Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2022, 05:02 PM

35,660 posts, read 21,025,987 times

Advertisements

Well it’s raining - so no blood moon watching. I just got an alert the polls officially closed for eastern time. I don’t have cable, so see what can get on YouTube. Praying for peace in any win or loss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2022, 05:45 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,195,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Well it’s raining - so no blood moon watching. I just got an alert the polls officially closed for eastern time. I don’t have cable, so see what can get on YouTube. Praying for peace in any win or loss.
many places the polls close at 8. one town in PA is going until 10 pm because they "ran out of paper in the tabulating machines".

Old 11-08-2022, 06:14 PM

8,017 posts, read 5,852,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
O'Rourke will replace Buttigieg as Secretary of Transportation in Biden's second term if not sooner.
Beta O'Rourke is an absolute clown. I literally do not think he is capable of doing any job well.

As for Pete Buttplug, he has his tiny little hands practicing voodoo curses on Joe Biden, as he thinks he's the man in 2024. Again, if it weren't for maternity leave, "Mayor" Pete would have accomplished nothing in his first 2 years on the job.

Old 11-08-2022, 06:36 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,520,329 times
Quote:
time to celebrate, tiny!

https://i.ibb.co/FK6MtKg/Fh-Faj-E-WI...name-large.jpg

Old 11-08-2022, 07:08 PM

9,067 posts, read 6,298,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Charlie Crist will get blown out and score a hat trick. The only person to lose major elections as a Republican, an Independent and a Democrat. The guy is as phony as it gets. Total plastic man.

Now on the other hand, all is not lost for Democrats. Republicans will certainly take the House and bring much needed gridlock, but Democrats will not lose all 3 contests (House, Senate and Governorships). Democrats will squeak by on the governorships, retaining them. However it should be a wake up call to them that Republicans will have given them a run for their money in blue states. Something which would normally never happen. Senate very likely to remain with Democrats. So no 3 time loser for Democrats.

This will not be a red tsunami at all. It will be something in between a red ripple and a red tidal wave. Something which will be described as a level 5 red wave on a scale of 1-10. Not massive, but substantial.

I'd rather the Republicans have the Senate over the House, as the Senate confirms SCOTUS picks, however I will still be happy with divided government. The less the government can do, the better.

Gridlock is what I want.
Gridlock is certainly better than Democrat policies.

Old 11-08-2022, 07:35 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,766,577 times
My prediction is looking pretty spot on.

Republicans to take the House.

Democrats most likely holding onto the Senate.

Governorships a mixed bag.

Democrats getting absolutely destroyed in Florida.

Absolute historic win and asskicking by DeSantis over plastic man Crist.

Massive move of latinos in Florida over to team Red.

Old 11-08-2022, 07:38 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,766,577 times
Quote:
DeSantis mopped the floor with Crist in a MEGA MASSIVE blowout.

Even Miami Dade went red.

Old 11-08-2022, 07:40 PM

3,230 posts, read 3,184,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Charlie Crist will get blown out and score a hat trick. The only person to lose major elections as a Republican, an Independent and a Democrat. The guy is as phony as it gets. Total plastic man.

Now on the other hand, all is not lost for Democrats. Republicans will certainly take the House and bring much needed gridlock, but Democrats will not lose all 3 contests (House, Senate and Governorships). Democrats will squeak by on the governorships, retaining them. However it should be a wake up call to them that Republicans will have given them a run for their money in blue states. Something which would normally never happen. Senate very likely to remain with Democrats. So no 3 time loser for Democrats.

This will not be a red tsunami at all. It will be something in between a red ripple and a red tidal wave. Something which will be described as a level 5 red wave on a scale of 1-10. Not massive, but substantial.

I'd rather the Republicans have the Senate over the House, as the Senate confirms SCOTUS picks, however I will still be happy with divided government. The less the government can do, the better.

Gridlock is what I want.
So far, you nailed your first prediction! Crist will wind up losing by about 20% to DeSantis.

Old 11-08-2022, 07:40 PM

9,368 posts, read 6,966,039 times
DeSantis 2024

Old 11-08-2022, 07:47 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,703,406 times
Google shows Walker in the lead again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies