Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why did the republicans red wave fail?
Trump republicans and their radical views 44 15.44%
Jan 6 failed coup attempt 2 0.70%
Election lies 24 8.42%
abortion rights 49 17.19%
all of the above 166 58.25%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2022, 01:17 AM

1,154 posts, read 274,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
That's all well and good, assuming voters have a choice. In WI, the GOP controlled legislature will NOT allow the question on a ballot, despite the state just elected for the second time the Dem Gov who they defanged before he even took office the first time four years ago. Fortunately, he can still veto here and there, but they refuse to seat his appointees and often sue him when they don't like what he's doing.

GOP legislature, thanks to gerrymandering, has its boot permanently on the neck of this state. Reasonable abortion legislation will never be codified with the current dimwits running the state. GOP leader yesterday said he was willing to consider a rape/incest exception, but there are hundreds of other variables where a termination is necessary. Our Dem Gov says he will veto narrow limitations on legal abortion which is in actuality a ban. Medical professionals are angry and frustrated - they can no longer do what's best for the patient.

It is a huge problem. And, as I've said elsewhere, a canary in the coal mine on just how controlling the GOP is. This country was founded by people who suffered religious persecution in England. These days, GOP wants theocratic ideology to be the law of the land.

People are afraid of these nutters. I know I am.

Ditto!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2022, 02:45 AM

10,759 posts, read 4,346,172 times
So is there any chance of Republican winning Nevada Senate? Laxalt got a chance at all of winning enough at Clark? Or would you bet your house that he's lost?

Old 11-12-2022, 02:46 AM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
With the latest update, I can see there was no red wave. In any chamber.

Here’s what the GOP needs to do, and fast:
- Stop the anti-abortion crap
- Stop picking old rich white men
- Start picking young diverse candidate
- Stop the election denying crap
- Embrace mail-in voting
- Stop blaming Trump for every loss. Unless Trump gets a clogged artery from his diet or goes to jail, he’s not going anywhere anytime soon.
- Stop worshipping DeSantis, he hasn’t even announced he’s running for president

As a black conservative, the future of the GOP is very bleak. The old timers don’t have very much time left and then we’re only going to see blue waves.

Democrats are awful, they make me sick to my stomach, but they know how to beat the GOP in elections.

Last edited by Rocko20; 11-12-2022 at 03:05 AM..

Old 11-12-2022, 03:49 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If the polls are relying on anyone under 40 answering their phones, they have a serious problem with their data collection system.

Around four million new voters have aged into the process since 2018. After Scotus/Dobbs, young women were registering 4-1 over men. Their demonstration of outrage at the polls was predicted here within a couple of days. As long as they feel threatened by loss of their bodily autonomy, they are going to turn out and repeat last Tuesday. Anyone who wants to be elected to office should pay close attention to what they are saying on Twitter and other social media, not the polls or any news gathering organization.
^^^Yep.

It turns out women appreciate having human rights and they vote..

The GOP failed to "read the room"/country....as they have been doing for almost 50 years, we might add.

Old 11-12-2022, 05:22 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
No dem has any right whatsoever to talk about "candidate quality" when they just elected Fetterwoman.
Even though it was a state election in PA all democrats even outside of PA lose their right to candidate quality? There was no quality on either side. Look at OZ.

Old 11-12-2022, 05:30 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post

No dem has any right whatsoever to talk about "candidate quality" when they just elected Fetterwoman.
We here in Pennsylvania are very pleased that we elected John Fetterman to represent us in the Senate as opposed to a Trump wannabe Republican who claims all abortion is murder and who refused to condemn the crazy anti-democracy narrative of the MAGA GOP.

We Pennsylvanians won, Americans won, and democracy won due to the victory of Senator-elect Fetterman who ran on ideas, solutions and policies that resonated with us. We Pennsylvanians recognized the stakes of this election and knew who would defend democracy, women's rights and the promise of opportunity for all. That was John Fetterman.

It seems Pennsylvanians were not alone in their rejection of MAGA crazy. Americans from coast to coast are tired of crazy and enough of us have decided we actually want a constitutional republic where we argue about differences peaceably, we respect election results, we don't encourage political violence, and want to preserve a system that has delivered more good than ill in our 246 year history.

Hey, minnomaboidenapolis, here is a short video that might explain the quality and authenticity of John Fetterman and why he was the superbly qualified choice for us:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2mr7n2-jiQ

Old 11-12-2022, 05:35 AM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Here, I'll help:Any medical professional will verify these are NOT 'rare' occurrences. Doctors have had their hands tied - cannot administer appropriate medical care b/c what that is remains undefined, far too subjective and open to varying interpretations in the draconian state abortion laws like TX and WI, to name only two.
Actually, they ARE quite rare. 98.3% of abortions are of healthy developing babies in healthy pregnancies and NOT due to a physical health risk to mother and/or baby, rape, or incest. They're solely convenience abortions. You know... the "I don't want a baby so I'm going to kill it" abortions.

Old 11-12-2022, 05:37 AM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
^^^Yep.

It turns out women appreciate having human rights and they vote..
Interesting that you call killing over 450,000 females per year "women's rights." The rights of those 450,000+ killed per year were clearly violated.

Old 11-12-2022, 05:43 AM

7,241 posts, read 4,549,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post

- Embrace mail-in voting
- Stop blaming Trump for every loss. Unless Trump gets a clogged artery from his diet or goes to jail, he’s not going anywhere anytime soon.
- Stop worshipping DeSantis, he hasn’t even announced he’s running for president

As a black conservative, the future of the GOP is very bleak. The old timers don’t have very much time left and then we’re only going to see blue waves.
I would add..

- the GOP should make an effort to relocate conservative voters from states where their votes do not count to states on the edge. (IMHO this is why Florida has become so conservative).
- The GOP should embrace immigrants. They aren't going away. It is too late. We share values. We should seek them out as voters.
- The GOP should embrace the young, the right way. Instead of a student loan give away from our tax dollars, they should sue / get the money from the Universities. It would be easy to establish fraud in career stats.
- Stop it with the "LGBT / Homophobia" panic. Social issues are not a win. Don't even comment on them.
- Get the Rinos out of the party and until they are out shut them up. Why are the most stupid GOP always in the media. One thing I will give the democrats... they have the :message:. We can't keep the message on point. Romney recently saying we should immigrants for cheap labor to keep inflation down.
- The GOP should have a program to encourage young GOP to get jobs in the media, the schools, and the law.
- The GOP should get a few lawyers to read the law and figure out how to use it for us. That is the MO of the democrats, they have figured this scam out.

Old 11-12-2022, 05:46 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post

- Embrace mail-in voting

Democrats are awful, they make me sick to my stomach, but they know how to beat the GOP in elections.
Here’s what the DEMS needs to do, and fast:

-Stop the anti-abortion crap lies from the dems. It has been given BACK THE states where the PEOPLE of that sate can decide.

"- Stop picking old rich white men AND WOMEN" Like biden. I guess old white WOMEN are OK with you. Like pelosi and fienstein, issa, Peters, etc.

Or you just don't like rich men but, rich women are OK!

"Start picking young diverse candidate"

List what your "diverse" means.

MANY dems were only picked BECAUSE of their race and or sex, like harris.

I prefer QUALIFIED people no matter what sex or race they are.

"Stop the election denying crap"

Right back at you. Must NOT be old enough to remeber "hanging chads".

I recall MANY dems declaring right after Trump was elected and all through his term, "Trump is NOT my president"

Don't recall you EVER chiding them.

"Embrace mail-in voting"

Laziness should NOT be rewarded. If voting is important to you, as you claim, actually GOING to the votingplace shold not bes problem.

Of course those that cannot go because of illness, etc, should be able to write in BUT the vote has to be in by election day.

I NEVER missed a vote in my many decades and NEVER mailed it in and my commute was 35 miles.

IF your vote is so important, heaven forbid you have come out of mommy's basement and do it in pereson!

- Stop blaming Trump for everything is a dem position.

Dems shoiuld start TAKING RESPONSIBILITY for THEIR actions or non-actions. like the border.

" Stop worshiping DeSantis"

Better then calling him "The Messiah" like obama was called! Or "Camelot", like the JFK admin.

You are either too young or just not informed enough to know of the things dems have done in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies