Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2022, 09:52 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,934,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
yes, it was approved. ALL surgeries have to be approved. The final decision was hers though.
Approved on what?

If you are given a WRONG diagnosis and then agree to surgery because of that diagnosis and lose a body part because of it you are OK with that?

If a woman was told she had breast cancer and agrees to the advice that she needs a mastectomy... and then finds out AFTER her breast were lopped off, that she never had breast cancer....

That's on the patient? It's her fault her breasts were lopped off? She has no recourse and just needs to suck it up?

That's exactly what you are saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2022, 10:02 AM

5,213 posts, read 3,008,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Approved on what?

If you are given a WRONG diagnosis and then agree to surgery because of that diagnosis and lose a body part because of it you are OK with that?

If a woman was told she had breast cancer and agrees to the advice that she needs a mastectomy... and then finds out AFTER her breast were lopped off, that she never had breast cancer....

That's on the patient? It's her fault her breasts were lopped off? She has no recourse and just needs to suck it up?

What exactly was the wrong diagnosis? Im not seeing anything in the article stating that there was one. Only that she was unhappy with the surgery and she doesn't think she will find anyone who finds her attractive without breasts.

Old 11-08-2022, 10:05 AM

Quote:
What exactly was the wrong diagnosis? Im not seeing anything in the article stating that there was one. Only that she was unhappy with the surgery and she doesn't think she will find anyone who finds her attractive without breasts.
She's not "nonbinary." That was the "diagnosis" on which the double mastectomy was based.

Honestly, if you're not going to read the article , why bother posting?

If a dentist said your tooth was rotten and yanked it out, and your tooth wasn't rotten, you'd pay him thank him and be on your way perfectly happy you lost a healthy tooth for no reason, based on his "diagnosis"?

Do you REALLY not understand this???

Old 11-08-2022, 10:08 AM

Quote:
She's not "nonbinary." That was the "diagnosis" on which the double mastectomy was based.

Honestly, if you're not going to read the article , why bother posting?

If a dentist said your tooth was rotten and yanked it out, and your tooth wasn't rotten, you'd pay him thank him and be on your way perfectly happy you lost a healthy tooth for no reason, based on his "diagnosis"?

Do you REALLY not understand this???
There is a difference between your scenarios. A tooth can be proven to be rotten; a breast can be proven to have cancer. Mental disorders are honestly a bit of a guess and are based on what the person tells the doctors.

If I go to a doctor and everything, I am telling them tells them that I have a certain mental disorder, then that is what they are going to diagnose.

In the end, she agreed with having the surgery. You can try to spin it anyway you want but it was her decision.

Old 11-08-2022, 10:11 AM

Quote:
There is a difference between your scenarios. A tooth can be proven to be rotten; a breast can be proven to have cancer. Mental disorders are honestly a bit of a guess and are based on what the person tells the doctors.

If I go to a doctor and everything, I am telling them tells them that I have a certain mental disorder, then that is what they are going to diagnose.

In the end, she agreed with having the surgery. You can try to spin it anyway you want but it was her decision.
I finally figured it out.

You don't believe trans is a mental illness and see it all as cosmetic surgery, completely up to the patient as the medical professionals opinions don't play into the equation at all. They bear ZERO responsibility for the patients health, since it's not a health matter.

You could have stated that upfront.

Old 11-08-2022, 10:12 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,990,937 times
Quote:
Approved on what?

But the law suit says nothing about their being a wrong diagnosis right? You are making up a different scenario.

The patient had a meeting.

She would have had to sign consent forms.

What is her mental illness is sich that she convinced the caregivers that she knw what she was doing.

That's a real subjective call here.

Not sure we have all the facts of the case and definitely it has nothing to do with this scenario you present.

Old 11-08-2022, 10:14 AM

Quote:
I finally figured it out.

You don't believe trans is a mental illness and see it all as cosmetic surgery, completely up to the patient as the medical professionals opinions don't play into the equation at all. They bear ZERO responsibility for the patients health, since it's not a health matter.

You could have stated that upfront.
You may want to read what I said. I clearly stated that it is a mental illness. Not sure where you are getting your part from.

What I am saying is to stop comparing what happened to her to being misdiagnosed with breast cancer or a rotten tooth. You are doing a disservice to those who have mental issues.

Old 11-08-2022, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
But the law suit says nothing about their being a wrong diagnosis right? You are making up a different scenario.

The patient had a meeting.

She would have had to sign consent forms.

What is her mental illness is sich that she convinced the caregivers that she knw what she was doing.

That's a real subjective call here.

Not sure we have all the facts of the case and definitely it has nothing to do with this scenario you present.
Camille is suing four defendants in her lawsuit: a licensed clinical social worker and a licensed professional counselor, each of whom claimed to “evaluate” Camille and recommended her for double mastectomy surgery to “affirm” her “non-binary identity,” and the two health care clinics that employ these mental health professionals; both clinics claim to specialize in helping the “LGBTQ” community.

Camille’s legal claims include:

1) Professional malpractice – breach of the duty of care that mental health professionals owe to an individual client;

2) Intentional infliction of emotional distress; and

3) Fraud.

Camille alleges that the mental health professionals who claimed to evaluate and diagnose her ignored her history of trauma and her extensive medical and mental health issues, instead “affirming” her belief in having a “non-binary identity” and urging her to pursue “chest reconstruction” surgery as the path to self-actualization.

Old 11-08-2022, 10:15 AM

6,631 posts, read 2,951,738 times
Quote:

She is certainly to blame initially for not thinking things through but the doctor is also a scummy person.

Is the doctor a psychologist too? I'd hope people would need a bit more proof for serious surgery than a 'he said she said' over Zoom. I am still curious what counts as a scientific "diagnose" in this case.

But we all know the doctor won't turn down easy $$$.

What law did he break? Negligence maybe?
How did this thought even enter her head to make the trip to the doctor? Tik Tok?

Old 11-08-2022, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
She is certainly to blame initially for not thinking things through but the doctor is also a scummy person.

Is the doctor a psychologist too? I'd hope people would need a bit more proof for serious surgery than a 'he said she said' over Zoom. I am still curious what counts as a scientific "diagnose" in this case.

But we all know the doctor won't turn down easy $$$.

What law did he break? Negligence maybe?
How did this thought even enter her head to make the trip to the doctor? Tik Tok?
Now that is the question.

Im not saying the Drs dont share some blame but in the end it was her decision. That is my point about this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies