, 03:35 AM

11,474 posts, read 5,995,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
The fraud and the scam is stating that they know how bad it will be and how soon it will be.

In reality, global warming is an extremely long term problem and there is disagreement on how bad the effects will be. That HAS to be kept in mind when implementing actions. Banning fertilizer in the Netherlands to shut down 50% of Europe's crop output just causes pain and death, as does shutting down oil rigs and refineries.

You are choosing guaranteed death pain and misery over hypothetical death pain and misery

Historically we have innovated out of all our large scale problems. Even right now today we have the technology to dim the sunlight through seeding sand into the upper atmosphere and that would cool the Earth overnight and solve the problem, We can do this any time, and Musk has said he has the ability to deploy filters in orbit on a large scale.

It is possible in 10 years we'll have revolutionary new turbines to suck all the extra carbon out of the air or we engineer super plants to eat it all up
The fraud and scam is the claim that man can control the earth's climate and man's activity is the primary cause of a future with dangerous and deadly climate.

The fraud and scam is a denial that natural astrologic and geologic forces are the primary drivers of planetary climate, which changes naturally over time due to solar activity, the strength of the earth's protective magnetic field, the earth's orbit and wobble, the position of magnetic north, the flow of magma within the earth's core, volcanic activity, and other natural phenomena that have caused us to go in and out of five ice ages over the past 500 million years.

This fraudulent claim is based on IPCC models that have no basis in reality and are useless at describing known climate changes in the past. The model doesn't fit any past climate but claims to be able to accurately predict climate hundreds of years in the future. It is preposterous.

Nobody could be this stupid. This level of error can only be the result of intentional political forces pushing a global agenda, which is the destruction of the economies of all the Western nations.

Old 11-08-2022, 04:10 AM

1,601 posts, read 866,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
I am much more cynical about the spread of the belief in man-made global warming.

The OP says that climate alarmism is virtue signaling. No doubt that virtue signaling has been encouraged as a way to gain adherents to climate alarmism. That is a means to an end. I am much more cynical in my belief about why climate alarmism is being spread.

I believe the conspiracy theory that climate alarmism is a tool to starve the Western nations of cheap energy, so as to destroy our economies, which will reduce our world influence so as to propagate a new world order.

Climate alarmism was conceived by the Club of Rome, which was founded in 1968 as a means of population control. This elite group of world leaders took it upon themselves to decide that the world was overpopulated and growth needed to stop. They decided that the ultimate way to stop world population growth was to starve the West of cheap energy using climate alarmism to call for dramatic cuts in energy production and consumption, and transferring the wealth of the Western nations to Third World countries.

They are seeking a new world order where elites govern the world. The means to achieve this new world order is to reduce the influence of the wealthy and prosperous Western nations by starving them of cheap energy. Cheap energy is the basis of every propsperous world economy. You can't have a booming economy without it. They are setting us up for energy shortages with the rapid change from fossil fuels to renewable energy sources.

All of this sounds crazy but it is what I believe after doing my own homework. All of the Western nations suddenly "going green" all at once just can't be a coincidence. It is a coordinated effort from a central controlling body of elite leaders.

The relevance of my view for this thread is that the OP says the belief in climate alarmism and the need to stop utilizing fossil fuels is merely a social trend supporting a vogue belief. My view is much darker than that - which is that people are being used as pawns to support this movement to starve the western nations of cheap energy and crash our economies.

It is true that we see some western nations pivot from the rate at which they are transitioning to all renewables. The ones going too fast are like turning up the boiling pot too fast and the frog jumps out of the pot. So there is push back. They back off so as to put the frog back in and then turn the heat up a little slower going forward.

The end game is all the same - the creation of a new world order with marginal influence by Western nations whose economies are severely hurt by starving them of cheap, plentiful energy.

Maybe I am a nut. Maybe not.

I don't think you're a nut. The extremely wealthy families of the world share a few commonalities:

1. They wish to remain in charge.
2. They wish to retain their fortunes.

The thing that most keeps them up at night is the unassailable fact that there are way more of us then there are of them, and they're always one political wrong turn from being drug into the streets and killed. If Wikipedia is to be believed, there are about 2,200 billionaires worldwide. They run in the same circles and are just as prone to group think as any other humans. They just have the resources to do both great and terrible things. You add in their families, and the additional 220,000 or so ultra high net worth individuals ($30 million +) and their families, and you have a lot of people interested in keeping the masses distracted.

Old 11-08-2022, 04:26 AM

2,983 posts, read 1,166,187 times
Remember it was global warming a few years but they keep having global warming conferences during blizzards and were embarrassed now they use the climate change well of course the climate changes it has for billions of years even before man came around!!

Old 11-08-2022, 04:52 AM

1,334 posts, read 2,993,816 times
I believe the truth is we have made advancements in green energy. But the bottom line this country still runs on oil, natural gas and coal. What we really need are more solutions like carbon capture. To those who say we are not there yet on carbon capture, I say to you we are also not there on solar, wind and batteries.

Old 11-08-2022, 05:08 AM

19,025 posts, read 14,205,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
What we really need are more solutions like carbon capture.
Karbonism is going to be the greatest joke of the 21st century.
CO2, a trace gas, is not the "cause" of climate change, when all evidence shows that it FOLLOWS temperature changes. And outgassing from the ocean DWARFS humanity's output of CO2.
If you doubt that "climate scientists" can be bought off, consider this:
https://www.usnews.com/news/articles...-you-after-all
... [R]esearchers wrote in JAMA Internal Medicine, that the sugar industry paid scientists in the 1960s to downplay links between sugar and heart disease, and instead play up the emerging science about saturated fat as a more likely contributor to heart disease problems than sugar.
- - -
And thus we wound up with the idiotic "food pyramid" that stressed high carbohydrate diets and low fat, which triggered widespread obesity and diabetes, as well as heart disease.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies